Read or write a review.

4.5
Average based on 6 reviews

Tough little pickup

by from PALM BEACH , FORIDA on March 30, 2008

I bought my 95 Ranger used in 1999 with 64,134 miles on the four cyl. engin. I ran the pickup until this year 2008 . The body was in great shape , but the underneath was rusted out . I did not take very good care of this vehicle , sad to say. This pickup never had an oil or filter change , oil was added when the oil pressure dropped to low , I seldom cheked it before that , no tune ups , or radiator flushing , it was driven daily and hauled larger loads than it was meant for from time to time . I had the 2 wheel drive 4 spd with overdrive , short bed , this was one of the most dependable vehicles I ever owned , plenty of power for a small truck . From 1999 until 2004 I had the truck in Maine and even on the coldest days it would start , I would use it to boost other vehicles. The engin still runs strong , no smoking or noise and the truck now has 140,000 miles on it , I changed brake pads once , otherwise I only put tires on it . THIS WAS ONE GREAT LITTLE TRUCK!!!!!

Low maintneance, good durability

by from San Francisco on January 19, 2007

Very little trouble since I bought it nearly 4 years ago. Has handled heavy loads, rough roads and bad weather very well. I would definitely by another one.

My boy "Blue" is over 200,000 miles loyal

by from Nashville, TN on November 30, 2007

It doesn't matter if the load is heavy or light he handles well. Very minor repairs and not often. I purchased it 12 years ago and we are still going strong. I would like to find a newer one with a little more power to get up the mountains I drive for work. Just don't think there is a more reliable ranger out there.

Great Ranger

by from Greensboro, NC on March 19, 2011

I have 180K miles on this thing and have just replaced the center drive shaft bearing. This vehicle has a 3.0 engine and gets 27 mpg. I had all the hoses replaced recently, the clutch has been replaced and the radiator was replaced a few years ago.

Awesome deal for the money

by from New York on June 12, 2012

I would like to thank cars.com and spankey's auto group for having the site and awesome deals on cars without the website I would still be without my new truck and the dealership was great they helped in every aspect of buying a new veichile the service was great and I would return to them to buy another car and they are four hours away thanks

Love my truck

by from Mo. on January 7, 2015

Mine has the 4.0 motor. I have 341,000 miles on it and its still going strong. I love it. With the 4-wheel drive, it will go just about anywhere. Great little truck for the money.

Our Expert Review: 1995 Ford Ranger