1999 Ford Ranger

Great little work Truck

by from Colorado on August 29, 2017

I bought this truck used from a farmer and after some clean up, new tires etc I'm very happy with it. I use it for work mostly.

It'll take care of you if you take care of it

by from Greensboro, NC on August 28, 2017

Whether you need it for commuting or hauling, you can't go wrong with the Ford Ranger. No, it doesn't get the best gas mileage, but for a pickup truck, it isn't bad. It has hauled everything I've needed it to in the 2 years I've owned it and I've only ever had to make minor repairs on it.

Very Reliable Truck

by from Cleveland, Ohio on July 15, 2017

This truck is my first vehicle. It has a great engine it, runs great. I have the extended cab version, so its nice I can fit 5 into it. The interior is nice, plenty of legroom in the front.

Surprisingly reliable

by from Detroit on July 12, 2017

I bought my Ranger when it was 15 years old with just over 150k miles. The paint quality was less than ideal from the factory, and it was flaking in multiple places. The interior held up well and it still rode great despite it's age, and I owned it for over a year before I sold it to get a toy. Very little power from the 4 cylinder, but it never had any major issues.

1999 Ford Ranger 2wd First Truck

by from las vegas,Nv. on May 18, 2017

199k miles 6 yr ago purchased 157k timing belt only large fix great truck cylinder 1 fuel injector needs replacing I Love it ! 19mi gal city 24+ country.

Nice small truck

by from Columbus ohio on April 29, 2017

Just what I was looking for. Very nice truck. Small enough to get around easily, yet can haul mulch or whatever.

Dependable

by from on April 8, 2017

Had same Ranger for over 10 years. Has always run great. Has always been dependable! Makes a great first vehicle. Makes a great college vehicle.

good truck

by from Zanesville, OH on June 4, 2015

I've had mine for 2 1/2 years, I really love it, it gets good gas mileage. The only complaint i have it that when i bought it, it needed a new transmission, but i don't if that was the trucks fault or a previous owners. Other than that, i love it and have put it through a lot of abuse.

The Ranger is my buddy

by from Atlanta, GA on February 23, 2015

I have a 99 supercab XLT and it has been a real workhorse. When I bought it in 99 I never thought I would still have it 16 years later. Totally reliable over that time for me and has been indispensable for hauling any and everything. Only real issues I have had of late has been with some peripheral parts just getting old and deteriorating (door look actuators and cruise control buttons). It has never been in a shop for repair and it is exceedingly easy to work on. I am looking forward to 16 more years with my buddy and really wish Ford had not discontinued the model.

Reliable truck

by from Tennessee on August 3, 2014

I currently own a white 1999 Ford Ranger, 2wd 4cylinder engine regular cab. It's nothing fancy, it has 60/40 bench seats, pleather, am/fm radio no cd or cassette, hand-crank windows, AC, 15inch American Racing rims, UWS tool box, Bed liner, less than 30% tinted windows, and BF Goodrich tires. My father bought back in 2000, when I was just a boy, as a company truck and gave it to me with about 86,000 miles on it as a teen. Five years later and I have put the odometer on up to 118,300 miles and let me just say in my time of owning this vehicle it has been wonderful. It's seen me through college, it's gone offroad (NOT MUDDING IT WOULD GET STUCK lol), it's hauled furniture, bricks, lumber, sand bags, etcetera, and the only work I've ever had to do was change the battery, spark plugs, oil/oil filter, and routine tire rotations all of which I can do myself (except the tire rotations). I absolutely love my truck and maybe because it's the first vehicle I've ever owned but it's been wonderful. It's taken dents in the side and I pulled them all out with a plunger of all things I mean I've done maybe two or three patch jobs that look like nothing ever happened! It's just an easy to work with truck that I highly recommend to anybody who is looking for an affordable vehicle for their son or daughter, or even as a good work truck. I've made good memories in my Ranger and honestly I plan to drive it till the wheels fall off. My only qualms would be that the gas mileage isn't outstanding, I'd say I get 15-17 mpg and trying to accelerate up to speed on the interstate with the 4 cylinder model takes a minute. I would say with gas prices fluctuating between $3 to $3.5 it costs me about $45 to fill it up completely from almost empty. Which isn't all that bad but if you drive back and forth to work or school like I do during the week you're looking at filling it up once every week. But seriously I'm happy with the vehicle and am glad that the problems are so minuscule. Hope this helps!

Our Expert Review: 1999 Ford Ranger