2005 Dodge Ram 2500 Consumer Reviews

4.2
Average based on 6 reviews

2500 owner

by from Marathon NY on March 23, 2012

I currently own a 2005 dodge 2500 4 door 4x4 with the 6 foot box. Mine has the Cummings turbo diesel with an auto transmission. The engine is a awesome, has more power than I ever needed to pull a large camper, or heavy equipment. unloaded on the interstate at 65 will average about 19mpg and 14 pulling my 30 foot camper. The interior has plenty of room for my family of 5. The only fault of this truck is their transmissions are prone to fail, and front wheel bearings seems to wear out every 20-30k miles, the initial additional 6k cost of the Cummings along with the increased price of diesel

2005 Dodge Ram 2500 4WD Quadcab SLT

by from Memphis, TN on August 20, 2015

I bought this vehicle with 90000 miles on it. I have put 10,000 miles on it now. Performance is excellent! he 610 ft lbs of torque is definitely noticeable when you stab the throttle as well a towing. I pull a 8000 lb travel trailer no problems. The comfort inside the cab is good. Really nice cab layout. The seats are not the most comfortable! The only downside I see on this truck is the ride quality. It rides really rough but that is expected with the big springs on it. Overall this is a great truck and I would purchase it again.

Uses car for Towing

05 2500 Ram Diesel Automatic

by from Iowa on June 5, 2012

Big step up from our 99 3500 Diesel. Responsive, Handles good, quiet interior. Took a couple of long trips with loaded trailer behind. Getting 17mpg loaded.

Uses car for Towing

Dodge 2500

by from Sabina, Ohio on January 23, 2012

My truck is a Dodge 2500, 4_door, 4WD, 8 ft Bed, 5.7 Hemi. Love my truck with only a few issues. 1) Hemi means "I Love Gas"!! I get 9 - 10 mpg and once in a while I am lucky enough to get 11. 2) Dodge has the most unreliable front wheel bearings and the most expensive to replace. As far as the cab goes, Dodge has the most room, most comfortable, and best looking interior.

Cummins engine the best feature

by from Santa Fe, nm on June 11, 2012

Engine good , interior is cheap but functions. Replaced 06 F150 which had nicer possibly more durable interior. Enjoy the truck and cummins drivetrain

Unbelievable power and gas mileage

by from Meade County, KY on September 1, 2012

This truck has 250K miles but feels like it just came from factory. The power is incredible. The gas mileage is 26 mph. If you baby it you can get 31 mph. I'm a Ford guy but performance wise...it's better. I like the look of a F150 better but for the money...it's a great truck. Get the 6 speed manual transmission or you won't get the mph.