2015 500

4.5 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

wonderful car

by LovemyFiat from Scarsdale on July 21, 2014

I bought my Fiat 500 Pop late June and I have been enjoying every single ride. I would recommend this car for performance, style, design, comfort, sturdiness and fun. It is also very good in gas, which is a plus. Just love it.

Great car for the money and fun to drive!

by Bart SRQ from Sarasota, fl on July 14, 2016

We took a trip to Europe this summer and these little cars where everywhere! When we got home we went to look at one, test drove it and had to have it. Great, fun car to drive. It handles like a gocart but rides like a much bigger car. Solid!

This car has it all!

by Fiat500Sport from Toms River, N.J. on April 19, 2017

Very happy with my new Fiat 500 Sport. I could not believe all the features they packed into such a small car. My Mercedes didn't have all this! The gas millage is fantastic. And when you put the car into sport mode, everything changes. WOW is it fast. It has plenty of room for two adults up front, but the rear seating is a little tight. Rear trunk space has plenty of storage to do all my food shopping. It's a great car to zip around town with or commute back and forth to work. I'm definitely impressed and plan to keep this little car for a long time. It's also just plain fun to drive!

Puts the "Hot" back in Hot Hatchback

by Eric B. from Concord, NC on April 8, 2017

My car is an Abarth, meaning it's the performance trim. It's got a 1.4 liter turbocharged 4 cylinder that puts out around 160 hp and 180 lb. ft. of torque if I remember correctly. Mine is equipped with the 6 speed automatic and is so much fun to drive. The car averages 30.3 - 30.7 mpg for me (and I have a heavy right foot) and makes all the right noises. It can be fast and nimble when you want it to be, but also an economical gas saver when you need to pinch pennies. These cars are often criticized for their impractical nature (this applies to only the Abarth) and their poor reliability. I'm sure some have their issues, but most of the newer cars are getting better. No car is perfect, but so far mine hasn't had any problems outside of normal maintenance that comes with a performance car. That means that the oil, transmission fluid, alignment, and coolant have all been changed. However, no major problems have occurred. I'm a 6 foot tall man, I'm single and I have no children. This car is perfect for me as a daily. It's fun, nimble, and can take a turn like it's on rails. All the while it makes $1.00 become viable compensation for gas money. Many will tell you it's impractical, but for someone who is single, or even a couple who doesn't have a child, it's perfect. The rear leg room is something of a joke, however when you adjust the seat forward some, there is enough room to get a full grown man in the back (hard to believe, but trust me). The driver seat is the only real "problem" in the interior. Everyone notes that the 500 line doesn't feature a telescoping wheels, nor adjustable pedals. Even in the top trim (Abarth) the car doesn't have either of those features. Long trips can be a bit of a struggle, you'll find yourself stopping to stretch your legs and soothe the pain in your buttocks due to the aggressive seat bolstering. The car is also very stiff due to the performance oriented suspension, but I digress. If you have a passion for cars, don't need to fit more than two people in a car (sometimes three and even four for short travels) and you don't want a Prius or Honda to save gas, look no further. There is enough storage space in the boot for a medium size cooler and a backpack, or you can fold down the seats and fit several suitcases and a large cooler in it. The front seats recline and adjust forward and back, and the front legroom for the passenger is a surprisingly large amount. One can recline back and sleep without touching the rear seat. The driver's seat also adjusts up and down vertically through a manual "pump" lever located on the bottom left side. It has 4 cupholders, a USB charging/audio port, a USB charging only port, an AUX port, dual armrests, and a decently sized glove box.

Love my fiet!

by Penelope from Barstow, ca on April 9, 2015

Love my car. Drives great and nice and roomie. If your looking for a small car this is the one. Great features!

So nice that a car like this is still being made

by Luc & Lucie from Montreal, Canada on June 27, 2016

We really find this car a beautiful toy. We took the Automatic and it is superd. It downshifts like heel & toe and backfires ! True to the spirit of the original Abarth.

Fun, reliable and economical with Italian Style!

by Superveloce from Los Angeles, CA on May 4, 2017

We added a 500 Sport to our small fleet which already had a much loved 500 Abarth. Our Sport is loaded, w a glass roof, heated leather seats, auto climate, Beats stereo, etc, etc, rivaling the equipment of luxury cars from 15 years ago. It doesn't ride as smoothly as the Accord it replaced due to its sport-tuned suspension and short wheelbase, but it' s 10 times more fun and make every trip feel special, which is a feat for an inexpensive car. High speed stability and handling are impressive and its tiny tuning circle makes it a giggle to maneuver in the city and park. Being Italian, it oozes character, which is a welcome antidote to the sea of dull look-alike cars clogging the roads. Not a rocket ship (The Abarth the one to get if you want performance) but it's quick enough for a small city car it loves to rev . We love its rorty engine note too. It's a very small car obviously, but is pretty spacious, especially given its exterior dimensions, and the rear seats can accommodate two 5'-10" adults easily in relative comfort, much to our friends' surprise. 5 Star safety rating too! We looked at Minis but found them way overpriced new, and in the latest generation, ugly and bloated, and not so Mini anymore. Also, the Fiat is much more reliable.

Best car I have owned

by Spade38 from Maryland on July 4, 2017

I have the Abarth version. This car has been great. I can fit every thing in the car I need to, I have a child with a graco 4 in one and it fits perfect. I can put the stroller in, go grocery shopping. I can easily pop out seats if needed to fit giant stuff like rocking chair. As far as performance I have not driven the car with out a smile on my face. Car stock is a joy, I have made some upgrades and its even better.

Most fun car I?ve owned

by GMAllday from Tucson AZ on November 13, 2017

This car makes me happy. From its design and size to its peppy engine noise, it is a really fun car. It made me realize that I do not need anything bigger than that to commute, plus I am always looking forward to drive it.

I have owned 2 ABARTH's

by Kevin Abarth on April 12, 2018

I have had 2 Abarths -I owned a 2013 5spd Abarth ( White w/red stripes mirrors) and my current 2015 6spd automatic Abarth (red/black stripes /mirrors). I tend to like the 2015 automatic better as the 6spd auto is rated at 157hp/183 torque ( up from 160hp /170torque on the 5spd). I average plus/minus 30mpg and in sport mode she is very quick. The exhaust sound is a hoot . This 2015 Abarth has been one of the most reliable cars I have owned ( 23 owned since HS) .Period. It is also very practical but I really bought it as a lower priced alternative to the 2 prior MINI Coopers that I owned ( 2002 and 2011) . I would highly recommend choosing a new or used Abarth as a purchase. BTW- Both services centers I used for servicing were top notch as well .

1 2 3 4 5