2003 Dodge Ram 3500

heavy duty truck

by from pa on April 9, 2011

only complaint is the u-joints on the front axle at the hubs seem to wear out at @70,000 miles and after market replacements get about 20-25,000 mile. just put factory part on hopefully they will last like original.

RAM 3500

by from INDPLS, IN on March 16, 2010

I FOUND THAT THIS TRUCK IS NOT A RACER BUT A MULE IT WONT WIN ANY RACES BUT IT WILL PULL A HOUSE OVER. I LOVE MY MULE!!!!!!!

Uses car for Towing

Difference between life and death

by from on March 6, 2012

After owning a neon I was not very happy with Dodge. However, after having an accident with this truck I take that statement back. Even even hitting a cement divider on the interstate, we walked away with no cuts or scratches and even drove the truck back home. When we took a closer look at it we found that the damage was mainly cosmetic; the frame had only a few scratches. This truck saved our lives.

Reliability ten stars.

by from CA on October 30, 2013

Bought this truck for work not for the looks but fell in love anyway. She had 50k when I got her, I'm about to hit 190k drives just the same as when i first got her over 6 years ago. I have replaced the water pump and the power steering pump nothing else, other than regular maintenance. Very easy to work on, lots of room. Jack knifed in a blizzard, had to replace the driver side doors but no injuries. I promised her I will slow down when it's snowing. I used tow a trailer about 200 miles daily. Not once has she broke down on me. Her only weakness is her trans. After driving for a good while I have to accelerate a bit for a smooth shift. This is something that has happened since I bought her but her tranny still going strong. If the trans ever goes out I will convert to manual or just up grade.

Our Expert Review: 2003 Dodge Ram 3500