2006 Freestar

2006 Ford Freestar

$99 - $8,211  MSRP Range
2006 Ford Freestar

Have You Driven the 2006 Ford Freestar?

Ford Quality is Job 1

by Mini Van Dad from Seattle, WA on Tue Apr 12 2011

We purchased our 2006 Ford Freestar used with 60,000 miles after having driven our Ford Windstar with 170,000 miles and trading in for something with less miles. Again, we were absolutely (and have been) impressed with the Ford Mini Van Line. The Vehicle is a MUST have for large families. So many great things could be said about this vehicle the list would exhaustive!

Best campingcar and most reliable

by needed a camping car but didnt want an SUV from colorado on Thu Aug 16 2007

we bought the base modle SE and we liked it all we needed was a car that had lots of room in it to sleep and such and wasnt expensive but really reliable. we did the fold and tumble thing with the 2 row seats and folded the 3 row into the floor and put a blanket down and every one had a good night sleep but we were just happy the van is tough and reliable becuase the moutain roads arnt forgiving. This van is one of the best if not the best its deffenitly more reliable then chrysler and alot more comfortable

SWEEET

by in need of a big car from Maryland on Thu Aug 16 2007

we wanted a big car but not a gas guzling SUV so we looked at the minivans and got to feel them and wow this van is soo comfortable and trust worthy and im glad the interiior can take a kick because my kids wont stay still. we really like the van with the bench becuase we have kids but also we sleep on car trips, but the thing we like most of all is the giant cabin and passenger spacethe gas millage isnt bad either we usually get around 25and in the city about 20 though this van is so nice that when we came to our cousins house the saw it and wanted to buy one for them self but this van is the best most comfortable car youll ever drive

very reliable

by bargain hunter from huntingdon, tn on Tue Oct 12 2010

have almost 90,000 miles on my van and only problem has been with brakes. Have had rotors turned twice. Vehicle handles great. Averages about 20 mpg. Would definitely recommend this vehicle.

Best Minivan I've Had

by Traveling Salesman from Raleigh, NC on Thu Dec 20 2007

I use this 2006 Freestar for my work van. Have put 54,000 mostly highway miles on it in 2 years and have had not one problem. I love the handling on the highway and the highway gas mileage is not too bad, about 22-23 mpg with the 4.2L engine. Plenty of space in this full size minivan for hauling all of my equipment. Driver seat is very comfortable for long trips and the driver visibility is superb. I like the turn signal lighting and the LED indicators in the side mirrors. The automatic dimming of the rear view mirror at night is a nice feature. My Freestar blows away the two Honda Odysseys (2000 and 2003) we've had for the family. We finally gave up on the family Odyssey and replaced it with a Ford Escape. I can't believe Ford has dropped the Freestar from it's line. Anyone can get a lemon, but I highly recommend this minivan if you need one, you just can't have mine.

Another reliable Ford

by Multiple car owner from Oklahoma City, OK on Fri Mar 21 2008

A great minivan! I wanted to get a pickup truck for hauling, but my wife didn't like that idea, so we compromised and decided on a minivan so we could also use it for trips. We checked out Chryslers, Hondas, and Fords, and decided on a Ford Freestar because of our good experience with previous Ford vehicles. I was too late getting a new one, so we found a used 06 Freestar SE that had the right options and a great price. So far, after about 21,000 miles, with about 54,000 total miles on the van, we have had zero problems and lots of fun. It is surprisingly comfortable and quiet on both city and highway roads and gets decent gas mileage. Seats are great, with plenty of comfort for both arms. Driving position is perfect for both of us. The only thing I didn't like about the interior is all the hard plastics that are used throughout the cabin. At least it looks OK and is easy to clean. I like the deep well in the rear. It's almost like a trunk. Great for groceries and other stuff. The middle row of bucket seats are very easy to fold out of the way, and is also easy to remove. I like the four options the third row seat provides. Plenty of power points and cupholders, too. The power from the 3.9L V6 engine could be better, but for a minivan, it's pretty good and will decently accelerate up to speed. The handling is surprisingly good for a tall minivan, and braking is top notch. Compared with other minivans, the Freestar is much better overall. We definitely recommend it!

Way to go Canucks on this swan song vehicle!

by Texruss from Abilene, Texas on Sat Dec 22 2007

I really hate the fact the 2006 Freestar model was the end of the line for this great model line. I have a 2006 SEL model and it is the best van I have driven. I drove a full size Dodge van for 13 years and a 2001 Windstar for five years prior to this van. I did a lot of research on cars.com before settling on another Ford van and I knew it was the end of the line model. The Freestar I bought was slightly used (13,000 in California as a rental...always do a car report before buying a vehicle!!) and I have 40,000 on it now in late 2007. It has been troublefree. I have replaced the tires and I always do a 3,000 mile oil change. I also run high octane gas 4 out of 5 tanks as I am a firm believer better octane is the best investment you can make for a long-lived engine. The performance is really snappy with the SEL 4.2 liter engine and cruises awesome at freeway speeds. It handles better in side shear winds than the Windstar. THe bigger engine means it gets at best 22 MPG highway. Most of the time I get 18 to 19. But I like the power and the room of this van and I'm not ready for a puny underpowered vehicle until gas hits above 5 bucks. I like the comfortable seats as I drive a lot and I don't need to get wore out by the seats! Biggest gripe...The arm rests are kind of puny and there isn't a good rest for your left arm. But the seat comfort offsets those issues in my opinion. I recently drove a 1,000 mile round trip and wasn't wiped out so I speak from some seat experience. The price is great on this vehicle as I got it for $18,000. I got this van because my daughter was getting married and I gave her my 2001 Windstar with 120,000 miles and she has had great luck with it for the past 6 months. These vehicles do depreciate pretty drastically, but keep it well-maintained and you should find the resale value will be better than a decent old truck. I hope the Canadians found new jobs, because they did a great job on these Ford vans!

Suberb Van

by wife with 5 kids from Alabama on Wed Aug 15 2007

this van is way better then any honda or odyssey I've ever driven This van is awesome! power,space,and better it keeps the kids quiet on long trips with the DVD system and we didnt get the power doors because were always scared they will oper so we just get the regular doors. But overall this van is the best out there

Rolo Tomassi

by Rolo Tomassi from Cleveland, OK on Sun Jan 31 2010

good van, needs power drivers seat and power sliders, good dependable van, good gas mileage of 20-23

Stay Away

by Star from Virginia on Sat Apr 11 2015

Wish this van was better due to it being roomy and nice inside. However..had only 60,000 miles and had to replace transmission and soon after that computer module. Stayed in garage for two months couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start until tech finally found out it was computer module. Now again had to replace it and it's still quitting on me for the fourth trip back to "re program reset codes"....I'm getting rid of it soon.

Does not recommend this car!!

1 2 3