Dodge Transmissions Poor

by from Blacksburg VA on April 4, 2010

I have had to rebuild/replace the transmission 4 times in 325,000 miles. I have been told by several mechanics that this is common problem with Dodge pickups. Also I had to replace the engine @ 125,000 since I did not recognize the serious carbon buildup in the oil pan and dipstick as being caused by malfunctioning engine. And dealers said nothing was wrong until engine died beyond warranty. Paint on cab top and hood flaked off at 10 year point, required repainting. This truck driven 90% highway.

The best truck i have had

by from on February 23, 2010

This is the best truck i have ever owned. I like the power, the 5 speed tranny and the 4x4. I cant really think of anything bad about it

The best truck I have owned most auto I have owned

by from Saint Louis on May 27, 2011

So far I put 230k miles on my truck. Other than a few expected replacement parts I have had no major repairs, only standard maintenance. It has tremendous power, idles and runs smooth, shifts solid, quiet in the cab and smooth ride on pavement. The interior has held up VERY well, no rattles or broken knobs etc.

Similar Models