2007 Ford Escape Hybrid consumer reviews

side view of 2007 Escape Hybrid Ford
Explore the 2007 Ford Escape Hybrid
4.1

Interior Noise

For a four wheel drive 26 mpg's is great. The interior noise level on the highway is an issue. I am checking into either dynamat or other noise mitigating options.

Go green!

Best features: 1) power seat on driver's side tilts as well as reclines -- useful on long trips or if you have lower back issues 2) 28-32 mpg (drive slower on the freeway and keep your tire pressure high to get the max) 3) back seat lies flat so you can haul stuff almost like a pickup truck 4) went up a mountain on a one lane dirt road like it had 4 wheel drive (it doesn't) 5) reliable and long lasting -- after four years, still on original tires, brakes, and battery. Drawbacks: The plastic/vinyl interior on the dash and center console is too easily scratched.

Solid Economical 4X4

Good high milege 4x4. With effort can get 35 MPG+ on the highway. Best city milege was avg 31. Poor gps, requirng multiple CDs for cross country trips and has unecessary lock out modes. Very smooth gas to electric transisions. Comfortable and enjoyable to drive. Surprisingly good acceleration. I intend to upgrade to a 2010 model

A quality car from Ford.

I have owned my Ford Escape Hybrid for almost two years. It is a great car and I highly recommend it. It has an automatic transmission that works very well. I have driven it over 55,000 miles, averaging just over 30 miles per gallon. It is a comfortable car and has excellent power. The radio, CD player & air conditioner are easy to use and work well. The dashboard light control is difficult to use because it is so low and close to the steering column. The handling is very good. It's very reliable!

4.0

Focusastic

NIce car. Really safed me lot's of money due to it's use of fuel. Would definitelly recommend it to anyone who has to do a lot of driving.

AMAZING!!

This vehicle is outstanding. I love it! It's ride is smooth, yet strong. It feels well built. It has nice features, although the navigation system can be a little kwirky. I haven't really came across any navigation system that worked perfectly, anyway. It'll prove to be worth it, you just have to figure out the kwirks and find ways around them. The vehicle is very versatile. It's tough, yet still refined, parkable, and not odeous. It has pretty good cargo space. The gas mileage is phenomenal. The gear changes and switching between the gas and electirc engines are seamless. It's an absolute joy to drive and own. Test drive one. You'll like it too. I hear the 2008s are even more remarkable. At the time I bought mine, I would have had to wait, at least, 3 months for a 2008. I wanted my car right away, so I took the 2007. I saved a little because of that too, and I'm perfectly happy with my decision.

Great car, so far

We purchased this car two months ago, and just finished a family vacation from Northern Colorado to Arizona. I was suprised with the performance. We had the vehicle loaded with two adults and two teen agers and one child, and the back was fully loaded with luggage. The engine pulled strong up all the mountain passes. The best average gas mileage we had for the 950 mile trip was 31.8 mpg. Keep in mind this is all highway miles. In the hybrid we are told that the expect mileage is higher in the city. I am looking forward to see what we will be getting around town. Hopefully about 35 mpg would be my guess.