2001 Explorer Sport Trac

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

4.4

Have You Driven the 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac?

Great Truck

by Omaarh from Quantico, VA on Tue Dec 30 2008

I have had this truck for 7 years now. This truck is versatile. I have used it to tow trailers with motorcycles, transport my canoe, and move heavy cargo in the bed. Remove the bolts in the back seat and wala - more cargo rome... This truck is truly a jack of all trades. The bed is very convenient and the bed cover is a must. The only thing that lacks a little is the bed length. This truck is no speed demon, but it is not built for that. The only gripe I have is that it does not come with the roof rail cross bars. This is a pricey item to get. Overall, this truck is great... A true workhorse. I would recommend this truck to anyone.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Versatile and Dependable

by domesticated fan from Siloam Springs, AR on Wed Dec 21 2016

I purchased used with 200k miles on it for $1500 (seller needed Christmas money). I have paperwork for fresh trans install with less than 100 miles on it. Mine is just a 2wd model, but loaded with leather, cd, power seats, roof rack, running boards, 20" alloys, etc., and I love the rear power window. I believe Ford built this model to last. I have room for three children in the back! I also love the small, (yet just enough) bed space to haul groceries, lumber, tools, shrubs, and etc. I drove over 160 miles to buy this one and enjoy driving it. Fuel consumption is actually better than my wife's 2005 awd explorer with the 4.0 V6. I would suggest this versatile lil sport brute to anyone.

good bye old friend

by gaberoo from Boston on Sat Apr 12 2014

Bought this new in 2001. My daughter was 4 years old. 13 years and 177k miles later, she has been psyched to drive it herself. This has been such a reliable car with no work needed besides wear and tear. Until last night. It was totalled with her driving. She was OK. The truck saved her. Thanks Ford, that was a great vehicle. So long Trucky

DEPENDABLE

by SPORT TRAC LOVER from las vegas on Fri Jul 26 2013

Got my truck @ 43,000 milage, up to now my it runs great, I only have minor repairs so far. i'm on 74,000 miles right now but it still in top condition. the only issue I had was the sensor, but it's because I went to the wrong mechanic.. Now no issue what so ever! I have a good mechanic and just maintain your truck, it will go a long way.. definitely, I'm still keeping it , ofcourse milage for the gas not so great, look? its a truck and its a 6 cylinder what do you expect? gas milage is already given.. so, dont complain bout how it consumes gas. All that matters is the performance..Im happy with it.......awesome!!!!!!!!!!

Very good truck, suv

by GBM from Corona California on Wed Jan 30 2008

I bought it new in 2001 and it has lasted so far 236,379 miles. Only complaint is the front brakes. Believe me. Purchase good roters and pads.Every thing else is great.Daily driver. With all my tool's in it.

2001 Sport Trac

by Ken from Indiana county, PA on Sat Apr 13 2013

So far so good. Have not put that many miles on it yet, but like the ride thus far. Did pu a hitch on it and looking for the right tonneau for it.

Very reliable, plenty of space and great interior

by SportTracFan2015 from Burlington, VT on Wed May 17 2017

Plenty of room for 5 passengers. Also, the half- bed is great for small projects and lumber. No rust due to the design and the great side boards. Great atonal cover for the bed that was hard cover.

Longest I have owned any car or truck

by Dreammaker from Racine, Wisconsin on Fri Jan 24 2014

I bought this new in Dec 2000 and now have 160 thousand miles on it, all in norther states and winter salted roads. So far just three spots of rust, one at a paint chip are by the front fender, the running boards, and signs of rust water tracks on the bottom of the front doors. I have had to replace brake rotors about four times, an alternator last year, a blower motor last month (Dec/2013). I had the rear differential rebuilt in 2013, it was noisy but would have lasted for several years more. About four years ago replaced several parts in R font suspension and last year in again. Minor items, the drivers side window needed reseated, was hanging up when retracted, and the solenoid for the drivers door lock need replaced this year, both corrected along with the blower motor last month. Next year I expect to replace the windshield wiper arms, perhaps just the springs. Though not the cheapest place for work, my Ford dealer has been great. Over all it has been a great vehicle, never an engine problem, (always use full synthetic 10w-40), most strangers do not realize this is a thirteen year old vehicle. This winter I have had it in 4W high a lot, due to snowy roads, in rear wheel only it tends to overpower and slip, In Feb 2012 we had a blizzard, in the height of the storm and 1am in the morning, I used this to go out two rescue two stranded coworkers, It took three hours for a twelve mile round trip, part of it we needed to shovel every few feet, but we were only one of only ten vehicles moving that we saw that night.

Very comfortable enjoyable vehicle to operate

by Truck enthusiast from Clinton, MD on Wed Oct 15 2008

Vehicle handled welll on highway, confortable seating, loved the rear drop down window instead of the sliding window on most trucks, only problem is he lack of power for this size engine and poor gas mileage

Beautiful!

by Mayme from Louisville,KY on Fri Aug 18 2006

Great handling, good ride, very versatile. This is the best truck I have ever owned, easy to maintain, no problems what so ever! I have used it for family vacations and trips to the hardware store to pick up lumber for my husband.

1 2 3