2004 Expedition

2004 Ford Expedition

2004 Ford Expedition

Have You Driven the 2004 Ford Expedition?

"Biggest" bang for the buck.

by Golf Nut from Eau Claire, WI on Sun Jan 03 2010

This is my first Expedition and already I know I will be buying another. We were forced into buying this vehicle at a dealership when the current SUV we were driving blew an engine on a out of town trip. I saw the Expedition and was excited to take it for a test drive. This is a very spacious vehicle inside and out. Lots of room in the front seats as well as the second row seats. The third row is what sold us. By far the most room of any SUV I've been in with plenty of leg room and a seat that sits high. Lots of storage space for all with convenient features like cup holders and reading lights. I like the rear heat and air with a vehicle of this size. The ride comfort is what you would expect for a vehicle like this that sits on a truck frame. I feel extremely safe in this vehicle and I like how the vehicle handles in the snow. I have driven the vehicle in both two wheel and four wheel in the snow and in both cases the vehicle handles very well. I have three children ages 8, 10, and 13 and there is plenty of room for them to spread out and plenty of room left for all the family sports equipment from golf to hockey. A great family SUV!

LOVE MY EXPEDITION!

by Teen from northern Indiana from Northern Indiana on Thu Nov 19 2009

My parents bought the expedition with the NBX package on it new back in 2004. I received it a few months ago when my mom traded in my grand am for a new one. I love my SUV because it does great in the snow, and out on the highway. Me and a lot of my friends take it out a lot because it is comfortable and easy to get people in and out of. After driving this i will never go back to driving an actual car. Back when my mom still had it, it was involved in two accidents she was rear ended and it did basically nothing to it but the car that hit us was totaled. Then a few months later we hit a deer going well over 70 mph and it again barely did any damage to the SUV. The air bags didn't even deploy. I have never felt saver riding/driving any other vehicle!

Best Car ever

by Arthurs Daddy from Albany NY on Sun Nov 29 2009

Got mine used about 2 months ago and couldn't live without it. My wife was in a wreck with our mini van. That and the fact that my boy is a hockey player made this the perfect SUV for us. And she love's it more then any other car we have had. And I go to work knowing they are safe and sound.

Love it in Vermont Winters

by Eddie Bauer 5.4 v8 Soccer Mom NOT! from Green Mountains on Wed May 16 2012

We purchased this car in 2007 with 60K miles on it. As of today we have 125k miles on it. We have had NO ISSUES with this car! We love it! Radio cranks, DVD is great. CD and all electronics work as always been. Replaced a battery and replaced the altinator at 64K. Other than that, only have done routine maintenance. I feel safe with my kids inside. Great view of road. Tires last forever! Saw other reviews stating leaks in tailgate and sunroof? None for me. Sometimes have to give the tailgate an extra "slam" to be sure it's shut (and the warning display doesn't remind you constantly) but that's my only quibble. Love the power 3rd seat and so versatile with cargo or kids Maintenance is minimal. In fact, have only started to change out wheel bearings (1 so far) and for a full size SUV I think that is terrific. Yes the mileage is not great (I get 14.6-15.7 always) but unless I get a MUCH smaller car, It doesn't make sense for me to trade down to 20-25mpg suv/crossover and have a car payment too. I'm afraid to jinx myself. Buying gas is cheaper for now! If you see one, grab it! Best car I've ever had.

the best car i owned

by karan from menomonee falls wi on Sat Aug 13 2011

wonderful car to go on a trip goes on the road smoothly its a really good truck i love it the best truck in the whole world

ordered my 1st new in 2004, just bought another

by bRIAN from Washington State on Thu Aug 25 2011

I now own two identically equiped Eddie Bower edition 2004 Expeditions. Absolutely love this vehicle. We have 42,000 miles on one and 105,000 on the other and they both drive and handle the same. Bought our 2nd one after my wife was involved in a head on collision last week in our Mercedes E320 4matic(another great car) and it was totaled. The Mercedes was a great car but cost to maintain was a pain. And my wife has always loved the Epedition as visability is 2nd to none. Don't understand why but while I was looking for another Expedtion, there were a total of 94 vehicles for sale Nation wide under $18,500. Looked at yukon, tahoe etc and there were literally THOUSANDS FOR SALE. I think most people who have one don't want to part with them. Note: If you have one with side impact airbags/curtains it appears they are a rare critter.

I love my Expedition

by Live Life from North Potomac, MD on Thu Jan 17 2008

My 2004 Ford Expedition is a very reliable SUV. It fits eight adult, which is great. However, the only con I hate about it is the gas mileage. Other than that, I love the DVD system, and the BOSE speakers. Oh, I think it is so unique how the compass is in the dashboard instead of the rearview mirror. Interesting huh? I think so. Recently, I test driven the 2007 Expedition. I plan on purchasing the 2008 version in March. I?m still going to keep the 2004 Expedition because I feel very comfortable letting my son drive it to & from school. Plus, it seems like it is easier for him to drive that SUV, then my wife?s GMC Yukon. Enough about my personal life? The 2004 Expedition is an excellent vehicle overall, however, I recommend getting the newest model because of better gas mileage.

Worst due MB Collection

by Leo from Clarksville,Tn on Mon Jul 16 2018

Full of rust, to danger to used on the road, thanks to MBCollection to sell vehicles to come from Flood areas. Beware of MB Collection in Boca Raton Fla.

Does not recommend this car!!

Great Alaska Truck

by SAun from Anchorage on Thu Jan 17 2008

I love this trruck Its tough strong and the 4x4 eddie Bauer edition with the 5.4L V8 is always something brag about. Shes a big and roomy and feels safe. Some of the features Just go out with age some times when i go over 45 the door ajar alarm sounds and all the doors are tight

Great SUV

by Rbeckner from Fort Worth texas on Fri Mar 30 2018

This truck is fantastic. Built to last. Has 250k+ miles and still runs steering with no leaks. Very comfortable and lots of hauling space. Absolutely love this truck

1 2 3 4 5 6