1992 Ford Probe Consumer Reviews

4.5
Average based on 2 reviews

Fun

by from Alabama on March 10, 2012

This was one of the first cars I owned and still do. I am the 2 owner of the car and its still great! I read another review that is very wrong about the car. It is not hard to park I have the same engine have never had the front end break on me. The guy "Classic Car and Buggies Fan" must be a bad driver as I had none of the problems he lists happen to my car or to any of other people I know that have the same car. There are lots of fan clubs for the 1992 Fod probe dont trust all the reviews on this site look at the clubs also.

Great car with great Mileage

by from Southeast Michigan on October 17, 2007

Great car for the average sized person (tall guys are a bit uncomfortable with low roof). Handled very well with slightly wider tires than original. Never a problem with 5-speed manual transmission. Engine did well until just over 150K, then died. AC stopped functioning under 100K miles. One other problem - the low front end kept hitting the ground, curbs, parking blocks, ramps, etc. until the grill-like components broke; always had to be careful parking and driving into/out of sloped areas. Fun to drive and lots of room for stuff under the hatch. Did fine towing relatively light loads, too. Enjoyed the sunroof option a lot. I've been driving it for 14 years and it still gets 30+ mpg, even with a peppier replacement engine.