1995 Thunderbird

1995 Ford Thunderbird

1995 Ford Thunderbird

4.5

Have you driven the 1995 Ford Thunderbird?

Extreme reliability

by He who is when he isn't from Alabama on Mon Jan 28 2008

I have over 250,000 miles on my T-bird and it still runs quiet and smooth, the only cost i've had in 5 years is 4 new tires and brakes, and oil changes. Nice sporty car with the tank like qualities you like when you're in a collision, comfortable and dependable. Serious power when you need it with the V8 and not really that bad on gas. I love this thing and will keep it as a second car if and when i ever get another car, very good choice for a used car.

Has It All!!!

by Oldieman from Martinez, CA on Mon Nov 09 2009

I purchased a new '95 T-Bird LX, V-8, and an instant love affair occurred between it and me. It was totaled five years later when I was struck by a drunk driver. It took me another five years of searching, but I finally found a near-duplicate replacement: A '96 T-Bird LX, V-8 powered, with leather interior. I paid top dollar for the '96, but I got more than I paid for! I have owned 20-25 cars during my 55 years of driving, and this particular style of Ford Thunderbird is my all-time favorite car. I gave it 5 Stars in every category, and would have given 10 if possible. If you're looking for a coupe that has it all, look no further! The full-size T-Bird won't disappoint you!

You just cannot go wrong with a thunderbird.

by car lover from Portsmouth, VA on Sat May 05 2007

I must say, that I was quite impressed with my Thunderbird. It handles very well on the road. The features such as outside temperature display, climate control with a digital readout, the ergonomics of the interior equipment such as the radio and temperature control are a plus. I first purchased my Thunderbird back in October 2005 and still have it to this day. My mileage is sitting at almost 164,000 miles and she's still purring like a kitten. The Thunderbird is one car that Mustang owners have overrated and I think that it's high time that Thunderbird owners should be recognized! BE LOUD, BE PROUD! I love my car and I don't see myself trading it in or letting it go until it has nothing left.

Ford's most underrated car

by Pykle from Topeka, ks on Fri Feb 22 2013

The 94-95 thunderbird is a well rounded car. I wanted this car because I always thought mustangs were a dime a dozen. This car can fit any engine the mustangs could so it is a good way to have a custom mustang without it being a mustang. You can usually find this car for less than $3k but it is worth every penny. Automatic climate control is stock and the console is very ergonomic and user friendly and has everything u don't know that u need. Aftermarket stereos fit right in and don't require an annoying dash kit. Must-have options are automatic delayed headlights and abs which isn't stock on all these cars. The rare supercoupe also has fog light and suspension control. The exterior looks great maintaining the wide tail lights as all t-birds did before it. If u r like me u will appreciate the almost non existent grille which instead it uses two functional air scoops to very effectively cool the engine down at higher speeds. Unlike most birds before it, the 94+ v8 and sc birds introduced a new transmission which will outlive the engine although will require replacing the front end seal one time in its life. Most complaints about this car is the odometer going out early. The windows will stop working and the doors will sag later in its life. However these are easy fixes in most cases. The front end suspension is known to be weak as most ford mercury vehicles in this time are known for. The v8 is a long lasting engine but performs sub-par being the first ever 4.6 liter engine ford came out with which has been more refined and popular until replaced in 2011 with the new 5.0. But this car handles great and the sc is more powerful and handles even better. The 94-95 thunderbird is just a joy to drive and much more reliable than the design before it with gas mileage almost matching the newer mustang 5.0. This is my favorite car and I hope to have one forever. FYI the naturally aspirated v6 is not recommended for it will always blow the head gasket. A known reliable replacement is required which I haven't researched.

fun to drive

by nate from chw on Wed Jul 16 2008

i got the 4.6 lx and it has plently of pick up for the price. the acesserys are great and i have some things that parents don't even have on thier car.

Best Car I have ever owned

by 95bird from hilliard,oh on Sat Apr 15 2017

Just a wonderful car.I had the car for 5 years and no major issues.Just normal routine maintenance.It's a cool looking vehicle with a airplane like cockpit interior.The V-8 engine is smooth and has good power.I love this car.Too bad they don't make them like this any longer.The only glaring negative is the cup holder is in the console between the front seats.

my baby

by erol from NY on Fri Sep 19 2014

I bought my 1995 V8 4.6 40th Anniversary Edition it is a pleasure driving . She has about 80,000 miles but the tranny went. I fixed it and how I still have trouble. But I am going to fix it again I cannot part with it. My kids loves it AND I HAVE TO KEEP IT FOR THEM!!!

Built Like a Tank

by Knows Her Cars from Orlando FL on Tue Jan 23 2007

I've owned two and both are great Reliable handling great for first time drivers handles well on highways large trunk is perfect for travel all around solid car built like a tank, not built like a beetle

Best car I have evered owned, next to my 57 chevy.

by Joshua from Palmdale, Ca. on Mon Apr 03 2017

Very reliable 95 tbird 4.6, 241, 000 miles, had a front transmission seal done to the car,,easy on tires, brakes...Just a trouble free car....Bought is 1996.....trouble free....

.,Poor handling

by Daspper from Wheeling, IL on Sun Sep 28 2008

In snow this car is like an eliphant on ice skates. Intake manifold gasket had to be replaced. In spite of all this , I like the car.

Does not recommend this car!!

Our Take on the 1995 Ford Thunderbird

Thunderbird is marking its 40th year in the market, a considerable length of time for a rear-wheel-drive, two-door coupe in a world of front-wheel-drive, four-door sedans.

That will change in 1998, when the Thunderbird is built off a front-wheel-drive Taurus platform. But that is then, this is now, and let's enjoy the car as it is while we can.

Whoever said you can't teach an old dog new tricks didn't have the wherewithal of Ford engineers in mind. With anti-lock brakes and traction control, who cares if the 'Bird is pulled from the front or pushed from the rear.

With traction control and 16-inch performance tires (an all season performance 16-inch tread is optional for... Read More