1993 Ford Explorer Consumer Reviews

1993 Ford Explorer
Average based on 4 reviews

Amazing SUV

by from Tahoe, California on September 22, 2009

I have owned my 1993 Ford Explorer for a long time, and it has been beaten to near death, but keeps on going. No matter what happens it won't die. The Steering is vague, and Transmission has its issues. And all the old Sensors are needing to be replaced. All in all, it is a very tough very well designed vehicle. I would love to make it brand new again.

This truck lasted 240 thousand miles

by from Houston TX on November 15, 2006

Yes, my father bought this car new and gave it to me in 96. It was my first car and lasted longer than anyone expected. I would definatly recomend this to any parent who wants their kid to have something to call theirs. I had the automatic 5 door and it was perfect to get me through college and beyond. It lasted because it is such a well built engine and transmission. The only mantanence I had to have was a new gear box (300 dollars) at 120 thousand miles, a new starter (150 dollars), and 2 alternators. The engine was still running when I sold it. The worst day was when it was sold for 200 because of a serious accident that cost more to fix than it was worth.

Best Deal you can ever get

by from Greenbay on March 6, 2007

I've owned 3 early-mid '90s Explorers and they've all gave me very little problems, and an y minor problems they did give me were cheap and easy to fix. They all also went way past 200,000 miles! A very good buy, and a reliable car that doesn't cost a fortune.

First car I've bought and it seems reliable so far

by from Mars Hill, NC on May 12, 2016

I am very happy with the car. It runs well and the 4 wheel drives works great. I would definitely recommend this car to a friend if they were looking to buy a car.