2001 Ford Expedition

The Triton motor is bullet proof

by from Minneapolis on September 15, 2017

Very dependable, Triton 5.4 will easily run for 300,000 miles, I have bought two of these and each ran forever

excellent family suv

by from Lockport,IL on August 2, 2017

This is truly and excellent condition truck ,Gray leather interior in great condition. Cold air intake, air horns,new plugs. Sony bluetooth radio. No rust on chassis or rockers

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Great vaule for a used SUV

by from Drums, PA on July 24, 2017

I bought one used ,Very comfortable SUV, never had any major issues, with the size and a 5.4 liter V8 gas mileage was the only major set back I could think of. With the 3rd row it would comfortably seat 6 adults and could of been pushed to 8 if necessary. With limited slip differentials it surprised me at how well a large SUV could do in a lot of off road situations too.

Uses car for Havingfun

Not the most dependable

by from DANDRIDGE on July 18, 2017

This vehicle has been reasonably dependable when it comes to the drive train, but it seems that I am not the only one who has experienced rust/structural uses with the car. Specifically the front end (ie ball joints, tie rod ends, ect) but the engine and transmission have been more reliable than I expected. The truck is going in 200k miles and it shift and drives like a pro. Though, there are some issues with electronics. The window switch went out, not allowing me to roll down any of my windows. All in all, you can get these trucks fairly inexpensive, so the little bit of maintenance to keep it perfect is really minimal when it comes to things such as ball joints.

Impressive

by from Jackson, GA on May 17, 2014

This is the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. I have 225k miles on it and it still won't stop running. I've replaced 4 out of 8 coil packs. The rear wiper has broken. Other than that, it's a beautiful vehicle. I love it a lot. Even at 13 years old, the last 0-60 test I did resulted in 8.8 seconds. It's very comfortable. I'm going to hate it when it goes, but I bet that won't be til after 300k miles. I highly recommend this vehicle.

Extremely Reliable

by from Richmond Hill, GA on September 2, 2012

I was surprised at the high level of reliability for this car. Over 11 years and 149K miles, the following issues occurred: 1. Ignition coil 2. Oil pressure transducer 3. Rear wiper That's it! I'll put that up against a Japanese car any day!

LOVE MY TRUCK

by from San Diego on February 2, 2012

I was against buying a truck at 1st but I'm so glad that I did my family loves that we can travel now

good truck.Eats gas

by from San Diego ca on January 20, 2012

good truck to drive, however the gas consumption in the year 2000 and above,by todays standards is not good. Tank size is big and you can easaliy spend over $80 or more, depending on how many miles you drive in a week..Over all the truck does drive nice and higher than a car,easyer to see further down the road when there are other cars in front of you.

Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer

by from Aspen Colorado on September 13, 2011

I recently went to purchase a new Expedition because I love my 2001 Eddie Bauer so much and when I got to the car dealership and drove some new ones, that were of course very nice, I realized my Expedition has NEVER given me any problems, it has over 100,000 miles and is a tank in the snow, safe and is excellent condition. I didn't need a new one yet because mine was still in mint condition. So I left with my old expedition and a fat savings account. My 2001 drives so nice and the leather and heated seats are great, sunroof, so easy to clean and comfortable seats 8. Why spend the money on a new one these old expeditions are built to last and solid safe cars.

best of the best

by from on March 8, 2011

201k miles and still like new would not trade for the world,best ride i ever owned,options are endless