Read or write a review.

Change Year
Average based on 10 reviews

Incredible Expedition!

by from Tiverton, RI (near Fall River, MA). on July 25, 2006

SO comfortable and secure to drive! I love the automatic features like headlights and climate control. Wonderful leather Captains seating that move to just about every position you can imagine. The sound system is superb, and the 6-disc CD changer is great. Exceptional visibility all the way around, big side view mirrors (with built in turn signals), wonderful moon roof and rear vent windows for days you don't need the AC or heat. Handles well in the snow; great traction! For the size vehicle, great gas mileage, too!

Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer

by from Aspen Colorado on September 13, 2011

I recently went to purchase a new Expedition because I love my 2001 Eddie Bauer so much and when I got to the car dealership and drove some new ones, that were of course very nice, I realized my Expedition has NEVER given me any problems, it has over 100,000 miles and is a tank in the snow, safe and is excellent condition. I didn't need a new one yet because mine was still in mint condition. So I left with my old expedition and a fat savings account. My 2001 drives so nice and the leather and heated seats are great, sunroof, so easy to clean and comfortable seats 8. Why spend the money on a new one these old expeditions are built to last and solid safe cars.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by from Las Vegas, NV on December 22, 2010

The only repairs i've done on this vehicle is change the oil every 15k miles with synthetic oil and had all fluids changed at 60k miles. Replaced normal items such as: tires, brakes, and batteries. Today is has 125k miles on it and is starting to drip and burn oil and the rear end is driping as well. Overall this has been a great family car with plenty of room.

best of the best

by from on March 8, 2011

201k miles and still like new would not trade for the world,best ride i ever owned,options are endless

LOVE MY TRUCK

by from San Diego on February 2, 2012

I was against buying a truck at 1st but I'm so glad that I did my family loves that we can travel now

Impressive

by from Jackson, GA on May 17, 2014

This is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I have 225k miles on it and it still won't stop running. I've replaced 4 out of 8 coil packs. The rear wiper has broken. Other than that, it's a beautiful vehicle. I love it a lot. Even at 13 years old, the last 0-60 test I did resulted in 8.8 seconds. It's very comfortable. I'm going to hate it when it goes, but I bet that won't be til after 300k miles. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Muscle car

by from California, Highland on August 15, 2008

Perfect car for family, big interior,room for 8 poeple,wide seats A.C. on the three rows of seats, emty or full of people or pulling a trailer still has the same power

105k and still like new!!

by from San Antonio Heights, Upland, CA on February 21, 2011

This car, nay, truck, is simply amazing. It was primarily a family driver until about four months ago when my son started to drive it around, but now he has his OWN Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD, same year. The interior is a little flat and, at least in both of our vehicles cases, the little gears and levers everywhere start to break at average wear and tear, but considering, they are 10 year olds. The leather holds up nicely, but you can tell it does get a little worn down with heavy use. The only real complaint is that the access to the third row is pretty cumbersome and clumsy, but it gets done. The third row is pretty clunky to fold as well, but these little pet peeves can be overlooked. My son has the advantage of 4WD and the Mach audio system, which according to him sounds amazing with the deep bass sometimes associated with his music, and our PREMIUM sound system is pretty good too, and I think that's the stock for XLT models but I'm not positive. Reliability wise, these things are tanks. As long as we keep up on things like oil and tires and brakes, the engine could probably easily hit 200k or maybe even 300k, from the condition they are in now. (Both are at around 104-109k) The gas mileage, considering, is not THAT bad, and it helps with the K&N filters, leaving us at about 19mpg hwy and 15 city... not bad for a 5.4L V8 hauling a family of six, some luggage, and a trailer with some toys on it. Ultimately, I would suggest this truck to ANYONE with: A family of 4+ that needs towing capabilities Need for cavernous space Hunger for Reliable, American trucks! The reliability is almost incomparable with not only Chevy/GMC, but Sequoias as well.

good truck.Eats gas

by from San Diego ca on January 20, 2012

good truck to drive, however the gas consumption in the year 2000 and above,by todays standards is not good. Tank size is big and you can easaliy spend over $80 or more, depending on how many miles you drive in a week..Over all the truck does drive nice and higher than a car,easyer to see further down the road when there are other cars in front of you.

Extremely Reliable

by from Richmond Hill, GA on September 2, 2012

I was surprised at the high level of reliability for this car. Over 11 years and 149K miles, the following issues occurred: 1. Ignition coil 2. Oil pressure transducer 3. Rear wiper That's it! I'll put that up against a Japanese car any day!

Similar Models