2015 Ford C-Max Energi Consumer Reviews

2015 Ford C Max Energi
Average based on 4 reviews

Super Happy

by from Kansas City, MO on April 18, 2016

Drives and handles great. Quality and roominess are excellent too. My driving routine is perfect for the plug-in ability of the C-Max Energi to travel 19 to 22 miles on electric only. Acceleration is excellent. I run my errands and then I'm back home to plug it in again for another run just on electric. If I need to go further, that is never a problem because it is a hybrid also. I am averaging 75 to 80 mpg in my normal driving. The My Sync is actually very user friendly. Even easier than the Voice Command System in my Mercedes. I love my Mercedes 2012 ML350 and that is what I role in when I am in a luxury mood. But the Ford Energi is perfect for all the daily stuff.

Best Bang for Your Buck

by from DFW, Tx on April 20, 2016

Quiet, efficient, roomy enough for two seniors and their overnight bag to travel 8 hours without having to stop for fuel!!

New Car

by from Sacramento on October 3, 2014

Love the car, love the color ( candy apple red),! I have come out of work with people admiring the car and then giving them all the info! My biggest problem is finding a functioning EV charge station. So many bells and whistles would suggest a cd as orientation. Great pick up, easy parking, speaker phone clear, sound system very nice. The storage spot for charger is too small for daily charge use.

Great Overall, Very Limited Cargo Space

by from San Diego, CA on February 23, 2016

I got this car around the same time a family member got a Toyota Prius. State and Federal incentives made this car only slightly more expensive than the Prius overall and with a lot more features. The C-Max also rides better, handles better, feels more responsive and more powerful, is quieter and more comfortable, and feels more substantial. I get around 42-43 MPG in hybrid mode and around 20 miles on a full charge in electric mode, both in mixed suburban and highway driving in relatively hilly Southern California. That was a pleasant surprise, as that's about what the C-Max Hybrid is supposed to average. So I get the option of charging & all-electric operation essentially without a fuel economy penalty when in hybrid mode compared to the C-Max Hybrid. The Prius has been averaging 44 MPG in similar driving, so my family member sometimes laments not considering the C-Max Energi instead. In hybrid mode, the engine can get rather loud when trying to accelerate up to highway speeds, especially with a full load. The turning circle is rather wide considering the size of car, sometimes requiring a three point turn where a typical midsize car would be able to make it in one turn. The cargo area is tiny as more than half the trunk space is taken up by the battery (compared to a C-Max Hybrid). This also means the load floor is not flat when the rear seat backs are folded down. Even paper grocery bags sit too tall to pull the cargo cover over. Overall, though, it's a great car as long as you don't need a large cargo area.