Model Details

1994 Geo Metro Consumer Reviews

Average based on 7 reviews

Drive it like it's stolen.

by from Dallas, TX on February 19, 2011

This car seemed indestructible. It lasted 15 years and 250k. Eventually the lack of oil and oil changes did it in. This car was run harder than any other car I've ever seen in my 50years on earth.

fun little car.

by from boise, id on June 10, 2010

great gas saver. fairly comfortable for long drives. had a few maint. problems, nothing major. it does scare me to drive faster than 60/65, it feels like i'm making it go to fast. problem with passenger window wont roll up right, so when it rains it leaks. I love my Geo

best spartan car ever

by from on December 10, 2012

I love my '94 Geo Metro XFi. I may finally be retiring it this year because the frame is now rusted out - can't prevent rust. But it's been an extremely reliable car. I have had no major issues with it until recently - all rust related. The gas mileage averages 40mpg. It has traveled across the country and back, been in all weather conditions. The only issue was traversing the Rockies, but it made it. I wish they still made this car. Since it was originally a Suzuki Swift, I'm looking towards Suzuki as a replacement. If you want luxury or power, this isn't the car for you. But if you want a spartan gas sipping economy car, this is it. It turns on a dime, parks anywhere, and has surprisingly large cargo space for its size, with the design of the hatch.

Still Going

by from on February 16, 2015

Bought this little car new .Never had to do very much to it ,just keep it serviced.Great little car,goes in all kinds of weather.Great mileage.Best vehicle i ever owned.Still driving it.

Great little car

by from Riverside,ca on May 25, 2008

Bought it because my Truck is too expensive as a daily driver.Now I actually save money having a Truck and the Geo. Very cheap to own. Insurance, registration,gas etc. Roomy inside. Car can hold a lot of grocerys when the back seat is folded down. In the winter the heater heats up the small interior in no time. In the summer the A/c cools it in no time. I only see two problems with this car. It has no guts going up a hill and you never want to get into an accident. Chances are you loose.

Very Nice Car

by from San Diego Ca, Chicago Il, on May 27, 2009

I bought my 94 XFI used in 1998 from a couple that used it as a tow car behind their Rv. Ive used it as a dedicated commuter car between San Diego and Chicago since. Averages 59 MPG, 54 MPG with AC in the desserts. No major problems keeps up with my Tercel in reliability and beats a Boeing 737 for cross country travel cost. Its not built for collision I wanted to add a roll cage, but likely safer than a motorcycle or plane. The 1.0L is the only engine Ive run cross country that used no oil. The XFI is the University of California pulse and glide champ averaging 119 MPG. Havent had a chance to try it, but heard they can get up to 138 MPG. I have mine equipped with high power VHF/UHF, GPS, Echolink, and wireless internet for cross country driving. Really a joy to own I can scoot across the country at will covering my 2150 mile commute for around 34 gallons, it handles the mountains and high speed desert driving with ease never a sign of over heating even with AC on through the Mojave by Las Vegas.

Will drive through any type of weather even snow

by from Weatridge CO on December 26, 2006

I have driven many cars and this little car really goes throuth the snow like no other, in 2003 we got 2 feet of snow and I had no problem going where I needed to go I was the only one to make it to work including the manager. So if you want a reliable car try this little machine.