2017 500e

4.6 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

Better than you expect!

by Gavin from Los Angeles, CA on November 12, 2017

Honestly, the test drive sold me on this car. I looked at cars that were $10k more than this, yet in comparison this car performed just as well or even better. Smooth acceleration, quiet ride, easy maneuvering, and a quality, polished interior. The infotainment system is also easy to use and has the up to date necessities like Bluetooth streaming, voice command, and satellite radio. The only downsides I've experienced is that it's got a small, not-so-versatile interior and the range is on average 100mi, so it's only ideal for short commutes. Overall a great performing car with a lot of personality!

Fiat 500e-The e is for exciting

by Phiat from Simi Valley, CA on October 9, 2017

I absolutely love my 2017 Fiat 500e. It has plenty of off the line power and great distance on a single charge. I have no range anxiety as long as I know my route. The Interior is roomy for 2 (not a great vehicle for 4). It has wonderful features such as Bluetooth and Navigation. I would highly recommend it!

Fiat 500e - Pleasantly surprised

by Britalian from Los Angeles on July 15, 2017

I leased a Fiat 500e really not knowing if this would be a great commute car but I've been pleasantly surprised. My daily commute is about 35 to 40 miles which means that I can take the full trip from home to the office in one single charge (range is about 87 miles). It also helps that the office has charging stations and a charge from 10% to 100% will take about 3 to 4 hours. So, now having clocked up over 5000 miles in 4 months I really enjoy the drive of the vehicle. The torque is also impressive especially from 30 to 50. Freeway driving does limit the range but the moment i'm off the freeway the (braking regenerating) will increase the range. Having the obtained the car pool lane stickers has also reduced my commute by 10-15 minutes. What you will find thats annoying is the general availability to charge the vehicle at different locations. These can be taken up (example at malls) which can be frustrating, so I would strongly recommend to use apps such at ChargePoint to plan ahead. This is not down to the vehicle, but it is the general issue with owning an electric vehicle. We also use the vehicle to do our grocery shopping at the weekend and although the space at the back is limited we have been able to place all our shopping in the back. At occasions, the ease of placing the back seat down has helped. I also like the App which allows me to start the air con 10-15 before I get back to the car but in general the App does need some updates to improve the functionality. Pros: 1. It is solidly built, quiet, and smooth. 2. Good technology, such as media player (USB option), Sirius FM, Navigation 3. Incentives, tax and rebates Cons: 1. App could be improved 2. Limited space in the back for 2 adults. 3. Small vehicle (this is felt in particular on freeways).

Thumb your nose at the gas station and have fun

by Paul from Tiverton,RI on July 16, 2017

The Fiat 500 e is so much fun it should illegal for anyone under 21. Really !! It has great comfort and performance with a Euro flare. And you can feel good about it having zero emissions. Seating space is appropriate and rear hatch storage is more than enough for shopping , errands or a couple of overnight bags when heading to the airport.

Battery has short life

by Ed from LOS ANGELES on July 14, 2018

I live in the hills of Los Angeles. I can only go about 50 Miles to leave and get home. So if you have a daily commute that's short you will love the car. Battery is the problem!