2014 Ford C Max Energi

Great car with more room than you would think!

by from Las Vegas, NV on August 17, 2017

Great fuel economy but best part is the tech features! When its hot, we turn it on with the app to cool it down. Swipe your foot for the lift gate to open when your hands are full. Drop the seats and it has a lot more room than you Think!

I really enjoy this car

by from Taylor MI on July 21, 2017

Purchased my Ford C max Energi used. Very roomy for its size and fun to drive. The EV mode is great for driving around town and short trips, I just wish it had a longer range in EV mode. Gets great gas millage when in Hybrid mode. It can do long highway driving with no issues and still gets decent gas millage much like a Ford focus or smaller car, it just wont sip gas the way it does in city driving. In my opinion the new price on these is a bit high but they're is a good amount of excellent condition Ford certified used models on the market. This is my first C max and I would purchase another one again. I primarily purchased the vehicle to save on gas but still have a comfortable vehicle. Thus far it has done a great job and is a pleasure to drive.

Love my Ford XC Max

by from Taylor MI on July 21, 2017

Vehicle is fun to drive, Roomy and loaded with technology. I only wish it had a longer Electric Vehicle range. EV mode is great for small trips around town.

I'd buy it

by from ARROYO GRANDE on July 17, 2017

Test drove the C-Max energi SEL. I really liked driving the car. Being able to drive with all electric and no mph restrictions before the motor kicked in was nice. It generated energy quickly. It also has some nice equipment like leather, homelink, backup camera, parking sensors, etc... Downside, it doesn't hold its value well. Not sure why, Ford has come a long way?
Not Rated Reliability

2014 CMAX Energi - Plug-in

by from Mishawaka on March 16, 2017

Great car- easy to get 70mpg. Plenty of room for golf clubs with fold down 60/40 back seats. Powerful drive train. Really goes!

2014 Ford C-Max Energi bought used

by from Santa Fe, NM on May 17, 2016

After driving a 61-mpg Honda Insight for 13 years, I'd wondered why it was so hard to find a car that gets comparable fuel mileage, given a belief in progress. This car gets 56 mpg [not sure how the plug-in electric factors in], and now I can see why the mpg is slow to rise: this new car has lots more features, with comparable fuel consumption. I love it: handles great, with comfortable suspension and superior cornering [low center of gravity due to battery?]. Excellent visibility and power; a joy! [minor gripes: chrome trim, automatic windows that are hard to adjust to a desired height, short all-electric range [20 mi], wide turning circle]

So much fun, and efficient

by from El Paso, TX on January 6, 2015

I owned a hybrid car, but after totaling it in a three car accident, I was forced to go shopping. Knowing I would always want a hybrid. A ford is always considered reliable, and checking out the hybrid I was hooked. But wait.....I did spot the C-Max Energi and knew that was the car for me. Head room is nice. Ride is in comfort, and the heated seats are nice this time of year. We are waiting for the 2015 to come out. Something I would change on this vehicle is battery size and also mileage per charge.

Great Car!

by from Portland, OR on December 3, 2014

I've owned the C-Max Energi for a few weeks and have put over 1000 miles on it. Overall, the car is comfortable, sporty, and very economical. I've been getting over 60 MPG combined, which includes a trip to the mountains for skiing. What's helpful is I've got level-2 charging (240v) at home and at work. SYNC is great, allowing me to make hands-free phone calls and control the navigator, entertainment, and other functions with a press of a lever on the steering wheel and voice commands. A note: sometimes, the system misunderstands, which an get a little time-consuming. The car holds 5 well, and it's got great acceleration, except when the car switches from electric to gas. Then it can be slightly underpowered. Overall, I'd say this is one of the best cars I've owned, and well worth the money. It seems reliable, but we'll have to see what comes down the road.

2013 Ford CMAX Energi

by from Vancouver, WA on August 7, 2014

I love my car! The electric/gas mileage has outperformed my expectations. The interior is so spacious compared to other vehicles this size and there is actually headroom! Our 6'3" son can sit in the front or back seat comfortably without having to bend his neck.

93 L five-speed Lexus croupe

by from Santa Barbara California on July 23, 2014

I find the instrument panel to be difficult and confusing. The ride is a little rough and not as quiet as I had expected. Hate to tell you this but but I am comparing it with my 2011 Chevrolet volt.

Our Expert Review: 2014 Ford C Max Energi