2008 Nitro

2008 Dodge Nitro

2008 Dodge Nitro

4.1

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2008 Dodge Nitro?

Great car

by Rascal from Grandview Tennessee on Tue Mar 02 2010

We took our Nitro to Maine and went by way of Vermont there was snow all over and we did not have a bit of trouble out of it And by the way it is not 4 wheel drive just 2 wheel and still went along great I'm very happy with it

Not a bad car by any means

by thenitroowner from on Thu Jul 14 2016

My mother bought this car back in 2008 and 8 years and 153,000 miles later, it's been excellent. It's not a very pretty car on the outside or inside by it got us to wherever we needed to be. This car handled 4 1,000 plus mile trips and never sputtered once. Only thing we had to replace that was not a regular maintenance item was something in the electrics. It was a little freaky because the windshield wipers and windows would trip out but we got it fixed quickly and it was ready to go again. It was hard to sell it because it had been so good to us but I'm sure it'll be a good car for its next owner.

Off all the 10 cars owned

by antifordguy from dayton, OH on Tue Jun 20 2017

I have had many vehicles, especially in the military where I had to drive japanese vehicles never seen by Americans in Japan, I have had jeeps, fords, chevys, nissans, hondas, and a suzuki- and this car is by car one of the best. People claim its uncomfortable, but that only if you are used to a car or smaller type of vehicle with a smother ride. as far as SUV's go this is a great smooth ride, easy handling, controls work great, acceleration and performance is great, the space inside is bigger than most. if you want a luxury ride, this isn't for you, but if you want a solid SUV without spending alot , 4 wheel drive, then this is great.

Better gas mileage would help

by 2 Dog Gal from Omaha, NE on Fri Sep 14 2007

Love the styling of the vehicle. To me, I bought a truck so I expect a truck ride. Better fuel mileage would have put a great bow on the package. 3.7 engine bogs down at times but I am not in a race. Sometimes the exterior door handles can be an inconvenience to have to push the thumb button to open instead of just pulling the handle. I am 6' tall and I feel the drivers seat is comfortable and have no need for larger footwells. Cargo area with back seats folded down is spacious - works well for my 2 dogs. Very happy with it - would be extremely happy if it got better gas mileage.

this car saved my life!

by Davina from San diego on Sat Feb 18 2017

I'm 24 years old and bought my first car a 2008 dodge nitro 4 years ago and I love it! It's affordable, realiable and safe! I've driven from San Diego to Las Vegas 3 times so smoothly and its such a smooth drive. I was recently involved in a car accident where a women was driving 40mph and ran a red light and hit me straight on! The car is such a tank it only took out the bumper, the other car was a huge 03' GMC suv and hit my little nitro hard! If I was in any other car I really believe I wouldn't of walked away as healthy and safe as I did. Amazing car. Love it, you never know how safe and reliable it is till you really need it to be.

Leased One Last Week

by Car Enthusiast from Detroit, MI on Wed Feb 06 2008

Dropped off my '06 Dodge Ram 1500 and picked up an '08 Dodge Nitro SLT 4x4 with the 3.7-liter V6. I added the 20" inch wheels, rear ParkSense, and the premium sound system (Infinity System). I like the exterior styling, kind of a "muscular" style, and the illusion of a chopped top (the height of the side and rear windows is narrower than most SUVs. The interior has a lot of buttons and it took me a few days to figure out everything. I would have preferred the temp/compass readings to be in an overhead console rather than within the fuel gage window where only the driver can see them.

a lot of car for the money

by Nitro Enthusiast from Crystal, MN on Fri Nov 04 2011

I have owned my nitro for over 3 years and the only problem I have had with it was a leaking seal near the crank shaft about a year ago and that was completely covered by the warranty great value and great car for the money

Hummer Killer?

by Proud Owner from on Tue Mar 03 2009

Amazing SUV. The only problem I could point out is the rear set is extremely bumpy. Other than that the car is perfect in every way.

First SUV I have ever owned.

by Aries from Boca Raton on Fri Mar 29 2013

I love it. It is a 6 speed manual transmission, and I love sticks. Very exciting and perfect for me and my two boys. Plenty of room for camping, and adding our bikes to ride around town. Has truck feel with a great engine, and fabulous gears.

Most reliable car I?ve ever had.

by SG from Glasgow, KY on Wed Aug 08 2018

This car met all of my needs as a mother of 3! Very spacious, and always dependable. Dodge always makes great vehicles! The navigation system, and rear sensor made it very easy to navigate wherever I needed to go!

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2008 Dodge Nitro

Editor's note: This review was written in November 2006 about the R/T RWD version of the 2007 Dodge Nitro. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what details are different this year, check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

For a brand that's constantly touting the toughness of its products, it's a bit ironic that Dodge has been a small player in the SUV market — the segment that has come to represent all things tough in the car world. However, with the launch of the all-new 2007 Nitro, Dodge looks ready to make up for lost time with an über-tough SUV if there ever was one.

The five-seat Nitro is a blast to drive in a straight line thanks to... Read More