2011 Expedition

2011 Ford Expedition

2011 Ford Expedition

Have You Driven the 2011 Ford Expedition?

Much much better than Chevy Tahoe

by Johnny Bradabadowski from Alabama on Sat Mar 11 2017

Since 1987 I've always owned Chevy Tahoe or Suburban but NEVER AGAIN. I traded a 2007 Tahoe LTZ that had constant electrical, mechanical and interior issues in on a Ford Expedition Limited and we couldn't be happier. The electrical fold flat 3rd row seats are a dream. With the Tahoe they had to be manually removed and were heavy and hard to remove and reinstall. We love this Expedition. The seats are very comfortable, the ride is smooth and quiet, steering is easy and responsive, sharp turning radius makes it easier to get into parking spaces, controls on dash, door and steering wheel are easy to navigate, and at 6'2" and 230 lbs. surprisingly I can sit in the 3rd row with comfort although for a guy my size it's a little difficult getting in and out of the 3rd row but once I get there and sit down it's pretty darn comfortable. If you're looking for a SUV and if you're like the way I used to be about only buying Chevy or GMC, I would highly recommend that you test drive a Ford equipped with comparable trim level. I think you'll be surprised. I know I was. If you want to know all of the issues that I had with the 2007 Tahoe you can see it on this web site under the same screen name.

2011 Ford Expedition XLT Great used vehicle

by Dick from Reston, Va on Mon Aug 29 2016

We moved up to a larger SUV in order to tow a travel trailer. We looked at a number of makers and settled on the Ford Expedition. After one months ownership and over 2000 miles we could not be happier. The quiet smooth ride on long trips is outstanding. I highly recommend this vehicle

Ford comes through again!

by th4sbwu from Duluth, Mn on Tue Apr 26 2011

Replaced 2001 Navigator. 4 mpg in town with the Expedition. 3 mpg more on highway at 70 mph. Huge refinement in ride and economy. Great in deep snow, people hauling, and carrying garden supplies. Very quiet. Effortless acceleration. Like to run on E85 in summer. Starts better in cold weather on regular. I am tall guy who needs room and without the sunroof I have what I need. Congratulations to Ford for coming through again!

Everything is Pretty Good

by Forty something from Houston on Wed Feb 02 2011

Have been happy with the quality of our Expedition. The only thing that I'm really not satisfied with is that the owners manual says I can control my DVD players that are in the headrests from the front but post purchase my dealership says you can't. Syncing with the IPhone as most people already know, has been VERY trying and mostly frustrating on a daily basis. According to Ford they are waiting for Apple to fix the issue. The flat fold down third seat has been a great advantage and was one of the reasons for purchasing. Very convenient.

Most Comfortable New Car I've Owned

by Expedition Happy!!! from CA on Sat Oct 08 2011

Great car for the money. I bought a new Expedition with 23 miles and now at 1k miles I must say that I am glad I decided to ditch my GMC Yukon for the Expedition. Yes gas mileage is really bad in my Expedition but for the comfort, how the truck rides/handles and the features, I rather suck up the gas expense than keep putting up with my old Yukon. No more replacing tires every 18 months. Good bye GM and hello Ford. Things I love about my Expedition are: The color options, the features, THE INTERIOR ROOM, flat third row seating when not in use, Second row seats cargo mode, tailgate lift and many other little features not offered by GM. Turn radius is awesome in narrow streets or when making a U turn; not a problem for this big monster. Things I don't love: Allllll the plastic in the interior, looks nice from a distance but feels and looks cheap when inside the vehicle.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

160000 miles

by MikeH from Tulsa, OK on Sat Mar 30 2019

Bought my 2011 Expedition Limited in April 2016 with 116k miles. 3 years later, I have 160k miles on it now. It has served me very well. I love the power, the passenger capacity, and the vast cargo capacity. When I first bought it, some oil was leaking down into the spark plugs causing a random misfire. Had it repaired and no issues with that since. At 145k, needed to replace the water pump. Other than that, the vehicle has remained fairly low maintenance. I'm very happy with the purchase. I would have liked to get a newer one with less miles but didn't want to spend that much on the purchase. This vehicle looks and runs great and I would recommend. Can expect 300k-500k miles with regular maintenance.

A Truck with a Car's ride

by Alan from N. Alabama on Thu Jun 13 2019

Over the years, I have developed a general philosophy for buying vehicles: - buy used - buy reliable (generally trucks or high-reliability brands) - buy high end editions of the model sought (under the belief that an owner would take better care of something they paid a premium price for) That led me to this 2011 Ford Expedition King Ranch. The added bells and whistles are just a nice add-on to a comfortable ride. I needed a larger vehicle and this works for me, plus the entry/exit height is a bit lower than the F-150's of the same vintage, which also helps... even at that, the driver visibility height is very good, which helps in traffic. I have lowered the rear seat headrests; with them in the 'up' position, there's significantly reduced vision out the back - you lose close to half of the field of view through the rear-view mirror. Side mirrors make up for that a bit, but pillars also serve to limit some visibility. Vision is therefore the biggest drawback... that 's why I went to 'only' 4 stars for 'interior design'. Very quiet ride - can hold a conversation at normal voice levels on most roads. Plenty of power, though there is a bit of a hesitation if you suddenly stand on the gas: better to anticipate such an action if needed. Oddly, though these vehicles are essentially enclosed F150's, the price point (at least on the secondary market) is better than with the pickup, so that makes for a much better value to me... and though I bought an 8 year old vehicle, I anticipate having it for another decade or more. Very pleased.

Great value - perfect tow vehicle

by Old School from Chambersburg, PA on Wed Sep 07 2011

The 2011 Ford Expedition XLT 4wd is roomy, powerful, comfortable and available with lots of amenities. There are plenty of comfort features to make driving enjoyable and then shines when you hook up a boat, travel trailer, etc. The ride is great and power is enough to get down the road with no fanfare. A great value especially when compared to the competition.

First Ford

by RFC from Atlanta, GA on Sat Aug 27 2011

Replaced a BMW X5 with the Expedition Ltd 4x4. This has much more capability from a hauling, towing, and passenger measure. The X5 was faster and cornered better; the X5 also suffered from being in the shop as often as not. The Expedition is very capable as a family travel mobile. It also is very adept at being the truck that it is. All in all, very good with neat technology (Sync). Issues are: No telescoping steering wheel and front seats. The seats need bolsters as they do not provide enough support for the legs out to the knees. This is a comfort issue, especially for long drives. After 7k miles, those are the only issues. Everything else is very good.

Surprising comfort and quiet

by Kamper from South Carolina on Sun Oct 20 2013

Had every option - screen nav, air susp, tow /anti-sway package, power liftgate and 3rd row seats, memory seats, cooled seats, power moon roof etc etc. Very smooth 6 sp trans. Wife/Grandma tows her 4,000 Lb Trav Trailer as if not even there. Getting a little under 18 MPG when not towing. AND got a 2011 with only 230 miles! Bluetooth SYNCH is great - synched to both iPhone and Samsung Galaxy. Nav is pretty smart- I would unclutter the maps and make it a bit more Google like. Google voice find has better recognition and more entries. But matches turn for turn with Google a bit quicker at advising on route recalc. I would advise Ford to add an option for a proportional brake controller vs needing third party product.

Uses car for Towing