2008 Magnum

2008 Dodge Magnum

2008 Dodge Magnum

4.5

Have You Driven the 2008 Dodge Magnum?

going to get me in trouble

by Weapon_X from Salida CA on Thu Jul 07 2011

Got the car about a month ago from carmax which was the the biggest mistake of the whole deal...... However I love the car very quiet ride and there are no creeks or rattles to speak of. We got the 08 R/T mainly because of the interior change. The cruise control lever is in a much better spot then the 05 to 07 models. Also the interior is much more refined and more thought out then the older ones. The Hemi is very nice has great power but i'm not a big fan of the lifter noise. Everyone says its a normal noise for a Hemi. its just kinda annoying when its idling. If anybody is thinking of an exaust system i put magnaflow dual exh. on mine and it just sounds wicked at hi RPM's but not so great when the mds kicks in. But i hear it sounds alot better then the flowmasters. The magnum has a very smooth ride, and good brakes for such a big car. overall i would highly recommend this car to anyone with a new family, its got lots of storage room :)

Great Car

by Gatorbob from Melbourne, Fla. on Sat Dec 13 2008

I love Station Wagons and this is almost that. Good road car and fun to drive. The SXT is not high on the "Bells and Whistles", but enough to make it comfortable.

MPG Disapointment

by Angel Fan from Riverside, Ca. on Sat Aug 02 2008

I bought the 2.7L V6 thinking it would be the best choice for good MPG's but so far my avg. is around 20mpg. Setting that aside, the car grabs the attention of the young and older generations. Very comfortable and fun to drive.

Muscle Car with utility

by Muscle Car for Dad from Noblesville,IN on Tue Oct 04 2011

I bought Magnum after owning many SUV's, a sports sedan and a crossover. This car has performance, a great sounding engine and you can fit the dog, 2 kids and your wife! I get as many compliments on the Magnum as I do for my Ragtop Mustang GT. With cylinder deactivation Fuel economy is good on the highway at about 22 but subpar around town at 15. It probably doesn help that I use the 0-60 automatic timing feature standard on the RT. The all wheel drive handles well for performance and in poor weather conditions. The fit and finish is typical mediocre Dodge type stuff ( if you are familiar with imports tighter gaps, softer materials and less rattles). However there is no import that looks, sounds or has the utility of an RT AWD Magnum. They should've never cancelled the model as those of that have the unique look, fun and practicality they offer over almost anything.

My Lowrider

by Starchild5477 from Watsonville, CA on Sat Feb 28 2009

I love my Magnum. I bought mine used due to the fact it was a rental. It came with 22" Boss rims and lo profile tires which gave it a style that caught my eye and my sons heart. I enjoy the ride and it is so comfortable on the freeway. I agree the turn signals are not in view due to the cruise stick being in the way which makes it hard to tell if they r on or if the check engine light comes on. The V6 has very little power and when I need power I have to put it in low gear to power away fast. I wish I had bought the V8 but gas mileage is important to me with my commute. The rims and tires I have give it a style I enjoy and could not see driving on anything else. I see others that lower the car and I believe the ride is severely affected negatively even though it looks good.

I like

by Mommy Magnum from Minnesota on Tue Nov 15 2011

I like the room in the interior. I do not like that the flashers stay on even after you turn, you have to manually turn them off. i dont like the fact that there aren't over head lights on the interior that light the whole car, there are some in the front and some by the doors in the back seat, that is not enough lighting. I also do not like that there aren't more heating vents in the back. These are all minor the major dislike is no awd, which would have cost a few thousand more to purchase. Overall I am happy with the car, it seems safe.

Great choice

by demodregon from on Mon Apr 02 2012

I just drove from el paso to austin and back, then to odessa and back, and it was one of the most comfortable trips in a car i have ever driven. the deal from the dealer was great, aside from the "as is" clause, but a great deal nonetheless. The response from the site was spot-on. I put in the request and had a response within 24 hours, and an offer within 4 days. I will be using this site again if I choose to purchase another vehicle.

Great style.

by Tammit from TX on Fri Aug 11 2017

Very reliable. Lots of leg room. Very spacious interior. Easy to add aftermarket products. great engine performance.

Depend and Reliable

by Ashleigh from Kenly, NC on Wed Oct 17 2018

My husband and I have owned our 2008 Dodge Magnum for almost 10 years, and we have had to have a few normal wear and tear things fixed over the last year. Our Magnum is currently at 230,000 miles, and it still has a lot of life left! The interior has held up very well and the durability of thw car has been way better than we expected (being that this was the 1st Dodge we owned). I definitely recommend the 2008 Magnum!

Best combination of versatility and performance.

by gretsch95 on Wed Oct 04 2017

I LOVE my 2008 Dodge Magnum R/T. I've wanted one since I could start driving. Even after 4 years of ownership I still love this car. It's worth mentioning it's quite a rare car. 2008 was the last model year for the Magnum; it was then replaced by the Journey. One of the most surprising experiences I've had with the car is its dependability. No matter the weather, hot, freezing, rain, snow... it has started and ran every time. Since it's basically a stationwagon version of the Charger, there's no shortage of storage space, especially with the rear seats folded down. Perhaps the best part about the car is how it drives, the handling is surprisingly good for a big car. Putting a HEMI in a stationwagon is a marvelous decision. You can't complain too much from getting 340 horsepower and 24 mpg highway for big car pre-2010. This car is happiest on the highway doing 65 mph. Great road-trip car. The Boston Acoustic sound system does not disappoint either. If I were to be picky, the only two downfalls of this car in my opinion is the 5-speed transmission and minor discomfort in the front seats after long periods of driving. I'm 6'1 so there isn't much upper-back support for me. The 5 speed isn't problematic it's just slow to downshifting to lower gears from when you need to accelerate to pass someone.

1 2

Our Take on the 2008 Dodge Magnum

Editor's note: This review was written in May 2007 about the 2007 Dodge Magnum. For 2008, the Magnum has a revised face and a mildly updated dashboard. The much-maligned cruise controls have also been moved to a more convenient location. To see what other details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Those who buy cars for sheer practicality should avoid the Dodge Magnum. Contrary to what its advertisements suggest, it doesn't hold a great deal more cargo than most midsize wagons, and its low roofline limits how high you can stack your stuff. The list of standard safety features is slim as well.

If practicality isn't your priority, though, the Magnum may... Read More