2014 Ford Focus Electric

No more gas stations

by from Sacramento, CA on September 7, 2017

Imagine driving by gas stations and waving instead of stopping. That's me, now that I own an Electric Focus. And, there are many places with free electricity in Sacramento, including my employer. In the Bay Area, I have access to the carpool lane even when driving solo because it comes with the "clean-air sticker." If I run the air conditioning, I get 70 miles; otherwise, I get closer to 90 miles per charge. Overall, I love my Ford Focus Electric.

Awesome clean looking car

by from Phoenix Arizona on August 21, 2017

Awesome and clean inside and out, really love the fact you can save money on not paying for gas and doing the earth some good. Zero emissions is a plus too!!
Not Rated Reliability

Very sporty car ... no gas

by from Canton on July 30, 2017

Very realibe car,, no major issues.... very sporty car handles well very nice looking a with plenty of performance

Great Commuter Car, gives access to HOV lane

by from Valley Center, CA on May 6, 2017

I love the car, handles great and has great pick up. The Ford sync features are excellent tools for hand free driving. The Ford App lets me monitor the charging of my car throughout the day and even allows me to control the charging during the day to use the lowest voltage rate.

Amazing Car

by from Brunswick, OH on March 9, 2017

I love this car and it is amazing. It is very reliable and stylish. It is a great car to get around in.

Great second car

by from Ann Arbor, Michigan on January 14, 2017

We are nearing the end of a 3 year lease on a 2014 Ford Focus Electric. It has been a trouble free second car that is great for 50 miles per charge even in January in Michigan (the heater reduces driving range); much longer in summer (A/C less taxing on range). A full charge is easily obtained overnight on 110 Volt plug. I look to get a 2017 Focus electric as replacement, it has improved range and charge times.

Great retirement car

by from North Carolina on February 5, 2016

Having been retired for 15 years, I noticed that my daily driving routine is limited to shorter trips with less range. So I decided to try an electric car and give my granddaughter my Mercedes SL. The Ford is so comfortable, fitted with technology so well, and so suited to driving around town that I do not miss the convertible at all. It has been extremely reliable and not having gas or any maintenance has been a real plus. The mileage range goes between 75 and 110 depending upon how the car is driven. I do keep a Mercedes sedan as a road car for long trips. But find the electric car extremely practical for daily use.

green car with the confort

by from San Diego, CA on December 19, 2014

comfortable handling, with the state and Federal incentives....well worth it. But watch out, if a timer meter is not installed, you have to wake-up before midnight to charge your car to get the low rate...especially in Southern California where Electric rate is triples of the national average!!

From Volt to Focus Electric

by from Batavia, IL on September 10, 2014

My experience with the Volt was incredible. I will never understand the unfounded criticism of the vehicle. So why get something different? After three years with the Volt, my wife and I discovered we rarely drove over 50 miles a day. Sure it was great to have the Volts gas backup, but even then we would rarely go over 100 miles in a day. The only gripe on the Volt would have been heating it in the winter. This past winter in Chicago was brutal, and the Volt would run the gas engine periodically when the temperature went below 35F. This was to protect the battery. Because of this, I was unable to preheat the Volt with my garage door down when the temp went below 35. With the Focus Electric, the car will be nice and toasty, or nice and cool. You can even have it scheduled for when you leave! I've had the car for a month now, and I'm getting about 100 miles per charge. I know this because I've driven two and from our summer place in WI twice, with about 30 miles to spare. The car drives well, and seems to want to drive faster on the interstate. I did not get that feeling in the Leaf. Another benefit over the volt, is the shockingly fast charge times. When the battery is almost depleted, I can get about 25 miles/per hour on a 240. One last benefit, is that it's a 5 seater. I've got two kids and they can now bring a friend along. If you do want to buy this car, you're going to have to look hard. These care are few and far between. I actually had to leave the Chicago area and drive to WI to buy mine. Well worth the trip though. Super happy with it. In closing, if you have any type of range anxiety with electric cars, PLEASE buy a Volt! You won't be disappointed. If you want to go all electric, I'd recommend a Focus EV.