2009 Flex

2009 Ford Flex

2009 Ford Flex

Have you driven the 2009 Ford Flex?

Ugly on the outside but LOVE our Flex!!

by Flex Mom from Loudonville, Ohio on Mon Nov 28 2011

Okay, so we hated the look of this car to the point of not even wanting to consider it (best described as "polarizing" - people love it or hate it), but once the dealer convinced us to sit in it, we were sold on it. Most comfortable vehicle ever ~ we have 5 kids and this car offers the best of all worlds for us....all-wheel drive for the snow, lots of interior space, flexible seating with fold down seats, sporty with the 3 moonroofs and great sound system, and all the space of an SUV but lower riding like a car. We couldn't be happier with our purchase, and we highly recommend a Flex to any family that needs space!!

Unusual but GREAT car

by Flex fan from Round Rock, TX on Fri Aug 20 2010

I have owned my Flex since April and have enjoyed every minute of riding in it. I have a 2006 Chrysler 300 as well but prefer the ride of the Flex. It is a much quieter and softer ride. The performance has been great. Have only had to return to the dealer for minor corrections (i.e. seat latch not working properly in folding seat and air vents not staying open) which were corrected immediately. Don't know why Ford does not advertise this car more. Gets neat comments from admirers.

Flex is Best

by Traveler from Illinois on Fri Jan 01 2010

Having owned a 2009 Flex Limited for 6 months now, my wife and I absolutely love this car! On the highway, this car floats along and we find ourselves wanting to take road trips anywhere just to enjoy the scenery through panoramic windows and the huge sun roof. Our grandkids love sitting in the 3rd row with their own sun roof and you can see them looking up at the stars during night driving. The exterior gets us comments from the kids working at fast food places. "What's that? Looks like 2 mini Coopers!" Seriously, several of them will gather at the drive through window and gawk. Pretty cool for a grandparent. I have owned a lot of cars and this one beats them all for quality, ride and fun!

Ford Flex Great Vehicle

by Stevenjay8832 from Ann Arbor, Michigan on Sun Jun 10 2012

I have a 3 year old Ford Flex which is one the best vehicles I have ever owned. The Flex I bought was a demo so it wasn't brand new. I feel that the Flex should include in its' marketing how much it room has, how comfortable it is, and that can seat four 6 foot plus people comfortably. It sits higher than a regular car which makes it easier for tall people to enter and exit. (I am 6'6".) Although my Flex has all wheel drive I don't think of it as a crossover SUV but more of a station wagon. With its' long wheel base and large tires the ride is best described as GREAT! The interior is extremely nice, the sound system is great, great head room, and on and on.... This is one fine car. My only wish would be a telescopic steering column for us taller people. Also....great car for winter driving! The Ford Flex is one GREAT car!

Had to have one...

by Franz Karate from Bryan, OH on Thu Jul 16 2009

I was looking for a vehicle that would fit all my needs...stylish, not plain, plenty of room for carrying passengers as well as cargo, performance and decent gas mileage. Ford did a great job with the Flex but before I bought one I had no idea how much of a luxury vehicle they were. I bought an 2009 SEL with everything except syn and navigation (wish I would have bought sync). The vista roof is great for passengers and the seating is comfortable. It is roomy enough for hauling students around to events as well as for my family on long trips. Gas mileage is alright with an average of 20 in city and 24 on highway but honestly it should be higher I think. There is plenty of power under the hood to make the Flex get up and go when needed but using it really effects your gas mileage. Handling could be a little better but it is adequate for daily driving. The flex is a heavy vehicle and you will feel it in the turns but it is not top heavy at all so that is a bonus. Since I bought mine all my friends have rode in it and love it. One even ran out and bought one for himself. They are great and I am very satisified with the Flex overall. Good job Ford!

Love our Flex!

by Flex Fan from Clarkesville, GA on Thu Mar 11 2010

We purchased a Flex in January, and it is absolutely the best car we have ever owned! Advertised gas mileage is right on target and the Sync system is wonderful. We basically chose the Flex because of its interior. It was by far the roomiest crossover we looked at. I guess its exterior causes people to take notice because at least once a week, someone stops to ask us about our car - never had that happen before. We are looking forward to driving this vehicle for many years to come!

we like Old Flexy

by lux car snob from Northern CO on Sun Sep 15 2013

I bought our 2012 SEL AWD Flex in the early spring of this year. (paid 24k w/ 18k miles). Interior Cloth, Exterior Silver. So I replaced our 850 Turbo Wagon which was a wonderful car but was showing it's age. We already have a gas guzzler SUV and I wanted more of a minivan to haul our kids and stuff around. This car is more like a wagon than an SUV. Its really easy to get in and out of. And driving it is super nice - it sits you up like sitting in a highback chair. Really reduces fatigue. And so much head room - I am tall and I can look up in the car - maybe another 8 inches. So far its been reliable - its got about 5k on it since I purchased it. City mileage is a little low, but I can get 25ish on the highway. Almost drove 400 miles on one tank. Great acceleration - it moves even with the standard V6. I can pass multiple cars, merging highway speeds, etc. Really nice powerband - for the size of the car. Decent handling as well - doesn't feel boxy. Good turn radius for AWD and size. Its a nice family car - but not too exciting. My regrets were to buy a car without leather and I should have looked at a different color or the two tone. I never saw a Flex before I bought it, but now I see them everywhere. The interior is a little plastic - y. But it has nice wood trim, semi lux feel. Carpet feels cheap. Decent in snow with all seasons awd. other cars I have Acura RL awd, Limited 4runner awd, G37

bad transmission

by jn from ct. on Wed Jun 25 2014

This car has given us nothing but problems the wrench light comes on then the transmission slams and doesntdrive. ITS TO BAD GOOD LOOKING CAR BUT ITS BEEN IN THE SHOP 3 times in 5 weeks and they just cant figure out the problem

Does not recommend this car!!

Fantastic!

by car guy from Celina, Oh on Thu Aug 25 2011

I've owned over 100 cars and trucks and this is by far the most comfortable, capable vehicle of all. It drives and handles like a much smaller vehicle yet rides as good as any of the luxury cars I've owned in the past. Long drives are a pleasure, the seats are great. My wife and I nearly fight to see who gets to drive. Liked the cool styling right away but waited till January to get a used 2010 with 17000 miles. With 30,000 now, it has been trouble free. Only wish now I had looked for the Ecoboost version. Hellllo Ford, are you trying to keep this car a secret. I would reccomend a Flex to anyone.

nice ride

by bug73 from on Wed May 11 2011

Drives way better than i thought it would, given its size. Very comfortable, quiet car. Options are nice, very roomy.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Our Take on the 2009 Ford Flex

The Flex is Ford's long-awaited large crossover with standard seating for seven. Its biggest problem isn't anything about the Flex itself, it's the many other strong models that have beat it to market, including the Toyota Highlander, Honda Pilot, Hyundai Veracruz and Buick Enclave/GMC Acadia/Saturn Outlook. The Flex's sole competitive triumph seems to be beating the Chevrolet Traverse to market, which is a technicality, as the Chevy is a version of the Outlook, which debuted in 2007. Though another great choice in this category is also under the Ford umbrella — the Mazda CX-9 — the Flex is unrelated, based instead on a stretched version of the Taurus and Taurus X platform, which explains... Read More