2004 Dodge Stratus

Very happy with purchase

by from Little Chute, WI on September 29, 2010

Just got done putting over 500 miles on this car in two days. Gas mileage came in at 29 mpg driving highway speeds. I have got the SXT model with a 2.4l SOHC engine, automatic trans. This engine has got real good power for a 4 cylinder. Front seat interior comfort is good, controls laid out within easy reach. Alot of equipment which would be options on other cars in this range are standard.The only draw back is the back seat room. If you have kids it would be fine, adults a little tight. For child seats LATCH safety anchors are well placed. Trunk is roomy for a coupe. So far I am very satified with the purchase.

Dodge Stratus R/T

by from Denver, Colo. on March 1, 2011

This is a very nice car. I bought it in Dec.,and so far it has been very good. The former owner took good care of it. It looks as good as it runs.

Car for the 1st time driver

by from St. Cloud, MN on August 23, 2011

My daughter loves this car. It is sporty and is very easy for her to drive. Car has over 100,000 miles on it. Great first car for her. Mileage is in the mid 20's for this car just driiving around.

Great car, kept me safe

by from Mountains, NC on December 17, 2009

We had the 2.4 sxt model sedan for 5 years. It has given us no major mechanic problems, just new breaks and tires and a weld to a crack in the exhaust manifold til 83,000 miles. Ride comfort was good (I'm 6'5" so it cant be great for me unless it's a BIG car...)and the handling and performance were great, especially on tight twisty mountain roads in NC. Fuel efficiency was OK...getting low to mid 20s around town and the highway in the mountains. I've read some people had paint fade issues...no such thing with us, it looked great still. Anyway, yesterday I had a head-on collision with a Saturn of similar size, our combined speeds were about 40 mph at collision. I walked out with some muscle aches in my back and neck (that's just in all crashes) and some carpet burn to my forehead where my head met the roof liner. Apart from that I am fine- the safety systems of the car (I was using the seatbelt and the airbag deployed) obviously worked very well to keep me safe. Overall I am VERY sad that this car appears to be totalled...I doubt with the extensive body damage it will be repaired. I really do recommend this car for someone who wants good performance and adequate gas mileage in what is now a very affordable second hand vehicle (Not speaking about mine in particular!)

excellent driver

by from texas on February 23, 2008

not sohot with four banger engine but sn excellent driver and good mileage on regular gas-I would buy another if this one ever wears out

AMAZING CAR!

by from NY on February 20, 2012

Great car over all.. Its underrated and over looked some times.. But trust me when i tell you that you will NOT be disponted!!

i own use everyday

by from covington,tn on April 9, 2012

I use this car eveyday the driver window.work the passage does not the lights workbthe radio works the cd player does not it has two doors good air car charger works

Great car, totally got my money's worth

by from Texas on April 10, 2015

I bought my 04 Stratus SXT new and drove it daily for over 10 yrs. I put this car through the paces and it rarely disappointed. I had the 6 cyl engine, got decent mileage. I only ever had two "big" problems with this car (over 10 years!!). One was a cracked piece for the radiator and then I had a blown fuse (after 8+ years). It happened a few more times, particularly in cold weather. Just kept some in the car to change out. It did develop an oil leak, but not bad enough to justify the cost to repair, so just added oil more often. This car was hit a couple of times, but with a few repairs to the body continued to perform like a champ. The interior had started detoriating and the headlights were in need of replacing just due to being outside for 10 years. Normal wear & tear after nearly 200K miles. If you can find one in decent shape, would be a great car for first time driver. Not full of technology, just a solid car. I'm sure by now most of them have seen better days, but I don't think I ever regretted owning this car. Was a little sad to see her go.

VERY DEPENDABLE AND ECONOMICAL

by from AMITE CITY, LOUISIANA on June 26, 2013

I'M VERY "HAPPYGLAD" WITH MY RECENT PURCHASE OF MY 2004 DODGE STRATUS. AS I SORT TO PURCHASE A RELACEMENT VEHICLE I APPROACHED THE DISCISION WITH AN OPEN MIND AS TO THE TYPE OF VEHICLE; THUS DODGE WAS MY CONCLUSION.

bought mine for 8,400.0

by from Naches,WA on March 17, 2013

Very good car. I babied this. beautiful car. inside and out. I turn heads in this car. I got married while owning this car. very reliable ! no questions asked. Turns on a dime. accelerates quickly for such a big body. huge trunk. 2004 is the year Mercedes Benz took over the dodge company so I know its a great car. that's y I bought mine! its safe and sound and garaged . one owner. me. if u r interested let me know.

Our Expert Review: 2004 Dodge Stratus