Find out if this car is the best match for you.
2015 Transit Connect

4.4

4 out of 5 stars Exterior Styling

Have You Driven the 2015 Ford Transit Connect?

Very useable cargo van

by RC59 from S.W. Florida on Mon Jan 19 2015

I was looking to replace my 16 yr old Dodge pick up. I looked at the Nissan NV also and choose the Ford. The Ford had a larger motor with a little more horsepower if you think a 4 cylinder has power. I kind of wanted a stripped out cargo van and then add some things to it. I ended up getting a version with more accessories and paid less for it. I'm into out door sports. Off road riding,camping,shooting. The cargo van is big enough to put my Honda CRF250L dual sport motorcycle in. Remove the mirrors and compress the front end with a strap. Bike loads up with no problem. I also have a Honda CB900(919) street bike. That fits also. Just remove the mirrors. No need to compress the front forks. I can load up my shooting bench and equipment and still have lots of room. My son asked my why the transit connect? I told him I have owned a truck since I got out of high school, class of 81, and wanted to do something different. If I were to put a topper on the truck I wouldn't be able to get my bikes in the back. And with this cargo van everything is enclosed and secured. Well the driving is kind of sporty, pulls pretty good with the 600lb streetbike in it. And the gas mileage is awesome. The old Dodge truck I had was running about 11 miles to the gallon. This Transit so far with 2 fill ups is running about 22miles to the gallon. That's pretty much just local driving. Really need to take a road trip to see how good the gas mileage is. Being an open cargo van I thought maybe the interior would be a little noisy. It does have a rubber floor mat in the back. That might help a little. But..its very quiet. Well time will tell. So far its been a very good van. Only draw back that I may see is passenger room. Only seats two. I do plan on making a couple of bench seats that I can take in and out quickly. Will have to check the legality of seating people in the back with improvised seat belts.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

by Best one out of the Bunch !! from Murfreesboro, Tn on Sun Apr 19 2015

I tried the Nissan, NV200, The Chevy version , The Dodge Ram city Van and then the Ford Transit connect .. The Nissan was ok, but didn't care for the front end , Chevy was the same , the dodge Ram city van looked very good but during the test drive it was very noisy on the road ... and it rattled a lot . The Ford transit connect was quiet, roomy , sleek style on the front end , controls were easy to see and get use to and the seats were very comfortable !! The test drive was great ... No road noise and very easy to see out of .. I was Sold !!! At the negotiation table I thought I was not going to afford this one with all the extras , but boy was I wrong !! This vehicle is Awesome !! price was right so I bought it !! So far it's been great ... mileage is getting better ... so far I am 24 mpg and climbing every day ... Hope to get around 30 when it's all said and done .. All I can ..It's a very nice vehicle !!

Great delivery van

by Jerkymobile from Minden, NV on Wed Oct 07 2015

I purchased a new 2015 Ford Transit Connect. I found the delivery van on-line and contacted the Internet Sales manager. This was the easiest vehicle purchase I have ever made. It is perfect for my small beef jerky company. There is tons of room for product and access to the rear compartment is easy. It is a zippy little van that is perfect for my needs!

Gas Milage low

by Moose from Santa Cruz CA on Tue Dec 02 2014

I am not getting the rated gas mileage. I'm getting 23mpg on the highway. sliding side door parts were falling off a week after delivery. Comfortable to drive.

Does not recommend this car!!

Short term ownership, but pleased so far.

by Justin from LEXINGTON on Mon Apr 23 2018

The features, functionality and value are hard to beat. I have had every brand of cargo van and something negative to say about all of them. This one has surprised me in power, gas mileage and suitability to our business needs. We purchased a passenger van to use for deliveries. I like having the headliner and XLT options. Headliners make them much quieter, especially in the rain. Fun to drive with great visibility and safety features.

We spend hours each day driving a Transit Connect

by Justin from LEXINGTON on Mon Apr 23 2018

It is a blast to drive. When you drive 30k miles each year in the city it is important to be comfortable and safe. We love what Ford has done with this work van. Having owned the other major brands Ford has got them all playing catch up.

Utiltarian

by Isolated in NH from Salem, NH on Sat Mar 24 2018

Great for local delivery but a bit rough for long distance. A bit noisy and tinny. Seats uncomfortable. Plus side very useable cargo bay. Also being low to the ground make loading easy. Good mileage.

IT'S A GOOD WORK TRUCK

by VINNYPIZZAGUY from BAYRIDGE, BROOKLYN on Sat Jun 23 2018

THIS IS MY WORK VAN-- I HALL FOOD AND STUFF AROUND-- ITS GOT GOOD AIR CODITIONER AND GOOD MILAGE FOR STOPGO TRAFFIC IN BAYRIDGE--I GOT NO COMPLNTS ABOUT THE VAN--GOT 80000MILES ON IT ALREADY GOOD TRUCK

Excellent

by KaroGL from Glendale,CA on Sat Dec 30 2017

I purchased a used 2015 Ford Transit Connect wagon , it dos drive very nice , lots of room for passenger and cargo.

Transit Connect two years old but new at 97 miles.

by JimmyBB from Fort Wayne, Indiaan on Tue May 02 2017

Love it as stripped down and will convert to camper. Bought new and had 97 miles. 2015 Transit connects are rare especially in this condition.

1 2