2007 Freestyle

4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

All Reviews

A winner

by Captain Picnic from Prescott,Arizona on March 6, 2010

We traded our 2002 Ford Explorer for an 2007 FWD Freestyle SEL about 8 months ago.This is a terrific vehicle in styling,comfort,utility,performance,and reliability.The first time my sister took it on a long road trip she called enroute to ask if I thought the gas gauge was faulty.This question came because of the gas tank indicator dropping so slowly,mileage turned out to be around 32mpg with cruise set at 75.Keep up the good work Ford!!

I love my Freestyle!

by Ruthie from Mississippi on October 13, 2009

This is by far the best car I have ever owned. I bought it used with 36K miles on it and was a little leary of it but it is just great! The ONLY thing I have a problem with is there happens to be no auxillary plug in on it for my MP3 player. But I can live with that. I can't believe Ford discontinued this car, what a mistake. My husband has a 2008 Taurus X which is what they renamed it before they discontinued it. He loves his too!

Funnest "mom" car I've ever driven

by Ford girl from Tallapoosa, GA on May 15, 2008

I love my new Freestyle! Before, I had a 2004 Ford Freestar. It didn't handle very well and even though it was a minivan it sometimes felt cramped. My Freestyle looks more like a car but has plenty of room for my family of 5 and all of our stuff because it is designed smarter to maximize space. It handles like a car and I have so many extra features--heated leather seats, adjustable pedals and front seats, 6 disc cd/mp3 radio, full airbags in front and side airbags for second and third rows, etc.-- that it feels like a luxury car, not the soccer mom's minivan. It also gets great gas mileage. I'm averaging 22.4 MPG in the city, which is much better than 16 MPG in my minivan. My kids love it too. They think the seats are roomy and the leather makes it more comfortable.

So far satisfied

by Dewey from Michigan on December 13, 2010

So far we've really enjoyed our Ford Freestyle. It handles well and is very comfortable to drive. It gets decent gas mileage, about 20 in town and around 27 on the road at 70 mph. It's very simple and quick to lay down the seats in order to haul large items. I've enjoyed the CVT. When driving in hilly terrain with cruise control you don't have to worry about the transmission down shifting when you go up hills. We've really enjoyed the dual automatic temperature control. My wife always wants it cooler than I do so now we can both be satisfied.

Thrift Motors Irvington, NJ..AWESOME!!!

by Mimi In Connecticut from West Hartford, CT on January 11, 2015

Had a Thanksgiving Sunday accident on Mass Pike, 2 cars slammed me from behind in my beloved 2007 Ford Freestye.....trailer hitch took all of the damage! Car was totaled due to frame bent from trailer hitch shoved under the car. Found another 2007 Ford Freestyle at Thrift Motors in Irvington, NJ...THIS IS HOW ALL CAR SALES PEOPLE SHOULD BE, NOT JUST USED CAR SALESMEN! Great out of state transaction, GREAT CAR! I am so happy to have my safe Ford Freestyle back and from a wonderful, honest, helpful, car dealer! Thank you to John and Uncle Sal at THRIFT MOTORS, IRVINGTON, NJ!

Super car, just what I wanted

by Mom from McKinney, TX on October 1, 2008

I love the fact that I have everything I wanted in a car. Its easy to get in and out, I have a very variable space, it has enough umph for me and its not so bulky like an SUV or Van. Its just all i wanted in a car.

Perfect!

by Campfisher from Salem, Oregon on March 24, 2011

I purchased the 2007 Freestyle used. I was looking for significant cargo capacity for camping and a comfortable cruiser for long road trips plus all wheel drive features. This vehicle delivers on all accounts. Extremely smooth on the freeway and carries tons of stuff. It is very heavy which contributes to the smooth ride but makes it a little sluggish around town, which for me is a justifiable trade-off. I average about 25 MPG on the freeway and 22 around town. Great creature comforts too. Sweet ride for a middle-aged man.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

One of the best

by Car man from Greenville SC. on December 5, 2008

The ford freestyle is a great car. I go up steap hills almost every day with a 6 ft. lader inside and it has made it up every time. The all weel drive makes it grip to the road and handles great. I found my self doing 85 mph on the freeway and not even knowing it. The ford freestyle is a great car that might you a speeding tickit. I probly should slow down!!

Good used market value

by Wally from Munster, IN on October 4, 2011

I have owned the 2007 Freestyle for four months. It, so far, has proved to be an excellent choice. There are a lot of convenience features. I bought the "Limited" version and it came with a ton of standard features. My only regret is that Ford stopped making this vehicle. I would definitely be interested in another one in about 4 years.

Best car I have owned

by Hot Rod and custom car enthusiast from Florida on June 7, 2007

I bought a 2007 freestyle after many years of owning very expensive German and Japanese cars that cost a fotrune to maintain. The Freestyle is a better all around car than any of those I have owned before. It has good performance, handles well, is very comfortable, is fun to drive, hauls a lot, and gets fantastic mileage for such a big car (22 mpg. city and 29 to 30 mpg. highway). I love the silky sooth CVT transmission and powerful 4-wheel disc brakes. The fit and finish are superb. The leather interior is very comfortable and handsome. My wife and I both love to drive the car. Friends who have ridden in it cannot believe it only cost around $30,000 nicely equipped. Ford is building a high quality, pleasing and practical vehicle for everyday use. It has been trouble-free and has needed only oil changes since new. This is a great car at any price but for what Ford is selling them, this is an amazing buy.

1 2 3 4