1999 Ranger

1999 Ford Ranger

1999 Ford Ranger

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Comfort

Have You Driven the 1999 Ford Ranger?

Ranger sport xlt super cab 4*2

by Mach1/ranger from Huron, CA on Sat Oct 08 2011

I got my 1999 ford ranger sport back in 2003, with 36K miles on it and now it has 229K miles...Its been up the mountains and to the coast, up to Reno nevada and down to michoacan mexico.... through the frigid cold to the scorching heat... This truck is a beat it down truck... And it will just keep going... keep up with its maintenance and I will take you where you wanna go... when it rains and play with my truck in the mud and it never gets stuck... I trust my ranger (my toy) more than my 2003 mach 1(my baby)... This truck is awesome...

Great Truck

by Dependent on the Ranger from Pearl River, LA on Sat Jul 29 2006

Well, I bought this truck a few years ago, have put about 90 thousand miles on it since without anything going out. Purchasing it with 73,000 on it. It's not the most powerful truck when you stomp it but for just touching it lightly it does pretty well for a 4 cylinder automatic. I have pulled many trailers that exceeded the factory pulling copacity just by putting on a stage 3 hitch. The engine runs like a charm. When I change my oil every 5 thousand miles it comes out clean(light coloured). And after comparing the price of this truck to others in it's class this is the best value truck to buy used. Plus it has the highest payload of any compact truck and can be built up to high comercial standards for about 1000 bucks, this is the work truck of the rest of the world no other truck in the U.S. is sold in other almost every country as a work truck. with a couple new shocks and springs it is rated at over 2 tons

My first Truck

by sportsdude89 from Rochester Hills, MI on Sat May 01 2010

I have the 4x4 XLT supercab flair side. I bought this Truck used with 78,000 miles on it, I now have 105,000+ on it. It has delivered for anything that I have needed for it to do for me. I now take it up to college with me and it doesn't mind the extra driving. My friend has needed to haul stuff numerous times and my Ranger has help him get the job done with no problems! Mine has the AM/FM CD & Cassette, everything power, great inside & out!

this is a verry good pickup

by tmoney from South Dakota on Wed Jan 20 2010

i have put about 50000 miles on it and only put a belt and u joints and a barty in it it has 110000 mils on it b 4 my ranger i hanea 99 nissan frontier and it was a pice of junk the ranger is a lot better built truck that is why they say built ford tougth

Great Truck

by Randy Andy from Pasadena, CA on Tue Jul 29 2014

I love the truck and how it handles. It doesn't get fantastic gas mileage but runs on ethanol e-85 which is 50 cents cheaper per gallon. It has been very reliable and looks great.

My Ranger

by Always Looking for a Good Deal from Franklin, WI on Mon Feb 22 2010

I was looking for a reliable small truck for the weekend jobs around the house and to assist with family and friends. The Ford Ranger is strong, reliable with enough room to have the kids tagalong to the lumber yard, nursery etc. Just big enough withough being a full size truck.

The Ranger is my buddy

by Ranger man from Atlanta, GA on Mon Feb 23 2015

I have a 99 supercab XLT and it has been a real workhorse. When I bought it in 99 I never thought I would still have it 16 years later. Totally reliable over that time for me and has been indispensable for hauling any and everything. Only real issues I have had of late has been with some peripheral parts just getting old and deteriorating (door look actuators and cruise control buttons). It has never been in a shop for repair and it is exceedingly easy to work on. I am looking forward to 16 more years with my buddy and really wish Ford had not discontinued the model.

Excellent reliable truck

by frankwage from on Thu Nov 19 2009

XLT Extended Cab / Auto / Off Road Package 4x4 -This truck has been dependable and trouble free. Bought it with 20K miles and now has 130K. No major repairs ever. Doesn't leak or use any oil. Good work truck, hauled a bunch of firewood, but drives comfortable. 16.5 mpg in town, 18.5 to 19 mpg on the road. Highly recommend, buying another Ranger soon. Best value for the money in this truck class.

Good truck

by Pushing70 from Germantown, Md on Sun Jul 07 2013

Very good truck. Drives and rides like a car! Excellent work vehicle! Great gas mileage and nice capacity too.

Super reliable, 7 years no problems

by zstoval1 on Fri Jun 22 2018

The 3.0 is definitely a tank. My truck has over 200,000 miles and has been my best financial decision ever. I never worry about its reliability and plan on having it for many years instead of buying something new.

1 2 3

Our Take on the 1999 Ford Ranger

To those people who have spent their lives in cars, why trucks are so popular is a total mystery.

But to those who have driven trucks, the answer is easy, especially with a compact pick-up.

Compact pick-ups offer smaller engines than their beefier counterparts, allowing better fuel economy. This, along with a maneuverable size and available four-wheel-drive, makes a compact pick-up an option as a commuter vehicle. It especially makes sense if you have stuff to haul on the weekends.

Still not convinced? Try Ford's Ranger and you'll be hooked.

The Ranger was totally revamped for the 1998 model year. Late '98 saw the addition of a Super Cab model; this year's biggest change is the deletion of... Read More