2015 Focus ST

2015 Ford Focus ST

2015 Ford Focus ST

Have You Driven the 2015 Ford Focus ST?

Checks all my boxes

by Rexaplenty from Houston, Texas on Mon Jul 06 2015

The Ford Focus ST I purchased at AutoNation Katy checks all the boxes I was wanting for a car. It is practical, yet it performs well. I'm running regular gas in this car (I only buy from majors - Shell, Exxon, Chevron etc.). I really like the feature that allows me to quickly determine which station in the area has the best price. The engine is still getting broke in - I'm getting a little over 21 mpg and expect that it will improve marginally. The car runs like it has a turbo button. I like high-performance cars, but I realize that this car is not a high performance car (like a Shelby Cobra or Corvette, for instance), but it has more than enough power and handling to hold its own on the highway. The interior is well appointed but a little stiff. I drove my Mustang Cobra for 12 years, so I expect I will get used to it as I drive. The Sony sound system is great, the Sirrius XM 5 year subscription is also good. Being as I am a commuter (about 50 miles/day), I also greatly appreciate the traffic reports, as they allow me to plan my commute a little more effectively. Ford Sync is also a great feature, the hands-free does not work as well as I want it to sometimes, but it is a great feature As far as reliability, I don't know how reliable this car will be as I have only put around 1300 miles on it. The warranty (36,000 bumper to bumper, 50,000 engine and drivetrain and 50,000 towing) is also a good feature (and one I hope I do not have to use). Lastly, I noted on my window sticker that this car also is one of the top safety picks, which is always a good thing if you're driving a small car - you want to be protected in the event you have an accident. I think the Focus ST is a great handling and good performing car that gets great gas mileage and is appointed nicely. I think this car was a great value for me, but I will need to see how the car holds up (20-30,000 miles) before I could give it the 5th star for reliability.

2015 Focus ST

by Viking69 from Everett, WA on Sun Jun 07 2015

I have the ST3 with the wheels upgrade in Performance Blue. I love the look of the car inside and out. I have driven conservatively for the first 2K miles, but have now had a chance to romp on it a bit. Yes, torque steer, and they warn you about that, but it does like to move. Corners are fun as it sticks as good or better than my Subaru Impreza GT and rides flatter thru the turns. The RECARO seats really help keep you planted. It has a good sound system, the Sync is ok, a bit talkative for when it doesn't understand, but it works. I didn't have time to wait for the RS in 2016.

Rocket

by Throttle from Billings, MT on Mon Feb 09 2015

This is a working mans mustang and it fits a baby seat in the back. If you drive conservative its just a regular focus but if you step on it you'll get around a big rig in no time on the highway and it sounds great while your doing it. Big smiles all round.

Revenge of the Econoboxes

by ando19446 from on Mon Apr 10 2017

The 2015 Ford Focus ST is powered by a 2 L turbo developing 252 HP and 270 ft-lbs of torque. The clutch and 6 speed manual work together well and the car is rock solid stable at triple digit speeds (on the test track of course). It is great fun to drive and mine has been completely trouble-free through over 68,000 miles. If you love driving you should at least test drive one. Not to mention it is invisible to State troopers and most other drivers think it is just an underpowered economy hatchback.

Great little second car

by Bob & Pam from Cape Coral, FL on Sun Apr 23 2017

Very satisfied with the car we purchased. It was very helpful to view a large selection to help us decide.

Love my car

by Donno from South Milwaukee on Wed Mar 15 2017

I have had many Ford cars and a couple Ford Focus. This car, by far, is the best car I have ever had!!

Fun Car

by STcal from on Thu Jul 02 2015

Just bought a 2015 ST3. Great car. Recaros help a lot. Definitely recommended, just watch out for the local authorities while enjoying yourself ;) Also if you buy one make sure to check out the Boomba Racing BOV. I have one on order cant wait to install it

Never will look at a Hyundai again

by Sold on Ford from Central Florida on Mon Nov 02 2015

We had a 2012 Hyundai Elantra. The styling was nice, the interior was nice and it sound like a tractor under it all. Mileage was no where what was promised. So we got rid of it. We now have a 2015 Ford Focus SE sedan with the sport package. Not only is the Focus nicer than the Hyundai, it was less expensive in 2015, than the Hyundai was in 2011, my insurance is cheaper, it rides far better and gets great mileage (high 30's to low 40's). This car is solid. When you close the door it sounds like a Lincoln or Mercedes. I've owned Ford's every since I started drive 30+ years ago, then I bought that stupid Hyundai. If you are looking for a well built, attractive and economical car. Do yourself a favor and look at the Focus.

Most fun to drive, I felt like a teenager

by Jean-Claude RAHIER from Lancaster California on Tue Jul 24 2018

WITH 253 hp. and a MANUAL transmission (which extremely, very extremely IMPORTANT to me) I really am disgust with automatic transmission) this car was Xmas every day of the year, my son and I had a hard time to let the other drive. Lots of power. Good brakes. I do regret this car but a big truck totally destroyed it when it rammed up from behind. Unfortunately my wife wanted me to get something more classy . I love this VOLVO too. It satisfy me in other ways (comfort, roomy space, silence, power), but alas with less fun>

Focus st

by Ghettofireman from Philadelphia, pa on Mon Apr 13 2015

The body is nice and it's comfortable. Not turbo lag but doesn't get traction and isn't that fast for a turbo car. If your looking for a car to keep stock this is might be the car to get. If your looking to mod it you will be very disappointed cause unless you up grade the turbo you won't gain much of anything. Then again if you upgrade the turbo then what is the point in getting a turbo car when any car can have a turbo put into it.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3 4

Our Take on the 2015 Ford Focus ST

Quicker and more extreme than most of its competitors, the new 2015 Ford Focus ST sacrifices some daily comfort for a wilder character.

High-performance compact cars are fun for everyone; they're generally affordable, reasonably efficient, tight-handling and useful sports machines that value balance and cornering more than brute force, like a typical American sports car.

The Europeans have always done these well, which explains why the 2015 Ford Focus ST is such an entertaining car to drive. When it burst onto the scene in 2012, enthusiasts loved it: Here was a true European-style hot hatch with a powerful motor, sophisticated chassis, aggressively bolstered seats and a short-throw manual transmission. It... Read More