2005 Focus

2005 Ford Focus

4.3

4 out of 5 stars Comfort
4 out of 5 stars Interior Design

Have You Driven the 2005 Ford Focus?

couldn't pass it up

by raymo from Milwaukee, wi on Fri Jun 18 2010

I purchased this 2005 Focus with 108,000 miles on it and it's the best little car I've owned. It has every availible option and the gas milage is great! I went from a jeep grand cherokee getting 14 miles to the gallon to this which averages from 28 to 35 mpg! Af ter purchasing it I tinted the windows and it's a real looker! I would definetely refer this to more people. I'm glad I found this one. Good luck to any one finding a deal like mine.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Shineman from Central Florida on Sun Jun 26 2016

Awesome car period!!! I have been running my ZX4 for almost 6 years now. Purchased used, with 29,000 miles on it. Have 256,000 on it now. Have had to make some repairs, had to replace most front end parts. However based on where I live that is something I completely understand. Other then that, just basic maintenance. I use the car for deliveries daily, and really rack up the mileage. My biggest complaint with the car, is the lower back support, the seats are just not completely comfortable when making long trips.

Great Compact Big in Features and Performance

by Focused Focuser from Marshall, MN on Sun Aug 24 2008

I have a 2005 Focus SES in dark gray, and I love it! It seems awfully small, but the interior actually seems bigger on the inside than it looks on outside. The trunk is also huge! This is the "newest" car I've owned, and it's been very reliable, efficient, and fun. I get about 25-26mpg in town and 28-30mpg on the highway/interstate. 2 and only 2 complaints: 1. The rear window is angled in such a way that it is difficult to see sometimes. The spoiler also block the back window a bit, too. 2. Back seats are supposed to open up (I think...) but must be unlatched from the trunk. (This may be my own confusion, though!) Drive with Focus!! :-)

Love this car

by ma-driver123 from Boston, MA on Sun Feb 15 2015

I bought this car (2005 ZX3 SES) used with about 90k miles on it two years ago. I've got about 120k on it now and it's been great. I've had the front brakes replaced and new tires put on. Radiator support and rear brakes could use replacing soon, but otherwise car is in great shape. I've been driving it in our historically snowy New England winter this season and it has been amazing. I watch other small FWD cars (and plenty of RWD pickups) getting stuck and spinning out on my hilly, snow-covered street all day and have never had an issue with the Focus. The interior is meh (kind of busted armrest and it's a little noisy at very particular speeds) but I honestly don't mind because it handles well and the overdrive makes it a pleasant car to drive on the highway. It's small enough to easily park pretty much anywhere but large enough on the inside to fit a couple of bicycles in the back too! And it's completely adorable on the outside.

Best Car I've Owned

by RSD Bluegrass from Northbridge, MA on Fri Mar 07 2014

I bought this car during the Ford Friends and Family discount time, got a great price. I have the ZXW SES with the winter package and a 5 speed manual. Currently have over 202,000 miles, still with the original back brakes and battery. I have only replaced the alternator, front brakes, and anti-roll sway bars (did myself for less than $75), plus the usual tires, gas, oil, etc. I live in New England, and I can't believe the battery still starts the car after all these cold mornings. I also have the car equipped with a trailer hitch, and tow a trailer with a small professional sound system. I've done a lot of traveling with this sound system in the back of the car, which is amazing how much cargo can fit back there. Great car for us upright bass players! All in all, this is a great utility car. I do wish it had another gear though, RPM is high on the highway, and could probably get better MPG. The car has very good power on the highway for passing. Interior could be nicer, but that's what you get with economy cars from 2005. Looking forward to getting another new Focus, just wish they would sell a wagon again. I have not had issues with tires, use mostly tiger paws and they last 50,000 miles. Shamefully, I have never touched the coolant, and I only change the oil about every 7-8K miles. I don't think I've ever taken it to the car wash, and there is some rust on the exhaust, but the rest of the paint has held up real well. I am very happy with my Focus!!

great car

by rising fuel prices not a big concern in a focus from buffalo,ny on Wed Apr 16 2008

awesome gas milage, stick is fun to drive and has been very reliable for a cheap car. average gas milage 35+

great practical car

by BBBassist from Waltham, Ma on Fri Sep 27 2013

I've had the car about 3 weeks. It rides better then the Mazda Protege5 I traded in though the Mazda did handle slightle better. I'm used to driving stick so the automatic has taken a bit to get used to, but it does have good pick up, you just have to hit the gas pedal a bit harder. I'm a musician and it's a perfect car for me, plenty of room and decent mileage.

Nice car with out the sticker shock

by Focus Fanatic from Gainesville, VA on Tue Dec 04 2007

My 2005 ZX3 is one of best small cars I've ever driven let alone owned. I loved my 2000 ZX3 so much, that I bought another one! It's roomy enough for passengers in the back (even my 6'1" husband can sit back there comfortably) unlike so many other hatchbacks. The back seat can also lay down flat to allow for packing large/awkward items in the trunk more easily. All of the controls are within easy reach of the driver, although I am lucky enough to also have the radio/cd controls on the steering wheel stick. Five cupholders are also very conveniently located for the commuter driver or someone with children. The car handles nicely, but don't expect a BMW ride. I personally find the performance fine for my daily driving, although my husband dislikes the "lack of power" produced by the 136hp inline 4. It's also great on gas - I average 28 combined mileage, with 34-35 on the highway.

origional owner

by origional owner from Denver on Sun Jun 13 2010

great performer and no trouble for 95K all maint myself! replaced the strut rod connectors after they started rattling at 70 k

great gas saving

by Car Enthusiast from redmond, WA on Tue Jul 04 2006

Good performace of the Focus. It reveals itself mainly in the car?s crisp cornering ability and its roomy, upright, ergonomically oriented interior. Hatchback models look sharper than the sedans and are practical for carrying cargo

1 2 3 4 5 6

Our Take on the 2005 Ford Focus

For '05, Focus is on styling, lower emissions

Ford says consumers will be happy to know they can get a PZEV or a ULEV Focus for the '05 model year.

Of course, consumers probably would be even happier if they knew what PZEV or ULEV means.

PZEV stands for partial zero-emission vehicle and ULEV stands for ultra-low-emission vehicle. PZEV means the car produces about the same amount of emissions as a gas/electric vehicle, and ULEV means it isn't as clean as a gas/electric but still produces fewer emissions than a non-ULEV vehicle.

For 2005 the compact Ford Focus, which is now at dealerships, has replaced its 2-liter, 110-horsepower single-overhead cam and 2-liter, 130-h.p. dual-overhead cam... Read More