1993 Ford Ranger

Running strong 24 years later

by from Mount Vernon, WA on June 16, 2017

My '93 Ford Ranger XLT is the regular cab with 3.0L V6 and is rear-wheel drive. My wife's grandfather bought it new in 1993 and we inherited it in 2012 with 109,000 miles on the odometer. This truck has been extremely reliable, even though it's 24 years old. I have only replaced parts that wear out over time. I have not had to do any extreme repairs outside of routine maintenance. The seats are comfortable, but being 6'3" sitting in the regular cab can feel a little cramped. I have driven it in snow multiple times without any traction issues. The truck rides smooth even at 70mph. I still get between 21-24mpg depending on the weather/route. These are fantastic trucks and super cheap to maintain. I would recommend one to anyone who needs a small truck with decent gas mileage.

saved my life

by from on September 19, 2013

i flipped my truck over about 4 years ago and I didn't get hurt at all. I broke the axle and missed the gas tank up. but I didn't move at all in my seat. sug as a bug in a rug.... and my dad worked on it for a little bit and I drove it the rest of my junior and senior year and it still runs today.

Why does Ford make these?

by from Troy,MI on July 17, 2012

The Ford Ranger is just not good. I Don't like it at all. Please don't buy one. I would never ever recomend.

AWESOME TRUCK!!

by from New Jersey on February 18, 2012

For some reason my Ranger just doesn't die, I have used it every day as a work horse truck and its the truck that never stops delivering outstanding power and reliability!

Very Reliable Vehicle From My experiences

by from Chicago IL on September 17, 2007

My dads pickup that I drive quite often. It's stick so its fun to drive and I also learned to drive stick on it. Its a old SPLASH version and to tell you the truth, they are quite rare in SPLASH. There is 270,000 miles on this thing and it still runs normally.

Our Expert Review: 1993 Ford Ranger