2006 Five Hundred

4.4 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Good All around

by mark from on February 20, 2009

I am 26 and wanted to get a used car with decent mileage and not too old. I found a 06' limited and it had all the bells and whistles. I bought mine with 18,000 on it and have put on 19,000 since i bought it about 2 years ago. I have had no issues with the vehicle. Basic maintenance , that's all. It drives smooth, short on power but great on the highway and the expressways. I have had nothing but compliments once people get in and actually ride in it. Looks good on the outside and good on the inside. Bought black, with the rims all cleaned up, the car looks amazing. I still think it looks awesome when i walk out of somewhere and see it.

Very solid car, a good bet to make

by MaxRidenour from Henderson, NV on June 2, 2017

Mine is very comfortable, it rides smoothly and the seats are not cheaply made. The only problems I've had maintenance wise are the air conditioning and brakes (and rarely at that). The brakes tend to squeak sooner after you get them replaced, which is possibly due to how I drive the car, and the a/c kicks out sometimes, but that's probably because I live in Las Vegas and use it so much. No engine, transmission or body problems. The engine is strong enough to keep up in traffic, acceleration leaves a little to be desired compared to newer cars. I'd say this is a great car to get someone started driving in, or if you're on a tight budget, this thing won't let you down very much. Hope this helped!

One of the better cars I've own

by Buckeye from Kill Devil Hills, NC on November 3, 2007

I purchased this car for my wife. The car I believe is under priced for what you get. I can seat five people and all are comfortable. I believe this car is right up there with the Lincoln. the only proplem with the car is that the engine is under powered. Way under. Too bad Ford changed the name. A little like what they did with the Ford Probe when needed a new body for the Courger. I can not understand why Ford doesn't have more ads on this car. It should be an outatanding seller.

The most spacious car I've owned

by FARMERS INS. AGENT from SAN DIEGO, CA on April 12, 2007

The Ford Five Hundered is by far one of the most comfortable cars I have dirven in and own/ed. Passengers in the back seat fit have plenty of room. The trunk has enough room to fit all your grocires from costco without the need to fold dwon the seats. The power is moderate nothing to special but very effiecent. Handling is a breeze; and the mileage is anywhere around 20/22 city to 24/27 highway. For the comfort, and features the Ford 500 is difinitely a good deal for the buck.

Driven 30K + on this car already

by sfdukeaj from Green Bay, WI on October 2, 2007

I drive this car over 30K miles a year to work and I love it. I drive all highway miles anywhere from 70 to 80 mph and am very comfortable with over 2 hours each day spent in the 500. Trunk space is huge and the sitting up higher is great since my last commute vehicle was a 3/4 ton truck. My only complaints are that it isn't the best in snow and the engine could have more take off power especially if you compare the 500 to the new Chevy Malibu. I really like the CVT, just rock steady with no shift points. I recently hit a deer and the car held up well mechanically (for wasting a large buck at 75 mph.) I realize how nice a car the 500 is since my loaner is a base model Ford Focus.

Ford 500 - Impressive

by Ford 500 - Love It from Sioux Falls, SD on July 12, 2006

As a pickup and former sport utility driver, I was impressed by the seating and visability, as well as ease of access. At 6'3 I found many mid-size cars awkward, and in some cases downright painful, to enter and exit. The 500 drives quietly and instills confidence. The interior is luxurious and spacious. Power is sufficient for a car in this class. Overall, I think Ford did their homework on this one.

A Great Alternative

by Ray1 from Washington, DC on August 21, 2006

If you're just one of those people who has to buy an American vehicle...here is the one for you. I am a Japanese car loyalist and I was shocked at the quality and comfort of this car. It was huge inside and picked up on speed great when I needed it to. It doesn't even drink a lot of fuel for a car this size. So if you don't want to check out that Avalon head on over to your Ford dealer. I'm sure you will enjoy.

Good Overall car

by Rick_W50 from Central PA on September 8, 2013

Ample room good headroom and legroom. Fair mileage and reasonable power for overall driving.Good everyday family car.

nice car to own

by scroggo from lake worth , florida on November 1, 2006

great car , great price lots of room bought car new in 01/06 and have driven over 35,000 trouble free miles.

Ford Loyalist

by Tom from West Chester Pa on June 25, 2006

After driving a forign car touted to be so dependable and sturdy, I find the Ford 500 to be better in all categorys especially in the service costs..every time took the other car into the dealer, it costs on average $600 to $2,000. The last visit was $2800..that was when I went back to basics and reliability--Ford. It is pity they still do not make the Country Squire(HA)

1 2 3 4 5