2009 Sprinter

2009 Dodge Sprinter

4.5

4 out of 5 stars Performance
5 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2009 Dodge Sprinter?

Great work truck

by Buckshot from Napa, CA on Fri Jan 29 2010

I bought the Sprinter to replace a pick up truck with a shell. I was tired of crawling in and out of the shell. I bought the 2500 with the high roof and I can walk around in the back without even feeling like I need to stoop over (I'm 6 feet tall). I am getting between 21 and 22 MPG. It has surprising acceleration and lots of torque. Very comfortable and quiet. A nice bonus is that my customers react very positively to the Sprinter, I think it gives me more credibiltiy as a serious craftsperson. I enjoy working out of the Sprinter and I'm glad that I bought it.

Dodge Chassis with RV on frame

by Wheezing Geezer from Puget Sound, Wa. on Mon Nov 09 2015

Bought as finished (used) Pleasure Way unit. Happy enough so far. Drove from Grant's Pass, Ore. to Puget Sound, Wa. with no issues. Once home we found a dry cell in the cabin battery, which would not be unusual in a used RV. That has been replaced. We have not used the unit further due to family duties, etc. We plan to put many more happy miles on this unit. Diesel engine should take us to 300K or more with proper care & feeding So far, so good!

Our Take on the 2009 Dodge Sprinter

Growing up in a family of eight kids, I learned how to drive in a 10-seat Ford Econoline van. Turns out, that was a great foundation for driving the 2009 Dodge Sprinter, a 12-seat van in which I took my family (and my sister-in-law and her two boys) from Chicago to Rochester, N.Y. All in all, I really enjoyed driving the Sprinter. It was comfortable and roomy, but it needs some entertainment updates to make it truly competitive.

The Sprinter was last redesigned for the 2007 model year; it's available in a number of lengths and roof heights, with cargo (2500 and 3500) and passenger-carrying (2500 wagon) configurations, as well as a stripped-down chassis version. I tested an extended-length Sprinter 2500... Read More