2014 C-Max Energi

2014 Ford C-Max Energi

2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Have You Driven the 2014 Ford C-Max Energi?

Great Car!

by Brisham from Portland, OR on Wed Dec 03 2014

I've owned the C-Max Energi for a few weeks and have put over 1000 miles on it. Overall, the car is comfortable, sporty, and very economical. I've been getting over 60 MPG combined, which includes a trip to the mountains for skiing. What's helpful is I've got level-2 charging (240v) at home and at work. SYNC is great, allowing me to make hands-free phone calls and control the navigator, entertainment, and other functions with a press of a lever on the steering wheel and voice commands. A note: sometimes, the system misunderstands, which an get a little time-consuming. The car holds 5 well, and it's got great acceleration, except when the car switches from electric to gas. Then it can be slightly underpowered. Overall, I'd say this is one of the best cars I've owned, and well worth the money. It seems reliable, but we'll have to see what comes down the road.

2014 Ford C-Max Energi bought used

by Eco-conscious from Santa Fe, NM on Tue May 17 2016

After driving a 61-mpg Honda Insight for 13 years, I'd wondered why it was so hard to find a car that gets comparable fuel mileage, given a belief in progress. This car gets 56 mpg [not sure how the plug-in electric factors in], and now I can see why the mpg is slow to rise: this new car has lots more features, with comparable fuel consumption. I love it: handles great, with comfortable suspension and superior cornering [low center of gravity due to battery?]. Excellent visibility and power; a joy! [minor gripes: chrome trim, automatic windows that are hard to adjust to a desired height, short all-electric range [20 mi], wide turning circle]

A very efficient and well built American car

by Proud American Car Owner from Baltimore, MD on Sun Jun 22 2014

The C-Max Energi is a great car for a commuter. It gives us a full charge in under 2-hours with our 240v charging station in the garage. The Atkinson engine is quiet and substantial and gives you no sign what-so-ever that you sacrificing power for efficiency. The car is not a lightweight, so concerns about safety and feeling like you are blowing all over the road(like in other hybrids) are non-existent. Even an individual who drives normally will see benefits in mileage in the C-Max Energi, but for people who care, you can really do amazing things to maximize efficiency. The car itself and the "My Ford Mobile" sites give you great feedback in your driving and let's you compare to other drivers. The cost issue is another benefit. We were surprised to get a nice check from the state and tax break from the federal government as incentives. I'm not sure of the current situation. Unlike other expensive vehicles, this car gets cheaper to operate. Our electricity bill has barely changed and our "time of use" electrical plan means that nighttime charges are pennies. The engine runs very little , if at all, in local commuting , so engine maintenance requirements are reduced. Leather seats standard, more than capable of traveling any distance and makes you feel great!

So much fun, and efficient

by Luv my Car from El Paso, TX on Tue Jan 06 2015

I owned a hybrid car, but after totaling it in a three car accident, I was forced to go shopping. Knowing I would always want a hybrid. A ford is always considered reliable, and checking out the hybrid I was hooked. But wait.....I did spot the C-Max Energi and knew that was the car for me. Head room is nice. Ride is in comfort, and the heated seats are nice this time of year. We are waiting for the 2015 to come out. Something I would change on this vehicle is battery size and also mileage per charge.

2013 Ford CMAX Energi

by Love my CMAX from Vancouver, WA on Thu Aug 07 2014

I love my car! The electric/gas mileage has outperformed my expectations. The interior is so spacious compared to other vehicles this size and there is actually headroom! Our 6'3" son can sit in the front or back seat comfortably without having to bend his neck.

Cmax

by Bah from Mansfield, Texas on Tue May 06 2014

Unbelievable gas mileage and great features. Love this car. I have found the acceleration to be more than expected from a hybrid plug in.

High mileage when radius of travel is <15 miles

by RAB from Apex, NC on Tue Oct 10 2017

I have no regrets. There were a few electrical problems in the first few months. They were corrected and after 3 years my average MPG is 80. I have a small daily radius of travel.

2014 CMAX Energi - Plug-in

by Steve's easy on gas go-mobile from Mishawaka on Thu Mar 16 2017

Great car- easy to get 70mpg. Plenty of room for golf clubs with fold down 60/40 back seats. Powerful drive train. Really goes!

Love my Ford XC Max

by ShannonC from Taylor MI on Fri Jul 21 2017

Vehicle is fun to drive, Roomy and loaded with technology. I only wish it had a longer Electric Vehicle range. EV mode is great for small trips around town.

I really enjoy this car

by ShannonC from Taylor MI on Fri Jul 21 2017

Purchased my Ford C max Energi used. Very roomy for its size and fun to drive. The EV mode is great for driving around town and short trips, I just wish it had a longer range in EV mode. Gets great gas millage when in Hybrid mode. It can do long highway driving with no issues and still gets decent gas millage much like a Ford focus or smaller car, it just wont sip gas the way it does in city driving. In my opinion the new price on these is a bit high but they're is a good amount of excellent condition Ford certified used models on the market. This is my first C max and I would purchase another one again. I primarily purchased the vehicle to save on gas but still have a comfortable vehicle. Thus far it has done a great job and is a pleasure to drive.

1 2

Our Take on the 2014 Ford C-Max Energi

Editor's note: Estimated mileage ratings have been lowered to reflect a June 2014 Ford audit of this car's stated mileage.

Editor's note: This review was written in March 2013 about the 2013 Ford C-Max Energi. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2014, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

Ford's hybrid strategy is evolving, with the company committed to offering consumers a variety of powertrains for some of its mainstream models. For 2013 Ford has added a new trim to the relatively new C-Max hybrid lineup: a plug-in hybrid option, or "Energi" model in Ford-speak.

Like the regular 2013 Ford C-Max, the Energi is a fun-to-drive hybrid... Read More