2006 Sprinter

2006 Dodge Sprinter

$385 - $26,233  MSRP Range
2006 Dodge Sprinter

3.7

Have you driven the 2006 Dodge Sprinter?

Excellent but for a few issues...

by Sprinter Lover from Terre Haute, IN on Fri Jun 03 2011

We purchased two Sprinters as delivery vehicles. The drivetrains and praticality of these trucks are amazing. Excellent Power, Payload, and Handling. The weakest point on these trucks for us has been the doors. Latches Fail, A-Pillars Bend, and Rear Door Hinges could be better. Bought the first one (an 05') June of 08'. Bought the second (an 04') in October of 09'. Will be purchasing a third in 2011. You could nitpick at little things but overall the package as a whole works.

Good solid van.

by Ashley Ihaveacoollastname from Everett, WA on Sun May 28 2006

I've had my Dodge Sprinter for my catering business for just over a year now. There are a couple things I would change--like I wouldn't make it so top-heavy and I would try to make the engine a little quieter. Aside from that, it's a great van. It has tons of space, the build quality is really good (surprising, considering it was designed by Mercedes-Benz, a company notorious for reliability problems), and it actually gets pretty good mileage for such a big vehicle(between 23-28 mpg diesel). Despite all of this, my favorite part of this van is the way it drives. It's got a boatload of low-end torque, meaning that when you step on the gas pedal--it GOES. It tends to get a little noisy on the freeway, considering the engine, wind, and rattling typical of any full-size van--but after driving many vans, I'd have to say that though this is the most expensive, it is the best.

Most reliable car I've ever owned

by Sprinter Nut from Orange County on Tue Mar 23 2010

I have owned four sprinters and I will buy another one in the future. They feel like a sadan. The handling is surprisingly tight and acceleration for a diesel that gets over 20 miles to the gallon is supurb.

Excellent Cargo Van

by Truck Driver from Miami, FL on Tue Apr 01 2008

Works like a truck, drives like a car, engine has a lot of torque and is quick of the line. It actually handles and rides better when loaded.

best for me

by fatalbert10 from Wilmington,NC on Wed Dec 05 2012

If I told mercedes-benz to build me a van....this would be it !!!! it's not for everybody , but where else can you buy a 10 ,(yes,10) passenger vehicle that gets 25 to 30 M.P.G. unreal. I LOVE it. just be careful about parts. my dodge dealer wanted $1,000.00 for a alternator ! got it on line for $140.00 with free shipping ! I will buy another !!! I've owned it for about 2 months and taken 3 trips in it. It doesn't disapoint.

2003 Sprinter 3500

by user from Dayton,Oh/USA on Thu Sep 27 2012

One of the most reliable vehicles I've ever known, but at a much higher cost than anything I've ever owned as it is a used commercial vehicle originally with very low miles that transferred to higher parts/labor costs for German product that wore out later; as this vehicle has had different dealers who all want to make a buck on it's fame with little part/service support from anyone I've dealt w/over the past 5 years including FREIGHTLINER, DODGE/MERCEDES-BENZ or whomever ; they all blame the overseas mfg.; then why in Hades do you sell this product that your support service despises & tells me so???

a workhouse

by vanman from new orleans,la on Sat May 26 2012

geting 20mpg in the city.vary well layed out interior.plenty of room inside for cargo and work space.basic maintaince is vary simple for the do-it yourselfer.the sprinter cut my gas bill of $7000 a year in half.it does cost more than a basic american made van. not much difference in price from a heavyduty though. finding a mechanic can be a problem thats wants to work on them. i found a few mechanics that dont have a problem working on them. if fuel costs are a big part of your bottom line this is the van for you. i will buy another.

Excellent Vehicle

by Benny from Victoria,B.C. on Fri Mar 09 2007

I would highly recommend this vehicle. I have taken it from coast to coast without va problem. I use it as a second vehicle and will drive it any day over our Camry. So far (45,000 km) not a problem. Love it

I Love My Truck

by rclay469 from Dallas, TX on Sat Jun 14 2008

I am a courier in Dallas TX. Other drivers asks me how much I spent for my van. When I tell them, everyone of them say "Thats too much"! But what they fail to realize is that when they are spending $140.00 for their chevy's and ford's every two days in fuel. I spend am spending about $100.00 for every three days. Also, with the cargo space I can carry more than anyone else. It has amazingly good low end power. I have to move about 50 pcs of paper @ 50LBS. Helga (my Sprinter) pulls it with no problem. Needless to say I will never own another van until she dies with me. (Note: I will not buy a new one due to they have the Dodge Cummings. I will ONLY drive a 2006.)

Great fuel mileage if you can keep it running.

by Tony from Kansas City, MO on Wed Dec 16 2009

Our company has a fleet of these. They get great fuel mileage and drive well with large loads. Unfortunatly they are hard to find someone to repair them when they breakdown and they need repair very often usually at considerable cost.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2