2008 Ford Expedition El

My 2nd Expedition!

by from Manchester, MI on August 29, 2017

All the room in the world. Tows anything. Very safe. Looks great. Poor fuel mileage. No USB. No Bluetooth. Because of year.

Uses car for Havingfun

2008 was totaled, bought another!

by from La Mesa Ca. on August 28, 2017

So we were hit at 60 MPH by someone going through a red light and went up on 2 wheels and back down. Expedition 2008 EL limited was a total. No injuries in our vehicle. We had 107,000 miles on it and not one hick up all these years. We felt very safe driving although the gas living here in California was terrible. Anyway we loved and trusted this expedition so much that we bought another(same year and model) that had 118,000 miles. We love all the bells and whistles but safety was and is top on our list. This vehicle is very comfortable and love the Sirius radio...wont be without it! One thing to know is that at around 100,000 miles it is due for a tune up that cost $750.00 that you only want Ford to do....tune up like other cars not due till than.

Uses car for Transportingfamily

Most comfortable car I owned

by from South Carolina on February 13, 2016

Just purchased the 2008 expedition love the power and room the limited edition has a lot of bells and whistles to spoil us with we are looking forward to pulling our camper with it.

2008 Expedition EL Limited Edition

by from Atlanta, GA on September 24, 2015

I just purchased this vehicle last week. After buying it, I noticed that the power running board does not deploy - maybe a faulty sensor. I hope I don't have to replace the motor. Also, the acceleration is hesitant - jerky/hiccupy type of effect. That might be a cylinder misfire or a transmission problem. Vehicle is in the shop being diagnosed as I write this review. Assuming all of this gets resolved at no/low cost to me, I would think this would be an excellent vehicle. I was surprised at how smoothly it drove, and the fuel economy is much better than the 2004 Expedition Eddie Bauer that is getting replaced.

2008 Ford Expedition EL Limited 72000 miles

by from Shenandoah Valley, Virginia on June 25, 2012

This vehicle has all of the options. Navigation, rear entertainment, captains chairs, leather, dual power seats, 20" wheels, heated and cooled seats, power lift gate, power running boards, premium sound etc... The 5.4 liter V-8 has plenty of power for acceleration and towing. Smooth shifting transmission barely noticeable under normal driving. The seats are comfortable. Sound system is more than adequate for most music listening styles, good low range with clear highs. Power folding mirrors come in handy when parking in a two car garage. This vehicle cruises great on the interstate, 'comfy' ride while not being 'cushy'. Power running board is not working properly but is being taken care of by the dealer. $1600 part to replace deployment motor hopefully that will take care of it. I got plenty of vehicle for the price that I paid which helped me decide between this and a Suburban and Yukon XL. I have not found any major flaws with the fit and finish, some fitment issues because of 'abuse' by the previous owner. Overall I would rate this 5 year old, 70K+ mile vehicle 'very good' all things considered.

Overall Great

by from Minnesota on May 1, 2011

I have had my espedition El for about 6 months now and am estrememly happy with this vehicle and the ride it has given us. This is by far the best vehicle I found for the money, i am the kind of person that has to research any thing I buy for about a year before I buy. I found that the suburban was overpriced for the options and overall vehicle you get. I was very unhappy with the ride of the suburban and wasnt at all impressed with the performance. The Expedition is by for the best vehicle at the best price!! Vey Very happy!!!

Outstanding Vehicle

by from Rosebud, SD on March 29, 2011

Have a large family and live on a remote Reservation. Have driven for four years now, with no significant wear and tear. With the 20 inch wheels, we manage every blizzard. With the safety features and comfort, we arrive intact and as rested as when we left. Great reliability, comfort, price, safety and mileage (for the size).

excellent

by from on January 7, 2011

This truck will do everything we need for a long time. Very comfortable. Third row has plenty of leg room plus room for luggage behind.

Great big SUV

by from Kansas City, MO on July 5, 2009

We recently traded in our Chrysler minivan for this truck. We are a family of 6 and needed more room for our active lifestyle. What a great truck this is. It is huge compared to our van, but isn't harder to drive at all. It is very comfortable for highway trips and it was cheaper than an equivalent Suburban/Yukon XL. We are averaging 16mpg which isn't much different than the 18mpg we got with the van. It gets a solid 18mpg on the highway. Each of the kids gets their own seat and the extended room behind the 3rd row is a dream for luggage/camping gear/etc. We really like the fold flat rear seats for hauling big items.

Great vehicle!!!!

by from Minatare, NE on November 27, 2008

No problems, handles the road well, turns are not as dangerous as they use to be, you don't get that feeling of a possible tipover or of losing control.

Our Expert Review: 2008 Ford Expedition El