2011 Ram 3500

4.4

Have You Driven the 2011 Dodge Ram 3500?

Love this truck

by Bill from St. Albert Alberta on Thu Sep 27 2012

I purchased a new 2011 ram 3500 single wheel 4X4 in June of 2011. Since purchase I have put on 15000 kms pulling a 10500 lbs 5th wheel on two trips between Alberta and Yuma. This truck has more than ample power for the job. Very comfortable and all the features work very well especially the GPS unit. The exhaust brake is amazing traveling through Montana and I barely have to ever touch the brakes going down hills. Only complaint I have about the truck is empty the milage is really bad 14 - 18 MPH. Old truck would get 23 - 24. Loaded it gets similar milage to my old 2002 dodge cummins 6 speed manual transmission towing loaded depending on wind between 9 - 13 mpg. I really enjoy this new truck and don't miss the noise of the old one. I do hope it turns out to be as reliable as my first one as it never left me stranded including a t Very smooth and quite truck to ride in comparing it to my new truck. No plans on changing or upgrading he exhaust system due to warranty issues. Was speaking to a hot shot driver who drives a company 2011 ram 3500 pulling a flat deck trailer. He told me the truck now has 240000 kms on it and they have never had any problems other than routine maintenance. Two driver operate this vehicle all over western Canada. I thought said alot about the build of these trucks. I would advise anyone buying this truck to look after it and it should do you well. With my good luck with these trucks so far I would certainly buy another one. One last observation is pulling through mountains in hot weather is not a issue for engine heat or transmission hear. Good luck and enjoy whatever vehicle you desire. I have always said that they are all good till they break. Safe travels

Best truck ever

by Ram man from Allentown,Pa. on Sat Oct 22 2011

This vehicle surpasses all expectations, drives like a dream all bells and whistles. Dealer less then stellar, however. Sank truck in sand at beach put in low four popped outlike nothing.

Better than Expected

by Ford Fan from Ennis, TX on Tue Nov 24 2015

I'm a Ford girl, came from a Ford family, but the price point on the used 2011 Dodge Ram 3500 trumped my choice. Had only 15k miles on it, runs like a champ, pulls like a beast, smoothest ride I've ever had in a truck (it's only equal for comfort is the F-350 Kings Ranch 2005 edition). I've seen a lot of complaints about the MPG...let's get real, this truck is a monster, it's going to guzzle gas if you're hauling a load. That being said, once the truck has seasoned miles on it (around 25K) I started getting up to 22MPG on the open road (no load). Yes you are reading that correctly. If you keep the RPMs lower while accelerating, and use your cruise control it's amazing the type of fuel performance you can coax from this Ram. Happy Travels!

2012 RAM 3500

by Zoomie5 from California on Wed Jul 25 2012

This truck is awesome. the best value for your money, Ford and Chevy can not compare with this truck at the RAM price point. The Laramie Long Horn Edition is by far the best truck for the Money, the only issue when compared to Ford is MPG...but when compared to a King Ranch, the price will amaze you for what you get in the Dodge. Best DIESEL for the PRICE.

2011 ram 3500 best of the best

by boss hall camper from south louisiana on Thu Feb 27 2014

had a 07 3500 4x4 loved it pulled anything I hooked to rode rough got 2011 4x2laramie rides grate I have back problems and this is the best riding dully I have ever owned

o well

by rancher from many,la on Sun Oct 23 2011

i recently traded my 04 dodge 3500 because of transmission problems had great service from it got 16-18mpg and 9-10mpg towing and would pull great hold 80-85 towing load and had great torque. got new 2011 dodge 3500 appearance is great and rides a lot better than the 04 BUT fuel millage is horrible 5-8 towing 13-14 empty!!! also has trouble holding 80mph while towing. i am told it is due to emission laws. what a shame a truck 7 years newer and $20,000 MORE want pull and want get millage 04 got.

by backerstick from Willard,N.C. on Mon Apr 16 2012

I am usually a Ford man,but a freind of mine recommended that I try the Ram 3500.I like the fuel mileage I get with the 6.7 Cummins turbo diesel,and the six speed automatic transmission.The four door crew cab is roomy,and with storage compartments you would'nt beleive. All controls at your finger tips without your hands leaving the steering wheel.This truck is one sweet ride!

Sweet ride

by Plumber Guy from Spokane, WA. on Wed Oct 28 2015

Being a GM guy my whole life I must say it took a lot to change my mind. I have been looking for a Chevy or GMC Duramax crew cab and could not find what I was looking for in the price range I was willing to spend. A buddy of mine told me to try a Dodge they aren't the Dodges of old. I was pleasantly surprised at how comfortable and how well it rode. The power is smooth and the transmission seems to shift fine. I found a Longhorn edition in Portland and flew down and purchased the truck. The drive from Portland to Spokane I got about 18 mpg at a average speed of 70-75mph.Average in town is 13-13.5mpg. 5 hr drive my but and back did not hurt. All the bells and whistles that come on the Longhorn made my dream truck come true. I have only put 3k miles on it so far so I cant give a reliability rating yet. I have not regretted my purchase or changing to Dodge.

2011 Ram 3500 Laramie Dually 4 WD

by 50RWF from Oakland, IL on Mon Oct 17 2016

This is the second Dodge dually I've owned and certainly the best. I bought this 2011 from Steve White Motors, Hickory, NC. That was 5 1/2 years ago. Brand new and only 6 miles when I got it and now it has 242,000 miles. It's been a good truck and will continue to give me many more miles. Just finished a trip from Illinois to Custer, SD, on to Yellowstone, Grand Tetons, Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado, and home through Kansas and Missouri. We pulled our 34 ft. camper the entire way, even crossing a 12,300 ft pass in the Rocky Mt. National Park. Transmission was a little warm (215?) but engine temp never went over 190?. Only 1 problem on vacation, and the first real service work other than scheduled maintenance, since I bought the truck. Had a smog sensor at the turbo that went bad and had to be towed a half mile to repair shop. Fixed for $200 and back on the road. This truck was used for commercial travel trailer towing the first 210,000 miles. Only work that was done, was normal maintenance at Dodge recommended intervals. I did change the oil and filter religiously at 10,000 miles since most driving was on Interstates. The interior is still beautiful and I've had others remark that the truck looks great on the outside and like new on the inside. They've also remarked about how comfortable it is when riding on country roads. Better than most big luxury cars. The stereo system is better than my home system which cost a lot more. The sound is awesome! When you travel as much as I have a good sounding stereo makes the trips enjoyable. Thanks Sirius for (almost) non stop music all across America and Canada. I just put on my 4th set of tires about 4000 miles ago. I decided to have the front end aligned to ensure proper wear in case it was off just a little. The service guy came into the waiting room and asked me if the odometer had been replaced. I told him no, that it had the correct miles on it. He said he couldn't believe it because the truck looked so good and the brakes had almost no wear. I was pleased to hear that. I love this truck and being retired, it will probably be my last. I am sure that when my wife retires we will pull our trailer many miles and I have no doubt that this truck will get another 240,000 miles without major problems. The diesel engine uses no oil and still runs like a top. If you've never had a Dodge, check them out. You'll like them.

Uses car for Towing

2011 3500 Cummins DODGE 4X4 long bed.

by Rui from Saint Helena, California on Mon Dec 26 2011

Awesome truck. Still breaking in the Cummins at 3,500 miles since purchase. Huge cabin with all the gadgets on the Longhorn Edition. Phenomenal engine, huge power, and smooth on the freeway.

1 2 3 4