1996 Dodge Ram Van Consumer Reviews

4.3
Average based on 3 reviews

Will never die

by from Indiana on November 1, 2010

We actually had a 1996 3.9 V6 8 passenger but it only goes back as far as 1997. Unbelievable vehicle. I use it as my base for buying a new car. My dad paid about $17,000 for the van and we put 313,000 miles on it before the transmission went out and never really had to work on the engine. Only things that we ever had to work on: fuel pump - twice heater core rear end - (but it was rear ended by a small car that hit the pumpkin) alternator - twice Things we dealt with no ac hole in vent hose somewhere which caused the heater to not blow very hard This van lived through a family of 7 then after a seperation that family grew to 10ish for a few years (5 kids 11 and younger) It was also used for concrete jobs when our work trucks had problems and in this it towed a 1997 743 Bobcat skid loader and well as other random things. It survived being rear ended twice, side swiped, and backed into a telephone pole with no repairs. Hands down the most durable vehicle inside and out.

Great American Van

by from Camden County Nj on July 23, 2010

I currently have 201,212 miles on my van... Did all normal matinence and upkeep..Van has never left me stranded. I have replaced the rear about 50,000 miles ago due to normal wear and tear...All in all im very happy with the van.

good vechial

by from kenniwick wa on June 21, 2007

the reson i'd NOT recomend it is because of poor epa plus with gas prices these days and a 27 galon tank forget it