2003 Mustang

4.7 out of 5 starsValue for the Money
4.6 out of 5 starsReliability

2003 Mustang Convertible Deluxe

by 2003 Drop Top from Chillicothe,Ohio on July 7, 2011

We were looking for a nice convertible for our money and we found it in a 2003 Mustang Convertible Deluxe with the Pony package. Great looking car inside and out. Really fun to drive. We wouldn't have found it without Cars.com. We hope to enjoy this car for a long time to come. Very pleased with the purchase !

My favorite car

by zoom from philadelphia, pa on August 14, 2007

What can I say? It's an excellent ride and an even more fun to drive. Has power, agility, looks, and is a blast.

For Sure Betty

by Betty Blue from San Diego, CA on October 22, 2015

Lucked out with taking a risk of buying a high mileage vehicle with a sure bet deal. I continued this well maintained for another 80k miles as I know she'll still kick as she gallops for at least another 158k. I love the way the tires sound like horse hoof shoes when horses walks on pavements. She can do almost anything a GT can do, without having to prove any points with noise. This V6 Base Stick still not only has incredible power up hills, but embraces instead of just hugging the highways & byways. She only seems to act up only if I test drive OTHER vehicles. This Midnight Mare Blue reflects like the natural mirror of water and thrives on all the positive stares and comments with here pinball pony carnival side decals almost makes here win every race, as only inventive Ford makes this car an All American Classic and keeps me young. This is the best Mustang I've ever had and I couldn't get rid of her if I tried. She won't let me.

Best bang for your buck.

by SVTOXFORD2003 from Orange County, Ca. on June 25, 2009

I bought my 03 Cobra new in January of 2004. I have just under 30,000 miles on it. I have always owned a Mustang over the last 20 years but this by far is the fastest i have ever owned. With just the 03 and 04 Cobras the only Mustangs ever to have independent rear suspension these cars are corner carvers period. The only drawback are the seats if your a bigger person or taller than 6 feet and 3rd gear can be a little hard to find if your this tall. The reason they underatted this Cobra is because of the 2001 Cobra that ended up having a recall because the 320hp it claimed to have was not showing up on the dyno and was only putting 235hp to the rear wheels. So there was a big recall on every one of those 2001 Cobra cars wich cosisted of a new intake and exhaust system plus tune that costed Ford a fortune and a Black eye to SVT. Mine was used as a test mule by K&N in Riverside for thier Cold air kit. All the pictures in the instruction manual is my car. Anyways stock all the way down to the air filter it put 365 Horsepower and Torque to the rear wheels which K&N gave me the print out. Which if you do the math at 15% drive lose equals 425 hp. These cars are cheap to Mod for $1500 (Pully, Tune, exhaust)you can have a car that is putting close to 475 hp to the rear wheels or more. You can also do a tune using a Hypertech hand held on a stock Cobra and get close to 410 to the rear wheels which i have done and the GT500 guys do not like it when you pull away from them. All in all a race car that i dare you to find a better bang for you buck.

Engine is bulletproof

by Ford4ever from North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina on September 21, 2006

The Mustang definitely has the looks, but unlike most cars, it has the brawn to back it up. And despite slightly cramped quarter, it is a very comfortable ride. But the best part is the engine. It runs smoother than most others out there. It idles so well, you wouldnt think it was on, and it drives so well you would think you were coasting.

2003 Mustang Cobra Convertible - Tan over White

by CaliCobraLuvr from Bay Area, California on December 11, 2008

'03-'04 Terminator Cobra is the best performance value on the planet. Bought it used w/3000 miles on the clock. I was skeptical of Ford's current ability to produce a reliable performance vehicle of this caliber but took a chance anyway. I have owned it for over 4 years, put 54,000 miles on it, and it's been a complete joy. No mechanical problems of any kind in spite of some 'spirited' driving! The drivetrain is a jewel of modern engineering with it's hand-assembled 32-valve DOHC supercharged engine, dual-overdrive 6 speed and grippy independent rear suspension. Chassis and interior are a bit dated, but retains a watertight seal for the top and doors thanks to the factory subframe connectors. Even with all that performance potential if I keep my foot out of it I still get 20MPG. My biggest complaint is the way it eats tires. I have to purchase a new set every year. Ouch!

Great car

by Mustang Crazy from Louisiana on September 2, 2012

This is my 3rd Mustang and my second one in this body style. It's dependable, comfortable and stylish. It's performance is above average. I would recommend the GT or Cobra version.

So far so good

by Oldtimer from Cleveland Ohio on February 12, 2008

I have owned this vehicle for about a year and it has been 5 out of 5 stars in every subject.There is really nothing that it needs.

A True Muscle Car!

by Mustang Enthusiast from Brookings, South Dakota on April 29, 2008

I purchased my 2003 GT with a little over 60,000 miles on it. You couldn't tell if it was new or not! The manual is the way to go If you like the green light. The V8 makes an awesome rumblin' sound that really turns heads. It's a super sonic blue with black interior. It is so reliable has great get up and go when you want it to. The only thing that has had to be replaced on this 'stanger was the windshield wipers and tires. I never want to let it go! Great all around fun!

2003 Mustang G.T.

by Bulldog 44 from Troy, Mi on June 23, 2014

I just picked up my 2003 Mustang G.T. from a local dealer. I saw it advertised on "cars.com" and took delivery of it last week. It's a low mileage vehicle which has been well maintained. I'll only be driving it on sunny weekends and plan to have some fun. It's got a V-8 / five speed manual and flowmaster exhaust. The only regret I have is I should have looked into the Mach 1 edition, it has a 4.6 V-8/ 32v vs. my 4.6 V-8/ 16v. For the record, I'm sixty five years old.

1 2 3 4 5 6