2014 C-Max Energi

4.8 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great Car!

by Brisham from Portland, OR on December 3, 2014

I've owned the C-Max Energi for a few weeks and have put over 1000 miles on it. Overall, the car is comfortable, sporty, and very economical. I've been getting over 60 MPG combined, which includes a trip to the mountains for skiing. What's helpful is I've got level-2 charging (240v) at home and at work. SYNC is great, allowing me to make hands-free phone calls and control the navigator, entertainment, and other functions with a press of a lever on the steering wheel and voice commands. A note: sometimes, the system misunderstands, which an get a little time-consuming. The car holds 5 well, and it's got great acceleration, except when the car switches from electric to gas. Then it can be slightly underpowered. Overall, I'd say this is one of the best cars I've owned, and well worth the money. It seems reliable, but we'll have to see what comes down the road.

2014 Ford C-Max Energi bought used

by Eco-conscious from Santa Fe, NM on May 17, 2016

After driving a 61-mpg Honda Insight for 13 years, I'd wondered why it was so hard to find a car that gets comparable fuel mileage, given a belief in progress. This car gets 56 mpg [not sure how the plug-in electric factors in], and now I can see why the mpg is slow to rise: this new car has lots more features, with comparable fuel consumption. I love it: handles great, with comfortable suspension and superior cornering [low center of gravity due to battery?]. Excellent visibility and power; a joy! [minor gripes: chrome trim, automatic windows that are hard to adjust to a desired height, short all-electric range [20 mi], wide turning circle]

A very efficient and well built American car

by Proud American Car Owner from Baltimore, MD on June 22, 2014

The C-Max Energi is a great car for a commuter. It gives us a full charge in under 2-hours with our 240v charging station in the garage. The Atkinson engine is quiet and substantial and gives you no sign what-so-ever that you sacrificing power for efficiency. The car is not a lightweight, so concerns about safety and feeling like you are blowing all over the road(like in other hybrids) are non-existent. Even an individual who drives normally will see benefits in mileage in the C-Max Energi, but for people who care, you can really do amazing things to maximize efficiency. The car itself and the "My Ford Mobile" sites give you great feedback in your driving and let's you compare to other drivers. The cost issue is another benefit. We were surprised to get a nice check from the state and tax break from the federal government as incentives. I'm not sure of the current situation. Unlike other expensive vehicles, this car gets cheaper to operate. Our electricity bill has barely changed and our "time of use" electrical plan means that nighttime charges are pennies. The engine runs very little , if at all, in local commuting , so engine maintenance requirements are reduced. Leather seats standard, more than capable of traveling any distance and makes you feel great!

So much fun, and efficient

by Luv my Car from El Paso, TX on January 6, 2015

I owned a hybrid car, but after totaling it in a three car accident, I was forced to go shopping. Knowing I would always want a hybrid. A ford is always considered reliable, and checking out the hybrid I was hooked. But wait.....I did spot the C-Max Energi and knew that was the car for me. Head room is nice. Ride is in comfort, and the heated seats are nice this time of year. We are waiting for the 2015 to come out. Something I would change on this vehicle is battery size and also mileage per charge.

2013 Ford CMAX Energi

by Love my CMAX from Vancouver, WA on August 7, 2014

I love my car! The electric/gas mileage has outperformed my expectations. The interior is so spacious compared to other vehicles this size and there is actually headroom! Our 6'3" son can sit in the front or back seat comfortably without having to bend his neck.

Cmax

by Bah from Mansfield, Texas on May 6, 2014

Unbelievable gas mileage and great features. Love this car. I have found the acceleration to be more than expected from a hybrid plug in.

I'd buy it

by Michael w. from ARROYO GRANDE on July 17, 2017

Test drove the C-Max energi SEL. I really liked driving the car. Being able to drive with all electric and no mph restrictions before the motor kicked in was nice. It generated energy quickly. It also has some nice equipment like leather, homelink, backup camera, parking sensors, etc... Downside, it doesn't hold its value well. Not sure why, Ford has come a long way?

High mileage when radius of travel is <15 miles

by RAB from Apex, NC on October 10, 2017

I have no regrets. There were a few electrical problems in the first few months. They were corrected and after 3 years my average MPG is 80. I have a small daily radius of travel.

2014 CMAX Energi - Plug-in

by Steve's easy on gas go-mobile from Mishawaka on March 16, 2017

Great car- easy to get 70mpg. Plenty of room for golf clubs with fold down 60/40 back seats. Powerful drive train. Really goes!

93 L five-speed Lexus croupe

by Pixel Pete from Santa Barbara California on July 23, 2014

I find the instrument panel to be difficult and confusing. The ride is a little rough and not as quiet as I had expected. Hate to tell you this but but I am comparing it with my 2011 Chevrolet volt.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2