2005 Freestar

4.7 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

Very pleased so far...3rd Ford minivan

by minivan for work from St.Paul, MN. on February 19, 2010

I work in the funeral industry. Minivans are a staple of our business. We deliver flowers, paperwork, do endless odd jobs, and yes, carry the obvious. Virtually every funeral home has at least one minivan. This is my 4th one. After a poor showing by Chrysler for my first one, I have driven Fords. I have been very pleased so far. All have had major mileage put on them with minimal problems. So far, this Freestar is the most refined. Love the seats and the way it drives. The factory tires are approaching their end and just like the last one, are Not the best winter tire. An easily remedied situation. Radio/cd player is very adequate for my needs. Seats were easily removed,never to be put in until resale. Plenty of cargo room in the back. Do wish Ford would have developed the stow and go seats like Chrysler did. I generally buy about 4 years old and keep for 2 to 3 years. To my regret, Ford stopped producing this van and the new Transit they offer will not meet my needs. Next one will need to be a Chrysler (much improved I hope) unless I am able to find a low mileage 2007 model in my color. This is my 3rd vehicle found on Cars.com The first was found at a local dealer. Went for one but ended up choosing another they had with the more rare and better smaller motor. It served me well with no expensive service requirements so did the same again for the next vehicle. Also found locally and an extremely nice vehicle. Still have it for my backup with 165,000 with no serious issues. For this 3rd one I had to venture further as the model is out of production. Wonderful to have a national search site like Cars.com. I found several that met my criteria of a balance of price/color/mileage. It had 12,000 less miles and $1200 less than anything closer to home. It was a nice little adventure going to Mississippi to get a car. I did it as an experiment. With airfare,food, gas, hotel, a speeding ticket in Ga (oops..10 year clean record shot) and a few days of lost work, savings were somewhat minimal. I did however have a fun experience and got to see some sites and long lost friends. All dealers dealt with were very professional and the time saved running around looking made car shopping a pleasant experience. I m already searching for my next vehicle. Cars.com is the way to go

first car i am happy with

by shney from new york on August 18, 2009

have the car for 2 years now no problems at all. got the car with 70,000 miles now i am holding by 100,000 and still no mechanical issues only regular maintenance. the only cone is the gas in the city.

My favorite car have ever owned

by Boilerman from central New Hampshire on October 17, 2009

After being a die hard Ford hater and not wanting anything to do with this van my friend from the Ford dealer convinced us to buy it from thier rental fleet (1 model year old and 12k) now 3.5 years later and with 100k on it I hate the thought of giving it up. rides great, decent mileage, tows a popup and seat 7 faily comfortably. It does everything our family of 4 asks and the styling has grown on me.The wife wants to trade for a Volvo or Jeep but dont compare with room, and convienence or ride quality. Brake pads and tires thats it.

Wonderful vehicle

by Cindy from Columbus, Ohio on April 29, 2008

I bought mine used and it only has 46,352 miles on it. The van is wonderful for space. I love that you can fold the back seat down into the floor and use that space for hauling groceries or whatever it is needed for. I would recommend this van to anyone. Even with gas prices as high as they are, we are getting good gas mileage out of this vehicle. I really wish the lights would come on when you start the car and stay. I had a Chevy Malibu and I loved that feature out the car. Other than that feature, I would never own another Chevy in my life. I also own a Ford Taurus SE car. It was the replacement for my Malibu. I love it also. I am now sold on Ford cars.

Best Value Comfort Performance

by Minivan Convert from on January 29, 2011

This vehicle is loaded with features and a comfortable ride in both the front and rear seats. One touch adjusting seats, keyless entry, heated seats, multiple zone temp controls to name a few. I love the low end torque of this vehicle. The rear DVD player is great for entertaining the kids while we drive. Gas mileage on the 4.2L isn't great but much better than the SUVs we looked at.

i realy love it ,its fun to drive

by luck170 from tenn on December 10, 2007

i like the truck like features , i like the way you set up , and the ride is really grate for a minevan ,and its not that bad on gas ,compaired to most 7 passenger vehicles we our happy with are old folks van

Owner of 2005 Freestar SEL

by raypfob from Calgary, AB. on February 6, 2013

This is an allround great Van. Plenty of Power.. one of the best "roadhandling" Vans I have owned..plenty of space and comfort. Love this Van.

I love my van

by newspapermaker from Battle Creek, MI on March 25, 2013

This vehicle is a very good buy for me. I don't think I have been happier with any other vehicle that I have purchased. It drives beautifully and is very comfortable. If I had to make a complaint about it that would be I don't like where the e-brake is.

happy

by vic from pittsburg kansas on May 21, 2013

just love it. jesus bless my wife and myself. we just use the van for the lord work. It is so comfortable for my wife and myself.

A Ford

by Hilda Weeks from Falkville on June 3, 2017

I think it's a good vehicle it has 4dr and 3 seat's And.It has front & rear A/C and its comfortable and it has space

1 2