1994 Escort

1994 Ford Escort

$820 - $4,008  MSRP Range
1994 Ford Escort

3.7

Have you driven the 1994 Ford Escort?

I love this car

by I love this car from Eagle, Idaho on Sat Apr 24 2010

Design and features don't matter because this reliability and value for it cancels out the need for cool features.

good car!

by Gina from Sacramento on Thu Aug 12 2010

This is a great car to get you where you need to go!! It doesn't have much power when getting on the freeway, but once you get going, it does fine. I can't have the A/C on if I want to go more than 55 miles an hour, it really makes it hard to accelerate. It's very reliable and super cheap to fix!! I bought it used and I love my car!!!

Seafoam

by Scott from Fort worth on Wed Mar 26 2014

Don't use seafoam on this vehicle. I put it in my 95 with high mileage and the next day the valve seal broke. This engine has a seal that breaks consistently on high mileage engines. Be careful.

Does not recommend this car!!

Decent car

by Matt from Reno, NV on Sat Oct 26 2013

1994 Ford Escort, 1.9 Liter engine, automatic. Mine has had ongoing idling problems since we purchased it used (stalling while waiting for lights to change, stalling after coasting for too long), but other than that and needing a few replacement parts (found at our local car lot: temperature gauge, hood latch) it has been a fairly decent car. I've broken down a few times in it and always have a cell phone because of this, so it isn't the most reliable vehicle. BUT, it gets 27 mpg city and I got an average of 45 mpg when I moved across states (Driving steadily for 5 hours). This gas mileage is better than the mileage of a lot of newer vehicles, (we can all guess why the new cars aren't doing much better...) Overall this car get's me where I need to be, and handles well. In high winds, however, it does get pushed easily. And the front-wheel drive doesn't help much in snow. It's made me a very tactical driver.

It's been a great little car!

by Comfort in Reliability & Safety from San Francisco on Sun May 19 2013

I've owned my 1994 since its was built. I'm the sole owner. I haven't taken the best care of it, (untimely oil changes, ect) and still it's been an excellent car, literally no problems at all until my timing belt went at 97,000 and the starter which is expected. I was driving on the highway when it happened and it caused no damage. At 140,000 (17.5 yrs old) the old car issues finally began. In the last 2 years I've put 2K miles on it (now at 142,000) and I've had to replace the front tie rods, ignition, and back to the shop today with likely axle/cv joint issues. Probably about $2,000+ worth of work in 2 years (including maintenance like brakes, etc). All worth it for the 17 years this little car gave me with basicially no problems. I was never crazy about the model from the start, but have gained full love and appreiciation for how this car has taken care of me. Drove it 800 miles from San Francisco to LA last summer in the hot summer with NO issues, drove like a dream. FYI, my friend has owned 2 escorts, 94 and 98 and both the valves blew around 150,000. He now has a 2012 focus and LOVES it!

1994 Ford Escort LX - an ideal econo car.

by Ed from West Point, Virginia on Fri May 18 2007

I have had this car only one year after buying it from the original owner who had put 97,000 miles on it. I gave the new purchase a total tune up and replaced the springs and shocks at all four wheels. Hyway mileage averages around 38 mpg; around town milesage is 32 mpg. One serious flaw however, was recently discovered during a drive on I-64 when the car suddenly developed a serious vibration which necessitated pulling off to the shoulder of the road without delay. Examination of the underside of the car revealed a broken (in two pieces) lateral rear axle support member. Continued driving would have been impossible. AAA towed the car into the dealer and for $368. the ofending problem was corrected. This component failure could have had fatal consequences. Check these support arms regularly.

Love this Car

by Automotive Girl from Taylor, MI on Sun Nov 01 2009

I bought a 1994 Ford Escort, with a manual transmission. The inside is wonderful, there is lots of space, and your don't feel cramped. When you are driving down the road and quickly look to the rear-view mirror, you can see out the entire window. (Some cars you don't see the whole window, only the center)

Chevy

by Bonnie from Wisc on Sun Jun 16 2013

Drove this car yesterday. Needs new brakes the door doesn't open and no a/ c. Wouldn't pay the price there asking.

Does not recommend this car!!

My 1994 escort is a great car it's very reliable

by Indianman43 from Barstow ca on Wed Mar 14 2018

It's runs great look great no exterior damages or interior damages air/heater work great no leaks good on gas and one of the best features on this car is the low mileage of just 51,163 so if u want a great car to cherish my 1994 ford escort is the best there is the best there was and the best there ever will be

Very reliable car

by Jcauthoe from New haven, ct on Sat Aug 26 2017

I really enjoyed driving it. It had a lot of room and never gave me any trouble. I'd highly recommend the car to someone else.