2006 Dodge Ram 2500

What a diesel truck is supposed to be like

by on August 20, 2017

Great truck from mpg to power it's an all in one package this was the first diesel I've ever owned may never go back to a gas truck

Falling Apart

by on July 31, 2017

The Cummins diesel is the only thing that hasn't broken after 75K miles. I bought this truck new, and I have maintained this truck to the recommended dodge maintenance specs. since I brought it home. The Transmission started slipping at 65,000 miles, no longer goes into 2nd or 1st gear, driver side front bearing is going, leaks fluid like a British motorcycle, air conditioner has died twice, and currently does not work, outside air temp. reads -40ยบ (in Florida), rear windows intermittently do not roll up, window trim is warping and coming off, windshield wipers sometimes decide not to turn off, clear coat and paint are fading and chipping, the truck squeaks and rattles like it has 300K miles on it... and I'm sure there is more good news to come.

Uses car for Towing

Power and simplicity

by from Kalispell mt on July 15, 2017

Great truck! Gets everything that I need to do done. Simple controls and not hard to work on, lots of power and a fun drive in the woods or in town

Uses car for Havingfun

Beast of a truck

by from on May 31, 2017

Very nice truck and I love it. Will be hard to part with my first diesel. Was always reliable to get me places.

2006 DODGE RAM 2500

by from MOORESVILLE NC on May 19, 2017

FUN TO DRIVE TRUCK CUMMINS DIESEL 4X4 5" LIFT KIT COLD AIR INTAKE 4" STRAIGHT EXHAUST 20" WHEELS GOOSENECK HITCH

Very easy and user friendly selling process!

by from Wylie, Tx on April 20, 2017

I recently posted my vehicle for sale on cars.com and the process was very simple and easy to navigate through. I am very impressed with this feature and would recommend it to anyone looking to sell!

Dodge Ram 2500 Diesel

by from bel air, CA on April 5, 2017

Best truck ever, so much power, such great gas mileage, and super comfortable. The only thing I would change is get a new one!

Uses car for Towing

Most reliable car i have owned

by from Chicago, IL on March 26, 2017

great car have had it since 2012 and have no problems with it, use it everyday for fun, commuting, basically everything, i bought it used and it's never let me down

Worse reliable,tieRods,wheelBearings,steerinSoleno

by from on January 7, 2017

Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins is horribly unreliable. Tie rods, wheel bearings, steering column solenoid. And worst of all, when the batteries go dead, the ECM gets fried!! 2 grand to fix!!! Get rid of your Ram 2500!!

2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins

by from Barre, Ma. on September 29, 2016

A couple years ago I bout an '07 Ram 2500 Diesel and absolutely loved the truck. Don't get me wrong, there are quirks with the 3rd gen Cummins trucks, like injectors, front end issues, rust around the rear wheel wells and electrical gremlins from time to time. But if you know these trucks, they're an absolute gem. You can make tons of power with the 5.9l Cummins and there's a ton of aftermarket support for them. These trucks are meant to work but you really need to keep up with regular maintenance. Oil changes, fuel filters, etc. so much easier to work on than the Powerstrokes or Duramax's. I've had a couple vehicles in between but really missed having a diesel. So I found my current '06 and I'm in love all over again.

Our Expert Review: 2006 Dodge Ram 2500