1993 Shadow

1993 Dodge Shadow

1993 Dodge Shadow

4.2

Have You Driven the 1993 Dodge Shadow?

My red 1993 Dodge Shadow, the Best Car I Ever Had

by David Michael Klemmer from I live in Muskegon, Michigan on Wed Oct 02 2013

I have had my Dodge Shadow for over 20 years and it still looks like new. I purchased it brand new in Detroit for $7,000.00 out the door using the Chrysler Family Discount Purchase as my father was working for Chrysler in Highland Park, Michigan at that time. I have taken very good care of it by rust proofing the body panels, keeping the body washed and waxed and I have kept up with all of the required maintenance. It has a very reliable and economical five-speed transmission that gets up to 33 miles per gallon on the highway. The car has about 101,500 miles on it. When I take it to Detroit where it was manufactured, I get a lot of complimentary looks and compliments from those admiring its 'like new' appearance. I am very proud of this car and have no plans to sell it . It is also very comfortable to ride in, too. Because of this car's age and good looks, I avoid driving it during the winter when the roads are salty so as to keep it looking good longer by using a secondary car that I own.

Peppy Runabout

by Class of '79 from Jacksonville, NC on Fri Aug 04 2006

I've had my Shadow for a long time... I bought it as a leftover in 1994. It's a nice fuel efficient runabout and very dependable.

Best First Car Ever

by Princess from Vermont on Fri Jan 12 2007

My dad bought this car brand new in 1993, and it was worth every penny of the 11,000 dollars he spent on it. The car was given to me as a high school graduation gift, and since then it has reach 300,000 miles over the past 14 years. Although the engine no longer gets great gas mileage, its the original one and has never had a problems other than a leaking oil gasket. The transmission ran great up until 275,000 miles until it finally died, and the original blower motor for the fan just went yesterday. The car is SOLID, as has survived accidents that would have easily totaled other beyond repair, as was the case in one that I was involved with a few years ago. This car is GREAT in the snow, and is definitely very reliable if well taken care of over the years. I really love this car, as it has always been there for me, even when it had a mechanical problem that may have causes others to fail.

love this car

by whiteshadow from new jersey on Thu Aug 10 2006

I just bought a used 93 shadow ES and I love it. The car is mint and looks great. So far it drives nice. Everything about the car is nice. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Our Take on the 1993 Dodge Shadow

The subcompact Dodge Shadow is Chrysler Corp.'s practical, high-mileage rival to the Ford Escort and Chevy Cavalier-but not for long.

The Shadow will be replaced by the new Dodge Neon (the same car will be sold under the Plymouth Neon name as well) in January. The Neon promises to bea practical, high-mileage competitor with the Escort and Cavalier, with one exception to those cars-it will emphasize the "fun" in function.

If you're looking for great looks or superior ride and handling, you won't find them in the Shadow, despite the standard gas-charged struts, rear anti-sway bar and sport-tuned suspension.

This is a small car that gets you where you are going without frequent stops for... Read More