Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2004 Ram 2500

2004 Dodge Ram 2500

2004 Dodge Ram 2500

Have You Driven the 2004 Dodge Ram 2500?

Best pickup truck ever!

by Buckeye Man from Columbus, Ohio on Sun Mar 25 2018

Bought this Ram new in October of 2003 and have logged 183000 miles on the 5.7 l Hemi V-8. Originally bought to tow a 32' Prowler travel trailer and it's loaded with goodies like the trailer tow & snow plow packages. I never pushed snow with it but there is extra cooling and steering features with that package that sure don't hurt. I've replaced a couple of u-joints and would recommend putting new joints with zirk fittings in them if you should need to. Even with this mileage the Hemi engine @ 345 HP is still as tight and smooth as day one. We test drove Ford & Chevy trucks before buying and they weren't even close. My brother bought a Toyoto about the same time and claimed it was the best but now he's driving a 2017 Ram 2500 with a Cummins diesel and says the Toyoto was a joke compared to Ram.

Great Truck!

by Writer from New Jersey on Wed Jul 22 2009

What a truck! If you are thinking of buying a Ram pickup I would highly recommend them. My truck has the Hemi with 345 horsepower. It tows both of my trailers including a 20' work trailer and a 25' camper. I also plow snow in the winter time with it. I have had to replace both side U joints covered under warranty after 75,000 miles. I recommend a cold air intake to improve fuel economy. The quad cab with real 4 doors is plenty of room for anything or anyone you may carry. The fold up rear seats are a great feature and the metal brackets make it easy hook up for a baby seat in the back. Look for a truck with the overhead compass and temp computer. This makes winter driving a bit more relaxing especially in states with Ice problems. The Trailer tow mirrors are a must if your going to tow. I believe Dodge has the best mirrors. If your going to work with your truck I recommend the Mopar parts for any tool boxes or ladder racks. They are cheaper then aftermarket ones and do the job just fine. This is an exceptional truck for guys or girls who need to use their truck for work and play. A versatile and tough truck.

04 Dodge Cummins Deal

by Horse Trailer Dad from Mt. Joy, PA on Wed Sep 24 2014

Purchased truck to pull horse trailer and as a 3rd vehicle for family. Love it! Just turned 100000mi. and no rust. Looks great inside and out. Pulls like a champ.

2004 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel

by Kkloos from Grand Rapids, MI on Mon Nov 07 2011

I am the second owner of a 2004 Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 Quad cab. The orignal owner used the truck for hauling horses. I currently drive the truck as a daily driver and tow from time to time. The truck averages 22 miles per gallon. The cummins engine is incredible. This is my sixth Ram I have owned. I don't know how Ram has gotten a bad rap about transmissions. I have never had any problems with my six Rams. My 2004 has 210,000 miles with the original transmision. I absolutely love and highly recommend RAM TRUCKS. There is something to be said when you enjoy every chance you get to drive your truck.

the best of the best trucks dodge 2500

by bigtex from NEWSUMMERFIELD Texas on Thu Oct 11 2012

the best of all trucks the dodge the most wanted truck on the market the 04 an 05 are the best of the best !!!!

Love my Truck!!!!

by Horse breeder from Carlisle, Ma on Sat Feb 25 2017

Chose it for the Cummins engine and exterior look, and comfort of full leather interior. Have babied my truck that was built for me, looks fantastic! No rust / no engine problems! Have always kept up with regular check ups. Have 155k Miles on it and looks new , drives great!

great truck

by dodge man from on Fri Nov 06 2009

this is a great truck i have 87000 miles on it and just got its first tune up. had to pud a rear end in but beside that grat truck. i tow a 29 foot boat and it pulls like nothing behind it.i have the hemi in it and its h really good pick.

04 SLT 4x4 Cummins Quad Cab w/ 195000mi -the best!

by PuraVida Man from on Wed May 10 2017

Bought it new and never regret it! This is the best pickup I've owned of many for my Colorado ranch. It's a heavy 3/4 ton pickup that's meant to tow and haul people - don't expect it to get 20mpg w/ a load and the ride is best with a load on the suspension! It's not meant to ride like your crossover bubble cars. I just finished a coast to coast trip and it still drives like the day I bought it but I take care of my equipment too so it's super frickin reliable!

Great Tough Truck

by Florida Richard from on Sun Jun 27 2010

I bought this truck to pull a 25' car trailer or a double axel dump trailer. It does wounderful with the Hemi engine. Also to pull a 24' camping trailer from Florida to Alaska and back. Great Truck

04 crew cab dodge 2500 Cummins

by Cumminsmeneley from Pleasanton, Tx on Fri Jul 27 2018

I traded in my 08 f150 for this more reliable 2004 dodge Cummins truck. The Cummins engine performs great at 130,000 miles. The ride is bumpier than my 08 f150. The comfort was better in my 08 f150 but what I like about this truck is no outside noise coming in. My 08 f150 had a terrible wind noise coming in. The A/C performs better in 04 dodge than my 08 ford. The fuel mpg is 21mpg hwy and in my f150 was 16mpg hwy. Once I upgraded the transmission and have it leveled this truck will ride better. This is the best truck I have ever own.

1 2 3