Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2003 Ram 2500

2003 Dodge Ram 2500

$232 - $24,392  MSRP Range
2003 Dodge Ram 2500

Have You Driven the 2003 Dodge Ram 2500?

2003 Dodge ram

by carman from Austin, Tx on Thu Dec 17 2009

Drove a 2003 Dodge Ram Quad cab for seven years, very reliable truck, fun to drive with absoultly not one problem with the truck. Great truck

Great truck!

by Josh from Lake Ariel, PA on Sat Jul 30 2011

Bought my 2003 Ram SLT with the HO 5.9 manual 6 speed in 2004. It had 76,000 miles on it before selling. Reason for selling; needed to move up to a quad cab after having kids. I had replaced fan clutch, all ball joints, rear driveshaft universal joints. It still had the original BF Goodrich tires and brakes when I sold it. The 6 speed was a great choice to match up with the 5.9 Cummings. I did mostly highway driving, some light towing of about 7500 lbs. Great truck! Also had bought MBRP dual 4 exhaust 304 stainless, sounded great. Very practical truck. Now searching for a nice quad cab to replace it.

DEPENDABLE TRUCK

by GILLBILLY on Fri Jul 14 2017

TOLD MYSELF 2 YEARS AGO THAT WHEN THIS TRUCK WORE OUT ..I WOULD GET ANOTHER RAM ...THIS TRUCK KEEPS GOING AND GOING AND GOING

It just keeps on going......

by kf_hunter from Klamath Falls, Oregon on Sat Nov 11 2017

I've been offered more than reasonable money for my truck and politely explain that I am not interested. This is the second diesel pickup I've owned and now have 188k on it. It has towed way heavier trailers than it should have had any right to, with ease. It has hauled loads of hay that bordered on the ridiculous and been places any respecting big horn sheep, pronghorn antelope, rocky mountain and roosevelt's elk, mule and ... blacktail deer, would call home. It has survived me dropping a fifth wheel trailer on the bed and sticking it in a mud hole 25 miles across the desert from the nearest paved road. (My fault, not hers). I just can't imagine NOT owning this pickup.

Great truck

by Dieselfan25 from Plainfield on Tue Mar 27 2018

I purchased this truck for work and for personal use. The truck has been amazing in all types of weather. The Cummins engine is as good as they come. Great all around truck. Low maintenance and great reliability.

Most reliable Truck I've ever owned

by Truck enthusiest from West Haven, Utah on Thu Sep 24 2009

I have had my 2003 Dodge Cummins Turbo Diesel powered 3/4 ton "Quad Cab" pickup for over 6 years now, and 85,000 miles. It has been very reliable and trouble free the entire 6 years. Every time I get in the truck and drive it, I am thrilled by the way it performs and the way it drives.

Love It

by dieselmanht from Harrisonburg VA on Sun Sep 04 2011

Have had my 2003 Dodge since it had 500 miles on it and it now has 113000. Great power with the cummins and unlike previous generations have had no trouble with the automatic transmission. Only complaint is my dash has cracked in three places across the top on the passenger side. Which is apparently a common problem on these trucks. Other than that am happy with everything else.

Cummins Diesel Truck

by Ace from Maryland on Tue Dec 11 2012

This has been a good truck overall. The Cummins engine has alot of pulling power, and will last a long, long time. The body of the truck is starting to rust in places, and I am a bit surprised with it being only 9 years old. The maintenance cost of repairs seems high, because it seems to break more than my other cars. It has 102,000 miles, but it is still running strong. I plan on keeping it another 100,000 if the body does not rust off it.

Good, Dependable,Capable Truck!

by Redman from Newport, Tn. on Fri Oct 14 2016

I have a 2003 5.9 HO 2500 Dodge 4x4 reg cab diesel truck auto transmission (keep fluid changed) that I purchased in 04 with 9k miles on it. It has 70k on it now and still looks like new as I am very picky about upkeep on my vehicles.Truck has very comfortable seats and rides good considering heavy duty suspension. Load the bed down with green fire wood ricked up over the cab and be amazed how well truck rides and pulls compared to a gas truck! Amazing capabilities! Truck is garage kept and only issue I have had were the lower ball joints loose and I replaced the brakes with drilled and slotted rotors and ceramic pads front and back for better stopping power. Truck has a 4 inch straight pipe from turbo back so it has that unique Cummins truck sound that gets a lot of attention! Very strong truck that I would not have trouble selling due to low miles and like new condition and hard to find factor. This truck has amazed me and by standers with it's pulling capabilities and as the saying goes about Cummins 'nothing fancy just the only engine worth putting in a truck' has made me a believer of this over achiever reg cab 4x4 truck! If you can find a 2005 and back that's been taken care of, better buy it as these trucks are the better years to own in my opinion(end of the 5.9L) and easy to change the oil in (and fuel filter) and do not have the new emissions requirements and def fluid thanks to our government mandating! Open the hood on a new one and wonder where the motor is and how am I gonna change the oil? No Thanks, I will keep my 03! BTW I can service this truck using Rotella synthetic oil 3 gallons for $75 and oem oil filter $12 and wix fuel filter $10. I buy the filters by the case,cheaper that way. $97 dollars to service this truck your self using good oil and filters. Best truck I have ever owned and I have had them all! This one I'm keeping!

Best truck on the road

by speedysdad from Pahrump, NV on Sat Mar 19 2011

Have the HO 5.9 diesel, SLT, quad-cab, 4X4 and am going on 263,000 miles. I commute 150 miles round trip 5-6 times a week and change the oil every 6-7,000 miles w/preventative maintenance every year. Excellent handlings on the road and in town as long as you?re aware that you can not stop on a dime. Since July 2003 I have had to change the water pump, fuel pump, belt, rear bearing seals (twice), the brakes 3-4 times and other than tires 3 times..that's it regarding big cost items. I truly believe in the preventative maintenance helps the longevity of the engine which includes valve adjustment every year. My seats and interior are in great condition and I have had no complaints so far. Mileage over a mountain pass daily is on average 19-21 mpg w/ 24-34 mpg on flat roads depending on my foot. Either way I will run it to the ground and just drop in a new engine when the time comes. Concerns: play in the steering at times may get squirrelly on rough roads but Dodge says that?s the way it is.

1 2