1995 Contour

4.0

4 out of 5 stars Interior Design
4 out of 5 stars Performance
4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 1995 Ford Contour?

Great car until it hit 128k

by Cruiser from Iowa on Tue Aug 21 2007

The car was running great. The DOHC V6 is excellent. It has the power of a V8 with the fuel economy of a 4cyl. The only thing is without warning kaboom! The oil pump went and took with it the engine. Spit chunks all over the highway. Sad day. Will keep it though because I like the car and will put a new engine in it. When I do I am also going to get a really good oil pump.

Does not recommend this car!!

College car, starter car

by James H from Philadelphia, PA on Fri Jul 28 2017

I owned this car for about a year in college. it had 200k miles. It has s 2.5 V6 engine which was more than enough to keep you entertained, gas mileage was a little lacking getting up to 27 on the Highway and averaging 19 mixed driving. Having a 5 speed manual made the car much better than I would have been otherwise. But given the age and mileage of the car, it didn't have much time left. before the tow truck took it away the rear suspension had rusted through (Northern PA road salt) the clutch was worn out (possibly original), and most interior electronics were finicky at best. PROS: Power Comfort CONS: Gas Mileage I wish I still had this car 10 years later...

Fun Car

by Danii from South Dakota on Mon Jul 31 2017

I had a manual contour in high school and I loved it. It was fun to drive and fairly reliable. I bought it used with 300,000 ish miles on it. It had it's problems when I got it. I had to replace the alternator twice in the first 3 months I had it. Nobody could seem to tell me why, but I didn't have to do it again in the 3 years I owned it. Aside from that, I had no real issues other than a cracked oil pan. By the time I got rid of it, it was nearing 390,000 miles.

Good Car for the Money

by Contour Driver from Bemidji, MN on Thu Jun 29 2017

This was a good compact car with a V6 that I really enjoyed driving. It had leather seats and a sunroof and got pretty good gas mileage. It did end up spinning a rod bearing, and the repair was more that the car was worth, so I sold it for parts.

Our Take on the 1995 Ford Contour

Ford officials must be absolutely stunned at the chilly reception the new Ford Contour and its sibling, the Mercury Mystique, have received since arriving in showrooms last fall.

After a weeklong test drive of the Contour - and last year's test of a Mystique - I'm convinced these two all-new cars are far and away the best automobiles Ford has ever built. But U.S. buyers have not warmed up to them. Inventories are bloated and the factory is scaling back production.

Across the pond in Europe, where the Contour/Mystique is sold as the Ford Mondeo, the opposite is happening. Production has been increased to meet heavy demand for the vehicle. Through January, Ford has sold 679,617 Mondeos since the... Read More