2008 Nitro

4.1 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Very Impressive Used Car Purchase

by Silver Bullet from Green Bay, WI on October 11, 2011

This vehicle was a surprise purchase as we were primarily looking at the Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX. I have had many vehicles over the years and not many Chrysler products. I have a 32000 mile R/T model and am very impressed with the power, handling, size and styling of the vehicle. The exterior styling of this truck is is what really sets it apart from other vehicles of similar size and style. This vehicle is also a great value when compared to other comparable vehicles. If your looking for a vehicle with a little more masculinity, take a look at the Nitro. You might be as impressed as I was.

Great car

by Rascal from Grandview Tennessee on March 2, 2010

We took our Nitro to Maine and went by way of Vermont there was snow all over and we did not have a bit of trouble out of it And by the way it is not 4 wheel drive just 2 wheel and still went along great I'm very happy with it

Better gas mileage would help

by 2 Dog Gal from Omaha, NE on September 14, 2007

Love the styling of the vehicle. To me, I bought a truck so I expect a truck ride. Better fuel mileage would have put a great bow on the package. 3.7 engine bogs down at times but I am not in a race. Sometimes the exterior door handles can be an inconvenience to have to push the thumb button to open instead of just pulling the handle. I am 6' tall and I feel the drivers seat is comfortable and have no need for larger footwells. Cargo area with back seats folded down is spacious - works well for my 2 dogs. Very happy with it - would be extremely happy if it got better gas mileage.

Off all the 10 cars owned

by antifordguy from dayton, OH on June 20, 2017

I have had many vehicles, especially in the military where I had to drive japanese vehicles never seen by Americans in Japan, I have had jeeps, fords, chevys, nissans, hondas, and a suzuki- and this car is by car one of the best. People claim its uncomfortable, but that only if you are used to a car or smaller type of vehicle with a smother ride. as far as SUV's go this is a great smooth ride, easy handling, controls work great, acceleration and performance is great, the space inside is bigger than most. if you want a luxury ride, this isn't for you, but if you want a solid SUV without spending alot , 4 wheel drive, then this is great.

Leased One Last Week

by Car Enthusiast from Detroit, MI on February 6, 2008

Dropped off my '06 Dodge Ram 1500 and picked up an '08 Dodge Nitro SLT 4x4 with the 3.7-liter V6. I added the 20" inch wheels, rear ParkSense, and the premium sound system (Infinity System). I like the exterior styling, kind of a "muscular" style, and the illusion of a chopped top (the height of the side and rear windows is narrower than most SUVs. The interior has a lot of buttons and it took me a few days to figure out everything. I would have preferred the temp/compass readings to be in an overhead console rather than within the fuel gage window where only the driver can see them.

Not a bad car by any means

by thenitroowner from on July 14, 2016

My mother bought this car back in 2008 and 8 years and 153,000 miles later, it's been excellent. It's not a very pretty car on the outside or inside by it got us to wherever we needed to be. This car handled 4 1,000 plus mile trips and never sputtered once. Only thing we had to replace that was not a regular maintenance item was something in the electrics. It was a little freaky because the windshield wipers and windows would trip out but we got it fixed quickly and it was ready to go again. It was hard to sell it because it had been so good to us but I'm sure it'll be a good car for its next owner.

Hummer Killer?

by Proud Owner from on March 3, 2009

Amazing SUV. The only problem I could point out is the rear set is extremely bumpy. Other than that the car is perfect in every way.

this car saved my life!

by Davina from San diego on February 18, 2017

I'm 24 years old and bought my first car a 2008 dodge nitro 4 years ago and I love it! It's affordable, realiable and safe! I've driven from San Diego to Las Vegas 3 times so smoothly and its such a smooth drive. I was recently involved in a car accident where a women was driving 40mph and ran a red light and hit me straight on! The car is such a tank it only took out the bumper, the other car was a huge 03' GMC suv and hit my little nitro hard! If I was in any other car I really believe I wouldn't of walked away as healthy and safe as I did. Amazing car. Love it, you never know how safe and reliable it is till you really need it to be.

a lot of car for the money

by Nitro Enthusiast from Crystal, MN on November 4, 2011

I have owned my nitro for over 3 years and the only problem I have had with it was a leaking seal near the crank shaft about a year ago and that was completely covered by the warranty great value and great car for the money

First SUV I have ever owned.

by Aries from Boca Raton on March 29, 2013

I love it. It is a 6 speed manual transmission, and I love sticks. Very exciting and perfect for me and my two boys. Plenty of room for camping, and adding our bikes to ride around town. Has truck feel with a great engine, and fabulous gears.

1 2 3 4