Model Details

3.8
Average based on 22 reviews

Windstar-a Jekyll and Hyde vehicle

by from Boston, MA on February 10, 2008

These are my comments after driving a LX for the past 8 yrs.On the negative side was the rust that formed on the bottom of the sliding door after only 5 yrs.,various electrical failures, poor turning radius, and constant engine knocking. However, the engine was incredibly quiet when idling, the overall ride was smooth and comfortable, and it always started right up, even in sub-zero temps. One of the most dependable vehicles I have ever driven, as it had over 186,000 miles and was still running fine when I finally got rid of it!

Great Van

by from Des Moines, IA on October 20, 2009

We bought our ford van 2 years ago used with 113000 miles on it. We did do some work to the tranny but no big deal. It is the best van ever. It now has 165000 and no major problems. A friend who has a 2009 dodge van says our Ford has way more power than his van. I hope to drive this van another 2 years and buy another ford van. We have taken it to Texas and Florida and I will drive it there 2 more times without any fear of failure. I really like the bench seats. We have 2 small children. One sits in the front and the other in the back. They like having the extra space to put there things.

I wish they still made them.

by from Virginia on November 21, 2008

I have put 114,000 miles on mine. I have not had any major problems. I would buy this van again. I wish Ford still made minivans.

major repairs

by from Mississippi on October 26, 2007

In less than 50,000 miles had to rerplace 3 engine seals and torque converter. At 85,000 miles need new transmission. Over $5,000.00 in repairs. No more Ford products for me.

Disappointment

by from South Central Iowa on January 27, 2007

We had to buy a different van after our 1998 Town and Country was hit by a deer. We have been less than impressed with our Windstar. Simple things like the quality of the feel of the gearshift, doors, etc do not match the level of our 4 year older Town and Country. The power locks work sometimes and the automatic doors have a mind of their own. Sometimes the automatic door opens on its own as we are driving. There are other things that are good about the van and I don't want to imply that it does not have any redeeming qualities; however, it seems there are better choices available.

quality job one, my rear end

by from chicago on August 8, 2006

The worst vehicle I have ever owned. sliding door issues constnaly, interior platic falls off everywhere loose screws, engine and trans repairs in first two yrs just a terrible vehilce and horrible dealers never by a ford again

Better than Chrysler.

by from Hampton Virginia on September 30, 2006

The Windstar is my second minivan. I had nothing but problems with Chrysler. When I replaced my Voyager I liked the look, price and convenience of the Windstar.

nice vehicle

by from colchester ct on August 2, 2014

I bought this about two months ago it is an sel model so far it is a very nice riding vehicle it is loaded with the dvd adjustable brake & gas pedal,leather int.red with silver trim tan int

mini van i fell in love with

by from havelock NC on October 3, 2007

After 73000 miles , still in good shape , a few shopping cart dents , but still looks good . did all the scheduled maint on time , including the dreaded 60000 mile insp . ( expensive !!!) Repairs -- intake minifold cracked , repair extensive , Transmission beginning to make funny noises , and starting to need warm up time to get the trans to move , but still a good vehicle !!seats get a little hard on long trips making stops to stretch a necessity . i keep the schedule ongoing for oil changes and filters replaced . i take it to a shell maint place for service , they have a large window so you can actually watch what is happening to your car . All in all a great buy !1

Best Ride I've had every with a vehicle.

by from Phoenix, AZ on September 12, 2006

This has to be the smoothest ride ever. Great on trips and lots of comfort for the kids in the back since the seats recline. You can also load a lot of stuff since the seats come out for cargo space. (Very convenient)!!