2013 Focus Electric

2013 Ford Focus Electric

2013 Ford Focus Electric

4.5

Have you driven the 2013 Ford Focus Electric?

The next best thing

by Electric Cars 4 life from on Wed Mar 30 2016

My boyfriend I just purchased this Ford Focus after doing a lot of research on electric cars. We had purchased the Nissan Leaf a year ago but unfortunately got into a bad accident which left us having to find an alternative. Thankfully, we decided to do some more research and came across this car! Thank goodness we did because we are absolutely over the moon with it. Wonderful looking car exterior and interior. Rides so smoothly, acceleration on the car is excellent and had more features than the Nissan leaf. It can go around 70-85 per range and now a days with many public places installing charging stations makes it more conveinient to charge when running errands, etc.

Apart from Tesla, the best EV available

by FocusEV from Los Angeles, CA on Fri Dec 27 2013

I've had my FFE for three months, and I've driven 7500 miles without a drop of gas. It's quiet, smooth, has plenty of power. It goes up the freeway passes with plenty of reserve. Range is about 70 miles with normal freeway driving. It will go 85, but you will zen out and love driving 65 with great economy and range. It doesn't look dorky like a Leaf, it's under-the-radar. Plan on getting a 220 Volt charger, it makes the thing so much more practical. Between the government rebates, Ford discounts, and gas savings the car is practically free to own. It's not just for neighborhood use....the car saves money when it's on the road covering miles and saving gas. I charge up at home and at work (which is free to me) so for 2000 miles a month, my electricity bill went up only about $30. Be sure to check this out, don't get a Volt or Leaf just by default.

Amazing vihicle

by Pastrdj from Melbourne, FL on Fri Aug 02 2013

I have owned this car for three months and it has been fantastic. We installed solar panels on the roof of our house so we are driving completely on sunshine. No carbon footprint, smooth, quick acceleration, ultra quiet, sharp looking, reliable...If you can get by with driving less than 80 miles between charges, it's a terrific car.

2013 Focus Electric

by Ralph from Marion , Ohio on Mon Mar 04 2013

Just an absolutely amazing vehicle. The vehicle is silky smooth . I think the brakes feel better than a regular vehicle. Installed level 2 charger at home and drive 79 miles round trip a day. Traded in a 2012 Focus that i really as well. But there is something really cool about not buying any gas.Have owned for 3 weeks and so far been absolutely the right decision.

Remarkable Car

by P.D. from Melbourne, FL on Mon May 27 2013

A nearly perfect car for my driving needs. Smooth, quiet, fast, fun, and no gasoline ever. If you need to drive over 100 miles in a day or carry a ton of stuff, look elsewhere, but other than that, I highly recommend it.

Ford Focus Electric

by Mike from nj on Thu Dec 26 2013

Pro: - Gas free - I power with 100% wind energy - Lease was $3750 down, $188/month for 2 yrs. Great deal - Great styling and quality Con: - Trunk space minimal due to battery - Lack of public charging/range anxiety Notes - Range varies with temperature: 40 miles if charging outside on a 20 degree day. 93 miles if charging in summer - Gains 20 miles of driving range per hour on 240 volt charger - An electric only car is perfect if you have a 2 car household. Use the EV for 95% of your running around and the legacy vehicle for the 5% of the time you need to drive long distances. For a 1 car household, get a plug in hybrid like the Volt or Ford's Energi line - Several recalls in effect

Very nice!

by Green Roger from Atlanta, GA on Mon Mar 11 2013

Ride is very nice, acceleration is invigorating, interior is excellent quality, no gas what is there not to like. If it had ECO cruise (like in the C-Max) it would be a 5 star ride for my 80 mile commute. Great job Ford!

Great commuter car

by ChrisL from Steamboat Springs, CO on Tue May 29 2018

I loved owning this car. In addition to reducing the gas bill and my carbon footprint, it required almost no maintenance, had great acceleration, was comfortable, and got me back and forth to work (32 miles roundtrip) twice on a single charge. The storage space is limited by the battery, but for a simple commuter car that's not much of a concern. The only reason I recently parted ways with this vehicle was that I moved to the mountains, about 100 miles away from the nearest Ford dealership approved to work on EV's. I got a "Stop Safely Now" message on the car, which would disable the vehicle once it came to a stop. The local Ford dealer wouldn't even look at the car, so I was forced to tow it to the nearest dealer with an EV technician. The car didn't have the range to make it there, even if it was safe to drive, and Ford would only reimburse me for the first $100 of a tow. So eventually I bit the bullet, paid big bucks, and got the Focus down to a dealer that replaced the high voltage battery cable, and fixed the problem. But because of the logistics, it ended up being too much hassle to own this car away from a metro area with a qualified dealership. So my suggestion to prospective buyers: make sure you live near an approved Ford dealership that works on EV's, get the extended warranty that covers the drive train and electrical system, and make sure you can install a 240V electrical outlet at your home for fast charging on the car. If you can check off all those things, and have a commute less than about 70 miles roundtrip, do not hesitate to buy this vehicle. For around $10k it's a steal!!!

Easy business

by ayman mahmoud on Fri Jul 28 2017

Great ...

Not enough advertisement for this car!

by Electric car advocate from Santa Cruz, California on Mon Jan 05 2015

My wife and I drove and reviewed many electric cars over the course of 3 years. We finally installed solar energy in our home which prompted us to look very seriously We truthfully did not know that Ford offered an electric car. After we visited a local Ford dealer we were so impressed we bought it. We have been very happy and surprised. It is so fun to drive, and we have achieved up to 110 mile range (even though they said we would get 77). We love seeing how we start with a certain range, and come home having used very little after a lot of driving. If people knew how cool they were they would definitely look at electric cars - we don't care what the price of gas is anymore!

1 2