2006 Five Hundred

2006 Ford Five Hundred

2006 Ford Five Hundred

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Performance

Have You Driven the 2006 Ford Five Hundred?

Good All around

by mark from on Fri Feb 20 2009

I am 26 and wanted to get a used car with decent mileage and not too old. I found a 06' limited and it had all the bells and whistles. I bought mine with 18,000 on it and have put on 19,000 since i bought it about 2 years ago. I have had no issues with the vehicle. Basic maintenance , that's all. It drives smooth, short on power but great on the highway and the expressways. I have had nothing but compliments once people get in and actually ride in it. Looks good on the outside and good on the inside. Bought black, with the rims all cleaned up, the car looks amazing. I still think it looks awesome when i walk out of somewhere and see it.

The most spacious car I've owned

by FARMERS INS. AGENT from SAN DIEGO, CA on Thu Apr 12 2007

The Ford Five Hundered is by far one of the most comfortable cars I have dirven in and own/ed. Passengers in the back seat fit have plenty of room. The trunk has enough room to fit all your grocires from costco without the need to fold dwon the seats. The power is moderate nothing to special but very effiecent. Handling is a breeze; and the mileage is anywhere around 20/22 city to 24/27 highway. For the comfort, and features the Ford 500 is difinitely a good deal for the buck.

One of the better cars I've own

by Buckeye from Kill Devil Hills, NC on Sat Nov 03 2007

I purchased this car for my wife. The car I believe is under priced for what you get. I can seat five people and all are comfortable. I believe this car is right up there with the Lincoln. the only proplem with the car is that the engine is under powered. Way under. Too bad Ford changed the name. A little like what they did with the Ford Probe when needed a new body for the Courger. I can not understand why Ford doesn't have more ads on this car. It should be an outatanding seller.

Ford 500 - Impressive

by Ford 500 - Love It from Sioux Falls, SD on Wed Jul 12 2006

As a pickup and former sport utility driver, I was impressed by the seating and visability, as well as ease of access. At 6'3 I found many mid-size cars awkward, and in some cases downright painful, to enter and exit. The 500 drives quietly and instills confidence. The interior is luxurious and spacious. Power is sufficient for a car in this class. Overall, I think Ford did their homework on this one.

Driven 30K + on this car already

by sfdukeaj from Green Bay, WI on Tue Oct 02 2007

I drive this car over 30K miles a year to work and I love it. I drive all highway miles anywhere from 70 to 80 mph and am very comfortable with over 2 hours each day spent in the 500. Trunk space is huge and the sitting up higher is great since my last commute vehicle was a 3/4 ton truck. My only complaints are that it isn't the best in snow and the engine could have more take off power especially if you compare the 500 to the new Chevy Malibu. I really like the CVT, just rock steady with no shift points. I recently hit a deer and the car held up well mechanically (for wasting a large buck at 75 mph.) I realize how nice a car the 500 is since my loaner is a base model Ford Focus.

A Great Alternative

by Ray1 from Washington, DC on Mon Aug 21 2006

If you're just one of those people who has to buy an American vehicle...here is the one for you. I am a Japanese car loyalist and I was shocked at the quality and comfort of this car. It was huge inside and picked up on speed great when I needed it to. It doesn't even drink a lot of fuel for a car this size. So if you don't want to check out that Avalon head on over to your Ford dealer. I'm sure you will enjoy.

Good Overall car

by Rick_W50 from Central PA on Sun Sep 08 2013

Ample room good headroom and legroom. Fair mileage and reasonable power for overall driving.Good everyday family car.

nice car to own

by scroggo from lake worth , florida on Wed Nov 01 2006

great car , great price lots of room bought car new in 01/06 and have driven over 35,000 trouble free miles.

Very good but minor flaws

by Timb75 from Imperial Mo on Sat Jun 23 2018

I bought this 2006 Ford five hundred in 2009 15,000 miles on it with 80,000 mile warranty . 6 disk CD player junk jammed and ruined all the CD I had in it within the 1st year replaced it with a blue tooth with built in amp which made my speakers work better . It goes through brakes n tires fast the a/c went out after 3 year s. The door holds water heater which in 2018 has rusted a spot out I seen alot of five hundred with same rust spot. That was the bad . The good I only have changed the oil in the car every 5000 miles and at 151,000 besides A alternator and a few batteries and brakes and tires I never changed A belt plug or anything else. Super comfortable little road noise. Transmission is ok I don't like it's sealed I never flushed it and at this point I won't at 30,000 they wanted almost 300,00$ to flush it the upper motor mount is junk. Comfortable ride but needed a 5.0 liter instead of 3.0 overall repairs I give it 4stars comfort 5 and gas mileage 3in a half

Ford Loyalist

by Tom from West Chester Pa on Sun Jun 25 2006

After driving a forign car touted to be so dependable and sturdy, I find the Ford 500 to be better in all categorys especially in the service costs..every time took the other car into the dealer, it costs on average $600 to $2,000. The last visit was $2800..that was when I went back to basics and reliability--Ford. It is pity they still do not make the Country Squire(HA)

1 2 3 4 5

Our Take on the 2006 Ford Five Hundred

Ford's "Year of the Car" might not have set the automotive world on fire.

But close examination of the new cars that came out of the product blitz Chairman Bill Ford promised for 2005 shows that the nation's No. 2 automaker can design and build cars with the best of them.

Last year, we got three impressive new Ford cars: the all-new Mustang, which became a runaway best-seller; the Freestyle, a crossover SUV-sport wagon; and the full-size Five Hundred sedan, one of two vehicles Ford is using to replace the long-running Taurus sedan.

For this report, we tested the 2006 version of the Five Hundred Limited. This is the top-of-the-line model, whose price starts at $26,380 (plus $675 freight) but has a... Read More