2015 C-Max Energi

4.9 out of 5 starsInterior Design

All Reviews

Super Happy

by C in KC from Kansas City, MO on April 18, 2016

Drives and handles great. Quality and roominess are excellent too. My driving routine is perfect for the plug-in ability of the C-Max Energi to travel 19 to 22 miles on electric only. Acceleration is excellent. I run my errands and then I'm back home to plug it in again for another run just on electric. If I need to go further, that is never a problem because it is a hybrid also. I am averaging 75 to 80 mpg in my normal driving. The My Sync is actually very user friendly. Even easier than the Voice Command System in my Mercedes. I love my Mercedes 2012 ML350 and that is what I role in when I am in a luxury mood. But the Ford Energi is perfect for all the daily stuff.

Best Bang for Your Buck

by Maxed Out from DFW, Tx on April 20, 2016

Quiet, efficient, roomy enough for two seniors and their overnight bag to travel 8 hours without having to stop for fuel!!

Great Overall, Very Limited Cargo Space

by Hatchback Fan from San Diego, CA on February 23, 2016

I got this car around the same time a family member got a Toyota Prius. State and Federal incentives made this car only slightly more expensive than the Prius overall and with a lot more features. The C-Max also rides better, handles better, feels more responsive and more powerful, is quieter and more comfortable, and feels more substantial. I get around 42-43 MPG in hybrid mode and around 20 miles on a full charge in electric mode, both in mixed suburban and highway driving in relatively hilly Southern California. That was a pleasant surprise, as that's about what the C-Max Hybrid is supposed to average. So I get the option of charging & all-electric operation essentially without a fuel economy penalty when in hybrid mode compared to the C-Max Hybrid. The Prius has been averaging 44 MPG in similar driving, so my family member sometimes laments not considering the C-Max Energi instead. In hybrid mode, the engine can get rather loud when trying to accelerate up to highway speeds, especially with a full load. The turning circle is rather wide considering the size of car, sometimes requiring a three point turn where a typical midsize car would be able to make it in one turn. The cargo area is tiny as more than half the trunk space is taken up by the battery (compared to a C-Max Hybrid). This also means the load floor is not flat when the rear seat backs are folded down. Even paper grocery bags sit too tall to pull the cargo cover over. Overall, though, it's a great car as long as you don't need a large cargo area.

New Car

by MGT from Sacramento on October 3, 2014

Love the car, love the color ( candy apple red),! I have come out of work with people admiring the car and then giving them all the info! My biggest problem is finding a functioning EV charge station. So many bells and whistles would suggest a cd as orientation. Great pick up, easy parking, speaker phone clear, sound system very nice. The storage spot for charger is too small for daily charge use.

Love This Car!

by wrongturn 101 from Carroll, Ohio on May 16, 2018

I have always wanted a hybridor battery operated car. This one is a great choice for my driving needs. I am currently getting 84 mpg and anticipate better when I am just going on errands and not back and forth to work. It is comfortable, quiet and very peppy. Charges in about 6 hrs. with 120. I'm installing 240 soon so charging will be even faster! It has lots of great features - love the auto lift gate, radio and comfortable seating. The seats fold down which will give me added storage when I need it. Love driving it!

Ford C-Max is a Great Choice

by DADDYMAC1963 from Ft.Worth, Texas on June 29, 2018

This vehicle has surpassed my expectations and has many great qualities. An excellent buy for the money! Energi SEL drives wonderful! Has averaged 44.9MPG with a charge overnight. No hesitation when gas engine switches on. I test drove other hybrids (Prius, Volt, Sonata) the C-Max out performed them with its performance. Gas mileage is not as great as others but it rides better and will leave the others in the dust at stop lights.

Great car with amazing mileage

by CMaximizer from Goodyear, AZ on December 28, 2017

I'm 6'2" and this SEL Cmax Energi is like driving in business class air each day I get in my car. I picked up a Ford certified with only 3800 miles a year ago. I have put on 10,000 miles on the car and the overall lifetime MPG is 75. My highest was 125 mpg at about 6k miles on the car. This was when I was driving under 20 miles every day. Later on, we have taken the car on vacation, gone to Mexico and many long trips. I love driving this car, love the savings on gas. One year's total on gas has been $210.00 total.

I love my plug-in hybrid!

by Bev from North Carolina on September 2, 2017

I was concerned about limited cargo space, switching from an Outback to the Energi plug-in hybrid. But I just hauled 5 bags of mulch home, just using the rear cargo space. I love my new Energi!

Very enjoyable to drive

by Ginny,PSU and Eagles fan from Danielsville, Pa on December 6, 2017

This car looks good and is very reliable. My husband is tall and he has plenty of leg room in the back. There is a little less trunk space due to the battery, but I can put the back seats down if I need to. I get great gas mileage, average 41 mpg. I enjoy driving this car. I don't know why more people aren't driving them !

Easy to drive like a smaller SUV.

by Energi Fan from Kansas City on November 16, 2017

Easy in and out. Sits high for good vision. Getting between 70 to 80 mpg average. So many features and great technology. Very reliable.

1 2