2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

I have never driven the Truck.

by from Clay Center on June 5, 2017

I believe that their would be leg room, but was not given the chance to drive it. The vehicle is a nice color it's clean. I fell for it when I saw it!

Very reliable, plenty of space and great interior

by from Burlington, VT on May 17, 2017

Plenty of room for 5 passengers. Also, the half- bed is great for small projects and lumber. No rust due to the design and the great side boards. Great atonal cover for the bed that was hard cover.

Versatile and Dependable

by from Siloam Springs, AR on December 21, 2016

I purchased used with 200k miles on it for $1500 (seller needed Christmas money). I have paperwork for fresh trans install with less than 100 miles on it. Mine is just a 2wd model, but loaded with leather, cd, power seats, roof rack, running boards, 20" alloys, etc., and I love the rear power window. I believe Ford built this model to last. I have room for three children in the back! I also love the small, (yet just enough) bed space to haul groceries, lumber, tools, shrubs, and etc. I drove over 160 miles to buy this one and enjoy driving it. Fuel consumption is actually better than my wife's 2005 awd explorer with the 4.0 V6. I would suggest this versatile lil sport brute to anyone.

good bye old friend

by from Boston on April 12, 2014

Bought this new in 2001. My daughter was 4 years old. 13 years and 177k miles later, she has been psyched to drive it herself. This has been such a reliable car with no work needed besides wear and tear. Until last night. It was totalled with her driving. She was OK. The truck saved her. Thanks Ford, that was a great vehicle. So long Trucky

The perfect truck

by from Houston Area on March 23, 2014

I have a 2001 Sport Trac, 2 wheel version but I bought the vehicle in April of 2000. They were flying off the car lots faster than the dealers could get them in stock. I don't remember what I paid but I have had that vehicle for 14 years now and it has 225,000 miles and is still going strong. I wish Ford would continue to make the model. I would buy another, if and when mine finally decides to go to car heaven. I have spent a few dollars in repairs over the years, but not much other than normal car maintenance. My goal is to get 300,000 miles out of the vehicle but in all honesty, I am being tempted by some of the new flashy vehicles out there but, I am not overly tempted since my Sport Trac is paid for.

What a waste of TIME!

by from on March 21, 2014

We drove from far away to see this seemingly nice vehicle. Well, It looked like hobos had been living in it and the car itself was a mess! Never again and never would I recommend this MOCK dealership!

Longest I have owned any car or truck

by from Racine, Wisconsin on January 24, 2014

I bought this new in Dec 2000 and now have 160 thousand miles on it, all in norther states and winter salted roads. So far just three spots of rust, one at a paint chip are by the front fender, the running boards, and signs of rust water tracks on the bottom of the front doors. I have had to replace brake rotors about four times, an alternator last year, a blower motor last month (Dec/2013). I had the rear differential rebuilt in 2013, it was noisy but would have lasted for several years more. About four years ago replaced several parts in R font suspension and last year in again. Minor items, the drivers side window needed reseated, was hanging up when retracted, and the solenoid for the drivers door lock need replaced this year, both corrected along with the blower motor last month. Next year I expect to replace the windshield wiper arms, perhaps just the springs. Though not the cheapest place for work, my Ford dealer has been great. Over all it has been a great vehicle, never an engine problem, (always use full synthetic 10w-40), most strangers do not realize this is a thirteen year old vehicle. This winter I have had it in 4W high a lot, due to snowy roads, in rear wheel only it tends to overpower and slip, In Feb 2012 we had a blizzard, in the height of the storm and 1am in the morning, I used this to go out two rescue two stranded coworkers, It took three hours for a twelve mile round trip, part of it we needed to shovel every few feet, but we were only one of only ten vehicles moving that we saw that night.

BEST TRUCK I'VE EVER OWNED

by from ST.MARYS GA on September 23, 2013

I BOUGHT THIS TRUCK IN 2005 WITH 51,250 MILES ON IT AT THE TIME,IT NOW HAS 266,531 MILES WITH NO MAJOR REPAIRS HAVING TO BE DONE,JUST THE USUAL MAINTENANCE AND I PLAN ON DRIVING IT UNTIL IT DIES..JUST A GREAT OVERALL TRUCK....

DEPENDABLE

by from las vegas on July 26, 2013

Got my truck @ 43,000 milage, up to now my it runs great, I only have minor repairs so far. i'm on 74,000 miles right now but it still in top condition. the only issue I had was the sensor, but it's because I went to the wrong mechanic.. Now no issue what so ever! I have a good mechanic and just maintain your truck, it will go a long way.. definitely, I'm still keeping it , ofcourse milage for the gas not so great, look? its a truck and its a 6 cylinder what do you expect? gas milage is already given.. so, dont complain bout how it consumes gas. All that matters is the performance..Im happy with it.......awesome!!!!!!!!!!

2001 Sport Trac

by from Indiana county, PA on April 13, 2013

So far so good. Have not put that many miles on it yet, but like the ride thus far. Did pu a hitch on it and looking for the right tonneau for it.