2012 Flex

4.7 out of 5 starsInterior Design
4.4 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Great Design, Good Perfomance.

by Flexable from BC, Canada on October 26, 2011

This vehicle is smooth to drive and has smooth looks. Some minor problems, but nothing out of the ordinary. A little bit harder to drive in the city than other vehicles but its well worth it. Its very comfertable on the highway. (great for families) Pros: A very smooth drive. Very comfertable. Great Design. (interio and exteior) Good for familes. Not expensive for what your getting (a good deal) Great for road trips. Great Safty ratigs. Cons: Not the best cargo space in its class. A little bit harder to drve in the city. Not the best miles per gallon (but still pretty good) Seccond row of seats folds down, instead of rolls forward. One thing to remember is to check the vehicle every once in a wile. (check fluids more often)

Standard Engine Is Fast

by MarkFlex from Florida on June 2, 2013

My main point was not to repeat what many love about this. I simply wanted to let the lookers know what others are not writing. The standard Non Boost engine is Very Very fast. Is the boost faster? you bet...like ...at a race, one is always faster than the other, but don't forget they are all fast, don't get caught in the spin.So what, this is a family vehicle not a Race car.Test drive one at a Dealer (just put up with the Old school sales people...will they ever learn we hate that heavy hand approach) If you buy one, Buy it used and save a ton with barely broke in miles on an engine that will see over 200K easy. I want to mostly state that reviews generally speak of the Boost Engine and not the 3.5 v 6 . The 3.5 v6 is stated to have 285 Horse power, The 3.5 V6 Boost is at 355 Horse power. I wish to give some perspective before some may be influenced .. A 1965 V8 Mustang had 277 Horse Power. That is FAST. My Flex has the standard V6 277HP ...It is FAST and quick. I traded my 2008 Ford Edge for the 2011 used Flex and LOOOVE it. I can not believe I did not buy one sooner. I paid 22K and the sticker new was 37K. This is the way to go. I was sold on Ford because of the EDGE, solid and dependable. Is Ford Customer Service good? LOL I have no idea because I have never had a problem.. Enough of the Edge. The 2011 Flex Limited is as roomy as my Chevy Suburban in a slightly lower ceiling way.. The ride is quieter than my Edge was or my Avalon. It seems people have problems when it has Boost...just a thought to ad. I look at this Flex in the Driveway and see what used to look like a bland vehicle...Because I drove one and looked at what is has I know this is a HUGE hidden Gem. Words can not describe what illusion I had too what I now know. Best vehicle I have ever had. Over Avalon (not the 2013) Bmw Mercedes Suburban Edge Mustang Alpha Romeo Pacifica (Junk) I finally found a vehicle that equals the value I paid. ...and a word about the MyFord system. The Navigation thing is Awesome. Yep...many trash it. Use common sense ok? Most vehicles have nothing...bingo. So why a tizzy about not like this or that because of endless pickyness of an on board computer that talks to you Tree through the forest...simple...advanced hands off ...and people complain. ..Strange.... think about it.

Love my Flex

by football guy from Minnesota on October 13, 2012

I needed a car with a lot of room. I got all the room I needed and more, quite,comfortable, responsive and very good fuel economy for the size. On a recent trip of 1,400 mlies we averaged 24 mpg we have a Limited AWD with 3.5l v-6 . my grandchildren love the tvs.I realy love the power fold rear seats they work flawlessly The power lift rear door also works great. I have had a lot of new vehicles before but this car has it all. Thanks Ford for making such wonderful vehicles !! Have had zero problems 14,900 miles on it.

A Unique Ride

by Handy Dandy from Gastonia, NC on January 7, 2014

Bought my 2012 Flex Limited new 2 years and 35k miles ago. Like it better today than I did the day I bought it. Test drove several times prior to purchase as I had been in a Tahoe for 10 years. Didn't need the size of the Tahoe or Expedition any longer so the Flex was the best way for me to go to stay in a SUV. Great Fuel mileage and performance with the regular V6. Great handling, ride, styling, and a unique looking vehicle. Drive it everyday and even my wife likes it.

Suprised

by todd1965 from Greensboro NC on October 29, 2014

I brought a 2012 Ford Flex SEL with 51k miles. I was shock on how smooth the ride is. MPG 23.8 better than I expected. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Love My Flex!

by UGA_fan_1998 from Rome, GA on February 18, 2013

Love my new Ford Flex :) It is comfortable, drives so smoothly, looks great, is safe, and I can load up my family with ease. TONS OF ROOM!!

Best Car I?ve EVER Owned!!

by Stephie0127 from Fort Payne, AL on March 15, 2018

I live this car!! I have four children, and my family can ride comfortably in this spacious vehicle. It is equipped with several different feature that I am already in love with, and several I haven?t used yet. It is equipped with Microsoft Sync. I use this to connect my phone to the vehicle and take my calls, all HANDS FREE!! I can play music from my phone by simply pressing a button!! Overall it was a very wise choice for me and my family to get this vehicle!!

luv my 2012 flex

by val from wichita,ks on May 17, 2012

just bought my flex and i really luv it very roomy for family. Big fan wished i could afford the titanium but my sel will do.

Love my flex

by Bama man from Tuscaloosa Alabama on April 6, 2015

This car was purchased for me, but men we all know happy wife happy life. I now drive the maxima and this is her car lol. You cat go wrong in buying this wonderful looking and fantastic driving wagon.

Love my Flex

by Overseer from Northern Virginia on August 20, 2014

I love this vehicle since I travel extensively on the highway. It's very powerful with the EcoBoost engine and gets well over 20 miles per gallon. It comfortably sits six to seven people with space for luggage. I owned a Ford Freestyle before this and this vehicle is hands down superior in every aspect.

1 2 3