2010 Edge

2010 Ford Edge

2010 Ford Edge

4.4

Have You Driven the 2010 Ford Edge?

My Wife Loves It - and likes me

by Duffer from Tulsa, OK on Wed Jul 13 2011

Once she drove the Edge, she pretty much forgot about anything else. We have done a few 1000 mile round trips, and find it a really good ride, don't feel beaten up after a 500 mile day. Only knock is that , typical SUV/Crossover, it will only get about 22 mpg on trips and of course less when moseying around town. Sound system and A/C work great.

240,000 miles!

by Joey from kentucky on Wed Jun 19 2013

2010 Ford edge sel. Lots of miles! I have never had any problems with anything. I do a lot of city driving and just as much highway driving. I also tow a camper with it at times. No trans problems ever with 240,000 miles already! Make sure you do the maintenance on them. new plugs every 90k and trans flushes every 30k. And you will have a car that lasts a very long time. I guess its time for a new car already with this many miles on it. but I think ill keep it, until it hits 400k!

Best car that I have owned

by Vacationist from Louisville, Ky on Tue Oct 12 2010

Great car for vacations. Handles great and is very comfortable on the road. Gas mileage is 25 miles plus on the highway.

Great Car!!

by CarLover from Dallas, TX on Mon May 02 2011

I bought my 2010 Ford Edge last year and absolutely love it! I needed an SUV so that I could put my 80lb golden retriever in the back and not have to worry about him ruining the seats. It has plenty of space for him. Drives like a luxury vehicle. Everyone that has been in my car will guess that it is a lexus before a ford. I have over 20,000 miles on it and never had a problem. It went through a road trip half-way across the country and did great. Driving nine hours a day, I never got numb in the legs like I have had with every other car I have owned. I love the panoramic roof! It has a real wow factor to it and the front panel opens up all the way without covering the back panel so everyone can still see out no matter where they are sitting. The SYNC system is a really great feature. Mostly if you take advantage of SYNCmyride.com. It takes a minute to get used to all the controls (as with most advanced electronics systems in new cars) but once you do, it becomes very easy. I drive 15minutes on the highway and 15minutes in the city to and from work everyday, and my average mileage is 22mpg. Not bad for a 6cyl. I would definitely suggest this car to anyone in the market for a new vehicle.

Nice car

by engbulldog from MA on Thu Sep 15 2011

Traded in my heavy Buick SUV for several reasons and found the Edge to be quite capable in replacing previous SUV. Bought late model used low mileage AWD Limited! Gas mileage not up to snuff, but visitng gas stations less often it seems! Interior appts. and styling lacking for the money you spend on this vechicle. No external side door guards for those who hate door dings ! Has little bit on oversteer catagory too. Scoots along the highway ver nicely.

be careful

by dannymac from on Wed Apr 03 2013

Traded in a GMC Yucon for a 2010 edge. overall great crossover, solid and reliable, be careful changing lanes, huge blind spot, make sure you peek over your shoulder before changing.

Great Value

by New Ford Owner from Chicago, IL on Sat Dec 22 2012

The Edge is the first Ford that I've ever owned, I was formerly a luxury car enthusiast. The Edge was very similar to another SUV I looked at, and for a much lower price I was able to get all of the options and more than I would have in the higher priced brand. The exterior is very sleek, the 20 inch tires give it a sporty look as well. The interior is very roomy, although I would have liked a more expensive looking dash and door panel. Overall it handles well on the road and has been wonderful so far. I'm a Ford girl now!

2nd Edge owner!

by Edge-lover from Oklahoma City, OK on Sat Aug 09 2014

I just traded a 2013 Ford Explorer (too big and too expensive!) for my 2nd Edge, a 2010 with 66K miles. This is the best SUV on the road! The features, style, ease of driving, comfort...all at an affordable price. I do a lot of in-city driving, but we don't hesitate to hop on the road for a short or long trip with 2 kids and have room to spare. Best SUV on the road!

Ford Edge Ride

by Pauly from Western New York State on Sat Oct 11 2014

I have had 2 major back surgeries . This is the only car I could get in & out of without pain & hard trouble. Gets great mpg for what it is & I can tow with it. I have major pain & back spasms, I will get in this car turn on heated seats ,recline them & this helps my back pain very much.

Best Buying Experience

by M.Buck from Richfield Springs, NY on Wed Nov 12 2014

I searched online for a new "used" vehicle for myself, and found this 2010 Ford Edge at Jamie's Auto Sales in Binghamton, NY. I contacted the dealer to schedule a test drive, and when I arrived, I was more than pleasantly surprised at the condition of this "used" vehicle. The vehicle was much more than even the online photos could describe! The exterior was gorgeous and the interior was pristine! I could hardly believe that this vehicle had ever been driven. The decision making process was a "no-brainer." Jamie made the purchasing process quick and easy. I drove out of Jamie's Auto Sales with a superior vehicle and a smile on my face! Thanks Jamie! In the future, when it comes time to purchase another vehicle, I will consider Jamie's Auto Sales first!

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2010 Ford Edge

Editor's note: This review was written in April 2009 about the 2009 Ford Edge. Little of substance has changed with this year's model. To see what's new for 2010, click here, or check out a side-by-side comparison of the two model years.

The Sport version of the 2009 Ford Edge five-seat crossover offers a sport-tuned suspension, larger rims and different body styling, but the same engine as the regular model. It's also the most expensive version of the Edge, and whether it's worth the extra money to you will depend on whether you live in a place with smooth, twisty roads.

Why? If your roads are primarily straight, the Edge Sport's sport-tuned suspension won't be as rewarding as it will be if you live... Read More