2002 Dodge Stratus

Love it! great cost for what you get!

by from Iowa on August 31, 2011

I've had this car for 2 months now and i love it! although it doesn't have the power i would like to have in my car, its comfort, style and value have made me love this car!

most reliable car ive ever owned

by from west mifflinm on March 3, 2013

love my car 11yrs never stranded.Good on gas. comforable. great looking car, low milage. has been so dependable through the rain and snow. still dependable after 11ys.Able to transport my grand children to school. my other grandchildren like driving it also.

Car

by from on April 4, 2014

When going fast car shakes. Tire popped in a week. The panel is broke on the car. The gas goes by quick.

Great Bang for the Buck!

by from Irvine, CA on November 14, 2010

We bought our 01 Stratus RT Coupe used from the dealer with about 18K miles on it. We have had no mechanical issues whatsoever and currently have 78K miles on it. I love the power and sound of the Mitsubhishi built V6 engine. My wife and I love the style of this vehicle and we get compliments from everyone. We were concerned about buying a 2dr due to limited seating and trunk space, but this car surprised both of us as it has plenty of rear seat room and a huge deep trunk. We actullay fit a 42" Plasma TV in the box in the trunk and we were able to close the trunk lid. Great car for the money!!!!!!

best starter car ever

by from chicago, IL on July 18, 2009

bought this car for my son as his first car have had no mechanical problems other that normal wear. he drove this car about drove this car about 500 miles a weak for three years. he felt it handled well in all weather conditions. nice sporty car for the money.

by from on November 28, 2008

This is the follow up review of the car purchased in 2006 with 90,000 miles on it. As of now, the car has 135,000 miles. It's still running strong. Except for a motor mount recently replaced, I've never had to do any work on the car rather than regular maintenance (e.g., tune up, timing belt). Every feature still works fine. This is a great car for low-budget buyer who intends to keep a car for long.

nothing but trouble

by from Natick, MA on February 7, 2010

My mother purchased our 2002 Dodge Stratus new. It currently has under 60,000 miles on it and we have had nothing but problems with it. The transmition has had to be compleaty rebuilt. Car needs alignments on regular basis. Cam shaft had to be fixed and 2 ball joints. Interior lights/ dash lights constantly shudder/blink. Very confortable and spacious. Great pick up. Good options. BAD GAS MILAGE!

The car lasted me 3 days.

by from Las Vegas, NV on February 28, 2008

Well I would love to save money but I would at least want a car that lasts me longer than 3 days. I had it for 3 days then one day it started to jerk... I couldn't go over 20 mph without it stalling.. I took it into a mechanic and they told me they couldn't even finish a diagnostic. They did say it obviously had to be a serious transmission problem. I had no warranty but I told the dealer they HAD to take it in. So they did and then said, "Oh it's got too many problems." We cancelled the paperwork and got rid of the car. It only had 60,000 miles on it too!!! The brakes were horrible too. Basically this is a really bad car since the previous owner took really good care of the car and it STILL died prematurely. Please. Do not get this car. Dodge Stratus and Dodge Intrepied aren't reliable. Please do your research and pay the extra for an import.

money pit

by from Vernon, CT on June 17, 2009

I bought this car in 2006 as my first car. I drove it for about two weeks before the computer chip connected to the transmission gave out. That cost about $2000 to repair. That was the most costly problem, but it certainly wasn't the only one. since then, the washer fluid sprayer has fallen off, the anti-freeze container is cracked (causing my engine to literally freeze three times while I was driving), the bumper fell off for absolutely no reason, and the tire fell off not once, but twice. I am a safe driver, and there is no reason all of these things should have happened. Obviously Dodge nor the dealer took any responsibility for these problems, so I paid full price to repair everything. Overall, this is a cheaply made car that ends up costing way more than its worth. Otherwise, its decent on gas and its really attractive looking.

Read this

by from on February 27, 2010

This Car has motor problem,smoking volve cover gaskit... smell like oil smoke really bad if you stay on the gas while driving..."Run it" and u will c wht im tlkin about!!

Similar Models