Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2004 F-350

2004 Ford F-350

2004 Ford F-350

4.4

Have You Driven the 2004 Ford F-350?

most powerful truck i have ever owned

by buckeye farmer from lima OH on Sun Aug 15 2010

I purchased a 2004 f350 lariat crew cab long bed 1 year ago. It had 112,000 miles on it then and now has 135,000 miles on it.I do use it for daily driving and pulling my trailer weighing approximately 15,000 lbs. My fuel economy bounces from 15mpg empty to 10 pulling and as low as 7 when pulling hopper wagons. The power is very nice and instant, the interior is leather and comfortable(i bought used so i cannot pick the interior options or it would have been carpet delete). I have not had any trouble yet although some people tell me i was a fool for purchasing this truck. The biggest hold back on it is the turning radius. Thinging about putting a tuner in it for better fuel milage, although it best my last truck by 5mpg.

Overall Good Truck

by Hobby Farmer from Illinois on Tue Feb 11 2014

2004 F-350 XLT ext. cab, 2 WD purchased new in 2004. Overall, it has been a good truck AFTER we disconnected the EGR valve! Do that and your problems are solved. 6-Speed manual transmission puts mileage up around 20 mpg highway empty, and 12-14 pulling a 24-ft horse trailer with 2 horses. Plenty of power for pulling the trailer, hauling hay, and work around the farm. Had issues with the engine in its early life--some under warranty, some not. It would buck, miss, and lose power. No one could give a fix that lasted very long or really tell us what the problem was (although the Ford dealer probably knew). Then a friend told us he unhooked the EGR valve (Thank you EPA) and his truck ran better. It works---no more problems! Sans government interference, this a good truck. The biggest gripe for me were the seats. Ford changed seat covering material mid-year and we got some kind of cheap nylon fabric instead of velour. Velour is easy to clean and wears well. This stuff is hard, if not impossible to clean, leaves spots, and is not that durable. We'll spring for leather next time.

Tough truck

by King Rancher from Central IL on Sun Feb 24 2013

Awesome truck with tons of power! Best truck I've ever owned. Had a coolant leak but was all the result from the overfill reservoir, $40 buck repair no big deal, everything else works great on this super duty ford truck.

Best truck I have ever owned

by Nick from Tampa, FL on Thu Jul 06 2017

2004 F350, Crew Cab, Lariat, 4x2, single rear wheel. Bought it in '06 with 40k miles. Currently over 300k. Minimal repairs. Maintenance is KEY. 6.0L is strong & reliable. Still have the original EGR system. Added coolant filter in system. Change fluids & filters regularly! Pulls 5th wheel regularly & use as my daily driver. Turn radius is the worst thing I could say about it. This truck has been a great value.

Uses car for Towing

6.0. Get it bullitproofed!!!

by Rose229 from VA on Fri Jan 26 2018

Caddy comfortable, 10 x the power you need. Aka. A BOSs. Yes 6,0 needs some tlc well after 270k. But I would buy it again in a second.

Good truck, but very particular

by JRobillard from GA on Mon Jul 02 2018

I had a King Ranch crew cab. Lots of interior room, and pulled my 9000 pound camper without any issues. All the heartaches associated with this series of diesel truck never happened to me. My truck was kept stock. I did have to replace the radiator, trans temp sensor, and the overhead console circuit board. I sold this truck because it was very expensive to maintain. An oil change was about two hundred bucks, if I did the work with quality oil and motorcraft filters. Of course every other oil change needed another 50 dollars worth of fuel filters. You had to replace them with motorcraft filters only, other aftermarket filters fail within 500 miles or so. Air cleaners are about 100 bucks as well. I loved the truck, had it for several years. The older it got the more maintenance it needed, and the more expensive it was to keep. Sold with 134K miles.

Uses car for Towing

Love the truck pulls well.

by Kc_Rush from Liberty Mo on Thu Jun 01 2017

This truck is great if you need to pull something big or small. Nothing like pulling with diesel power.

Uses car for Towing

One od the best pickups I've owned

by John from Sonora, Ca on Fri Apr 14 2017

I have just over 100,000 mi on my F 350. It still packs a punch as far as horsepower, miles per gallon and comfort.

8 years of awesome service.

by Gene L. from Las Vegas, NV on Tue Nov 06 2018

This has been a great truck. The 6 liter power stroke has be nothing less than awesome. I did require a few aftermarket upgrades. But nothing too serious. Pulls and hauls with great ease. Very comfortable on long trips. Fun to drive. I do wish it had some modern tech in it. But it doesn?t need it to preform the job I have it for. I have added some tech that does what the new stuff does. It just don?t work from the steering controls. I think I can live. All I can say is. I?ve had it for 8 years and I still enjoy it just as much as the day I bought it. Best of all. No DEF fluid and regeneration cycle. Love it love it. Love it!!!

Great work truck / 8.5 mm2plow-4sale

by Clyde23591 from Coventry RI on Mon Aug 07 2017

Runs great, reliable,plows great- good money maker, has a little rust. Tows 10k. Only has to pass safety inspections. Plows is so easy to use. I am disabled and sad to get rid of. Good on gas, 5.4.

1 2 3