2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac

Awesome SUT!!!

by from Jackson, MS on November 27, 2006

I love this truck it looks good, rides great, gas is even better than sticker! I like the motorized rear sliding window. This is my first truck and I am very pleased. The built in bed liner is a great feature as well as the tow hooks on the side rails.

Good little truck

by from Prescott Valley, Arizona on January 18, 2011

I have owned Ford trucks in the past and will again in the future. I wanted a Ford Ranger and my wife wanted to be able to haul at least 4 passengers in comfort. This Sport Trac is like a Ranger limo. Or a stretch Ranger. It does everything I need it to do. Interior is just like a Ranger but bigger. Could use more cubby holes as I tend to stash stuff everywhere. Perhaps a little more storage behind the rear seat. Overall a great little truck getting 16 MPG in town and 18 MPG on the highway at 70MPH. We'll soon see how it does pulling a boat.

Excellent Comfort Truck

by from Albany, Georgia on November 10, 2008

This is the type of truck that gets an A-Okay from the wife. It has all the advantages of a truck (unless you like to haul large loads)with the comfort of a small RV. Leather seats are plush as is the room. The only disadvantages is a little road noise (cut up the tunes)and visability when backing up. I would buy another one in a heart beat. I use a Jeep Wrangler in the woods but my Sports Trac on the highway.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Good vehicle

by from South dakota on October 31, 2013

Spent 1800.00 dollars in first 30 days! And dealership wasn't honest with me. That's what I get for trusting them, when they say take as is NO WARRANTY!!! New ball joints upper and lower,new windshield,new muffler system,new battery,wipers! And the only thing I am upset about the ball joints -1000.00! Just for that! Including labor costs! There should a law automatic costs covered 50-50. Thanks!

Poor Charlie

by from Pasadena Texas on November 22, 2013

It's not so much the car wasn't nice, the quality was poor. We purchased the truck and a week later it broke.

Loved for 170,500 miles

by from Houston Texas on September 6, 2016

This little truck had 30,00 miles on it when I bought it a year old. If you press the O/D button while shifting into drive...DON'T DO THAT. one guy before me said that it couldn't be avoided but hat is not true at all. And yeah, the seat belt on the driver side doesn't always retract very strong but just DEAL with it! ..EVERYTHING else that his truck is makes up for it. Great visibility, fantastic mileage i hauled whoever and whatever i ever wanted. i kept up with the maintenance. It towed my 3,000lb Ski Supreme and never had a problem up and down the ramp. It bounced and bobbled a bit because of the short wheelbase but I also had air shocks and it had a little jacked up look when not towing. The ABS bed liner was bullet proof and the power socket in the back of the bed came in handy many times. I used the bed extender at times or removed it when it got in the way. I loved the way it drove and the way it looked in my driveway. We had the torch red or..THE OTHER Burgundy red and it was straight as an arrow. And at 2000, 500 miles it still looked like it only had 50,00. I traded it for good value and bought something bigger but it more than served me well. I drove mostly highway and got better than 20 MPG. my best score was 27.7 from Dallas to Houston. Over the ten years I owned it, I replaced the Cruise control buttons, the compass on the overhead upper and lower ball joints, the timing belt and the thermostat housing,fuel pump and. there was one issue with the heater door but it wasn't expensive. i really hated to trade it but we just outgrew it. When I went back to the dealership to clean it out and turn in my title I was honestly quite sad. Just like saying goodbye to an old friend. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone. I just loved it..

Love it!

by from Richmond, VA on April 1, 2014

I love my Sport Trac! Its the perfect mix between an SUV and a Truck. There is a ton of room in the back seats, me and a couple friends went on a golf trip and I was able to carry the four of us, each with a golf bag and another bag each. It is comfortable to drive and I've never had any issues with it! I'm coming up on 100,000 miles, and I easily see it making it to 200,000!

Great truck for the past 13 years

by from San Antonio,TX on June 23, 2017

This truck is the perfect size for me and I have driven it all over Texas. I love that the back middle window rolls all the way down so it feels like a convertable with all the windows down.

Vehicle that I have enjoyed the most. See below

by from Lebanon, PA on October 22, 2016

Major problem last 5 yrs-gas cap/line issues. Mechanics say it's squirrels chewing. All my rural neighbors have trucks. Never happens to them. Any one else have this problem?

this truck serves its purpose

by from Bolingbrook,Illinois on December 9, 2016

Im a retired tech. a drummer, i love cycling , fishing and camping . this is my first sport trac and love it so much . We took it for a camping trip, it did haul everything that you'll need for camping and on top of it i had my bike on the bed cover (design it myself) fishing rods inside a 6 inch pvc pipe with cover tied it down on the side of the bed and the rear power supply is good enough to power up a laptop for us to watch movies . Further more when i have a GIG for a band i can load everything in the rear bed and i can lock it to leave it overnight . I overhauled the motor when i got it (2004 XLT ) lots of work with all the gears and chains but its all worth it , i had a good offer BUT not now im having a lot of FUN with my TRAC. Planning a cross country Trip/camping next summer with few friends .