1993 Ford Ranger consumer reviews

$8,781–$12,898 MSRP range
side view of 1993 Ranger Ford
Explore the 1993 Ford Ranger
4.1

Great truck for the money

197,000 miles and took a 900 mile trip with no problems at all. 4cyl not a lot of power but ample enough. I love this t truck.

4.3

Reliable, easy to work on, Goes anywhere you need

Did everything I could’ve asked, had its kinks but once you get through the old truck phase you’ll never know something more reliable. Not as much room as some would like but for a 2 passenger truck it does the job extremely wel

3.9

One of the most reliable trucks I’ve ever had!!!

Always starts, runs and drives excellent. No major issues or problems other than a bit of rust. Found it with very low mileage and basically sitting for a decade. Needed TLC, and afterwards a true gem. If you were too throw a new box or fender flares, it would look really nice. I guess I didn’t care about the looks at the time, just reliability, and once a battery and fuel lines were replaced, it was already good to go. But I invested a lot more into making it perfect, oil change and coolant flush immediately after the battery and break lines. Forgot about the fuel pump needed replacement, so that was replaced to before driving home. Has lots of new parts though. Great on gas too!

4.4

1993 Ford Ranger 4X2, reg cab, V6 4.0L, Auto

Great little truck. Because of it's small size it can go into tight places. I pull a 5'X16" trailer to pick up limbs and supplies from the hardware store. I installed 30X9.50x15 tires and did not affect it much. Still pulls like a mule. it is not a speed demon. I am 6'3" so I am a little cramped that's why I did not give it a 5 in comfort or interior design.

4.1

nice looking little truck

would be good for all around vehicle to use every day and to work small jobs for the size of truck good on fuel economy

4.0

Running strong 24 years later

My '93 Ford Ranger XLT is the regular cab with 3.0L V6 and is rear-wheel drive. My wife's grandfather bought it new in 1993 and we inherited it in 2012 with 109,000 miles on the odometer. This truck has been extremely reliable, even though it's 24 years old. I have only replaced parts that wear out over time. I have not had to do any extreme repairs outside of routine maintenance. The seats are comfortable, but being 6'3" sitting in the regular cab can feel a little cramped. I have driven it in snow multiple times without any traction issues. The truck rides smooth even at 70mph. I still get between 21-24mpg depending on the weather/route. These are fantastic trucks and super cheap to maintain. I would recommend one to anyone who needs a small truck with decent gas mileage.

4.3

saved my life

i flipped my truck over about 4 years ago and I didn't get hurt at all. I broke the axle and missed the gas tank up. but I didn't move at all in my seat. sug as a bug in a rug.... and my dad worked on it for a little bit and I drove it the rest of my junior and senior year and it still runs today.

1.1

Why does Ford make these?

The Ford Ranger is just not good. I Don't like it at all. Please don't buy one. I would never ever recomend.

3.9

AWESOME TRUCK!!

For some reason my Ranger just doesn't die, I have used it every day as a work horse truck and its the truck that never stops delivering outstanding power and reliability!

2.9

Very Reliable Vehicle From My experiences

My dads pickup that I drive quite often. It's stick so its fun to drive and I also learned to drive stick on it. Its a old SPLASH version and to tell you the truth, they are quite rare in SPLASH. There is 270,000 miles on this thing and it still runs normally.